Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People - Please get some Perspective

greenmile

I don't know quite what to think about people saying I'm not a Redskins fan. I'm sorry I'm not the stereotypical "YAY SKINS" fan that think's we're going 13-3 after starting 3-0 (a poll on redskins.com, in which I think 50% say 13-3). I may not be the most optimistic person, but I can assure you I'm probably more of a die-hard redskins fan that most of you here. Each week is life-and-death to me when the Redskins play. Check out my earlier posts, maybe that will show you I'm a true fan.

As for this bet, that's just stupid. Nobody wants to celebrate more than me. But you're not the ones who will live in misery for months if we lose on Sunday. So I'm taking the precautionary route, give me a break.

No guts no glory. Time to throw caution to the wind, be the true fan you say that you are. Recant your prediction and Support These Skins (STS). Positive vibrations baby! Notice the exclamation point? That Means I'm Supporting, Not Detracting (TMISND).

The Giants are a far better team than the Eagles, and if you think we won that game solely on luck, you must believe nearly every game of the season depends on luck. Look at the Buccanneers. They are actually a pretty awful team with a rediculously easy schedule (Titans, Saints, Texans, 49ers, Jets). In that game, the luck at the end didn't swing our way (2PT Conv).

But, I think it is much more than luck. You just must be crazy to think you win 4 in a row, scoring highly in the last two based solely on luck. Think the Giants didn't get lucky with that ludicrous pass-interference call on Shawn Springs?

So some people start giving us some credit, and we're just eating it up?

So we think we're in the top of the league now because we're, what, 9-6?

Let's not forget how stagnant our offense can be. Seriously, think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

What happens when our gameplan is outmatched? Do we pull another Raiders game, where we just look inept on offense and unable to go to plan B? It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

Let's all hope the Redskins don't decide to turn the ball over like we did against the Cardinals, cause we won't be able to survive that up in the Philly.

Things are on the up right now, sure. But I think you people need to realize that winning 4 straight does not make us a consistent team. In fact, just look at the Arizona game for such proof (we won the game on a kick return). I like our defense still, but even with the points we've scored the past two weeks, I feel that 2 years of an inconsistent and unpredictable offense does not change overnight.

Hopes destroyed, back to reality: Eagles 17, Redskins 14

Ok, Oldfan, now I know its not you. :laugh: ..you'd never give the game to the igglets no matter what.

Whatever you're playing here pardner, knock yourself out.

Our team throughout this season wasnt operating on all cylinders.Weve been off balance alot but now we are finally starting to get that "Gibbsian" gel.Sure weve been inconsistent but for a team to be playing like weve been late in the season when most teams are running out of gas were picking up steam.You cant use the excuse of LUCK or boil it down to a couple of plays.This is a team that has incredible talent,a huge heart,blue collar guys,that are finally developing Chemistry,not luck sir.

No, I'm not actually. I would die for the Redskins. I'm just being a realist and preparing for the worst.

I have some of the same concerns as you expressed above but after winning 4 straight MUST games the Redskins will not take the Eagles lightly. Joe Gibbs is our coach not Norv, Marty or Steve. Joe Gibbs and Greg Williams will not let this team forget what it took to get to this level.

The Eagles are a shadow of what they were last year, especially on Offence and if we remember what our #1 goal is going into Sunday's game then I believe we will notch another MUST win game. I just can't believe you have been watching the last 4 weeks...

I saw a stat that shows most NFC Eastern teams struggle this time of year when playing in the heat of the desert(Arizona), which we did manage to win.

We dominated the Rams in the 4th quarter in their house on that crap surface that they play on as we should have!

We destroyed a Dallas team that was out for revenge and should have had a sense of urgency against us....35-7.... I guess we were lucky again. if bledsoe wasn't sacked 7 times and didn't throw those picks and if portis didn't run for over hundred... IF...IF...IF..... If we would have won the 3 games at home that we should have then we would be looking at 13-3.

We beat a Giant team that blew our doors off 36-0 earlier in the year under circumstances that any team would have had trouble playing under. We beat them 35-20 and you call the 2 passes Moss caught as lucky? I will put my money on Moss against most dbacks in the NFL any day of the week! I guess the personal foul right before halftime and the tip to Tomer was a planned play by the Giants... How bout their interception for a TD by blackburn? I guess all that tape study helped in with the hey Mom look what I got interception. I guess next you will tell us how the refs after killing us for most of the last 2 years with horrific calls are suddenly on our side! Giant fans are now blaming the Refs...along with Shockey... Hey Jeremy your own coach said that when you are in that tight with a LB yor rarely get an interferance call because you are both bumping into each other... I believe we win the game on Sunday. The Redskins need us now don't give other teams more credit than they deserve!

Let's not forget how stagnant our offense can be. Seriously, think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

What happens when our gameplan is outmatched? Do we pull another Raiders game, where we just look inept on offense and unable to go to plan B? It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

Let's all hope the Redskins don't decide to turn the ball over like we did against the Cardinals, cause we won't be able to survive that up in the Philly.

Things are on the up right now, sure. But I think you people need to realize that winning 4 straight does not make us a consistent team. In fact, just look at the Arizona game for such proof (we won the game on a kick return). I like our defense still, but even with the points we've scored the past two weeks, I feel that 2 years of an inconsistent and unpredictable offense does not change overnight.

You know this is about the third time you have posted garbage regarding the Skins. In another thread you admitted to lying. What elese are you lying about?

Let's see, your screen name is "greenmile", you promote violence at football games, and you think the Skins will loose to Philly.

I called you out as an faecal fan before and now I'm convinced of it.

If it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like at duck....well it's a duck. :eaglesuck

seizurebig.gif

You know this is about the third time you have posted garbage regarding the Skins. In another thread you admitted to lying. What elese are you lying about?

Let's see, your screen name is "greenmile", you promote violence at football games, and you think the Skins will loose to Philly.

I called you out as an faecal fan before and now I'm convinced of it.

If it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like at duck....well it's a duck. :eaglesuck

seizurebig.gif

Come on now there's really no reason to hate on ducks like that now.

Iggles fan in disguise.

agreed! This guy clearly isnt a skins fan, b/c he wouldnt dare trash the team, and predict an upset against the eagles, when we clearly are the second hottest team in the NFC. By the age in his avy, he might be suffering from alzheimers, or something, b/c he clearly doesnt know what he's talking about. Go back to Philly you troll.

:eaglesuck

agreed! This guy clearly isnt a skins fan, b/c he wouldnt dare trash the team, and predict an upset against the eagles, when we clearly are the second hottest team in the NFC. By the age in his avy, he might be suffering from alzheimers, or something, b/c he clearly doesnt know what he's talking about. Go back to Philly you troll.

:eaglesuck

He's not 75; he told me in another thread that he was lying and his real age was 95.

If he is 95, God Bless him. But I know he's not a Skins fan.

I'll just put him on my ignore list so I don't have to listen to his garbage anymore.

Read all of my posts from this board and tell me I'm not a skins fan. Eagle's fan? Christ people. You think I've been hanging around here since September just to pull some stunt now?

Also, promote violence at games? No, I was just saying that I hate seeing opposing fans at FedEx, it makes me sick. For those people talking about brining Giants fan friends to the game last week, they shouldn't be allowed back to FedEx!

Greenmile...I'm not sure if you are a Beagles fan, but the writing seems to be on the wall.

My question is that you post this and seem to ask people to come back down to earth as far as predicitng playoffs and beyond. You say this based on the fact that we "pulled" a few games out and played poorly in some other games.

Well.....welcome to the NFL! What team beside the Colts (who had some close games this year) can say they were great all year long. Even the Seahags lost a couple of games and possibly more. The Chargers were considered by many as the 2nd best team in the AFC and they lost to the Phins???

We have been competitive in every single game except for ONE! That's an amazing thing to me and it all starts with the coaching. Someone said earlier that Gibbs won't allow this team to take Philly light. I couldn't agree more.

Instead of looking at things half empty, people are just looking at things half full. Oh...btw...remind me not to allow you to ever babysit any of my newphews or nieces. They may end up killing themselves after hearing the gloom and doom coming from you. :laugh:

Nah. Just because you may need to seek some kind of therapy doesn't mean a thing.

It's not my fault Dr. Phil filed that restraining order. I was willing to change. I just was persistent in my request that Mrs. Dr. Phil provide the actual hands-on treatment.

What you need to realize is that our team is one win away from going from 5-6 to 10-6 and in the playoffs. If you can't get excited about that, then I can't imagine what being you must be like when we lose 5 in a row.

What you need to realize is that our team is one win away from going from 5-6 to 10-6 and in the playoffs. If you can't get excited about that, then I can't imagine what being you must be like when we lose 5 in a row.

You people have got me all wrong. I'm awestruck at this team's turnaround the past 4 weeks. The past two weeks was the most fun i've had at FedEx ever by far.

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. When opposing teams visit our message board, I don't like that all they see is "Super bowl baby!" posts. Not only don't I like the reputation that lead's to (over-confident, delusional fans), but it could also set this board up for disaster if we lose. Let's be a little more conservative around here, and let's wait until we make the playoffs before we start talking super bowl.

#1 if you want to take out luck plays take out the tip and catch from the Giants

#2 even if you don't do #1 we still win by 1

#3 Yes we are 9-6 but think about how close we were t0 14-1

#4 HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I believe

13-2 we shouldve lost the Dallas game (just being real)

greenmile has a point.

We saw it earlier in the year with the Giants (oh no we're back to the 2004 team again) and when we played the Bucs, Raiders and Chargers....."we're winning, but we're playing not to lose and can't finish games"

So, again I understand why GM is stating this in that in the past everytime (in the past few years) when we have a meaningful game....we don't play well. And the teams of the past have been heartbreakers.

That said, this team is playing well and with momentum. How you pick the Eagles over Skins (Giants over Skins last week I would have bought) when the Eagles are decimated with injuries is beyond me.

Worried about the game? You have a right to be, the Eagles are a tough team (even with alot of starters out), we're playing at the Linc. on the road.

And we're playing a fellow NFCE rival.

It'll be a tough game, but there is no need to be so pessimistic anymore, we all know the stakes. So, to hell with it, save the analysis for when it's over and let's go Redskins :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

(BTW: The last comments were very similar to the thread where a very prominent poster predicted that Dallas was going to destroy us at FedEx except they've been changed for the Eagles game)

Read all of my posts from this board and tell me I'm not a skins fan. Eagle's fan? Christ people. You think I've been hanging around here since September just to pull some stunt now?

Also, promote violence at games? No, I was just saying that I hate seeing opposing fans at FedEx, it makes me sick. For those people talking about brining Giants fan friends to the game last week, they shouldn't be allowed back to FedEx!

well douche bag(thats french for greenmile) take my challenge, I have more to lose than you since Im a Redskin fan season ticket holder and love everything about my team and you are a snipe picking troll. You have nothing to lose in the bet, all you lose is your IP being banned from this site disallowing you to hate on the skins. I have to lose celebrating with my fellow fans our wins. You dont have anything to lose.

I know you have no spine since your not a Redskin fan, but I implore you to grow one and accept my challenge.

edit: If Im wrong about my french translation of douche bag, blame public schools.

Archived