Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People - Please get some Perspective

greenmile

no one that would "die for the Skins" would make a prediction like this. especially NOW, especially after the last 2 games.

please, be a little less transparent.

I don't understand you people. Someone predicts an upset in the other direction and you're not a fan? Fans cheer for their team, and love it when they win, and hate it when they lose. I probably hate it more than others when we lose, because my whole weak is ruined. I suppose the let down is a bit easier if I tell myself we're going to lose before the game.

no one that would "die for the Skins" would make a prediction like this. especially NOW, especially after the last 2 games.

please, be a little less transparent.

Why not, Die Hard which no one will question who his loyalty lies with, make a similar statement, before we played the Cowboys.

So some people start giving us some credit, and we're just eating it up?

So we think we're in the top of the league now because we're, what, 9-6?

What's wrong with eating up credit when we've been down for so long. I actually do understand your pessimism.. I learned from the best pessimist there ever was.. my father. He'd never get excited about a potential win until the gun sounded because he was sure "the other shoe would drop" and we'd lose.

There's a fine line between realism and pessimism.. and you've crossed that. There's been many, many posts here about the focus on Philadelphia and not making predictions. I doubt you will find one post on here from me personally about any predictions on playoffs. I've repeated over and over we have to win this game.

That being said.. I am hopeful and I feel positive. Why? Because I, like you, lived through the first Joe Gibbs era. The changes we've seen the past 4-5 weeks are not flukes.. they are "Joe Gibbs football" taking root and staying.. with the players really believing. That's my feeling. That's where my hope comes from.

Think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

But they didn't contain Moss. Neither did the Cowboys. And if they double eteam him, we have Cooley, and Thrash. And the beauty of Moss is that they don't have to be "target perfect" passes.. he goes for the ball, the ball doesn't have to come with him. Result? Less interceptions.

It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

You were around in Gibbs era 1. And you don't think there's a plan B. No comment on this statement.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

No, not sure. But hopeful. As long as they are focused and play their game and positions.

Personally, I never make predictions.. has nothing to do with faith, hope or whatever.

I can't believe the ages next to some of these posts. No way so many of you people are out of your early teens.

The first poster made a valid point. We haven't been consistent on the road. At home we have, aside from one complete dud. Losing to the Raiders at home was inexcusable and costly. The other home loss IIRC was to the Chargers in OT, no shame there -- the Chargers beat the Colts AND Pats at their houses too and it didn't take OT to do it.

ON THE ROAD though

- turned Chris Friggin Simms from dud to superstar in the span of one game

- won in AZ by less than a TD on a somewhat flukey play

- got housed by the Giants in brutal fashion

- pulled Dallas from out of god-knows-where at the last possible second (though that was still sweet as anything)

On the other hand

- Won 4 games in a row (2 on the road)

- dominated a tough rival with everything to play for

- got partial revenge for previous beating

- have a short trip to a badly wounded team to get to the playoffs

So there's plenty of things to support both sides of the argument. There is the possibility of dissapointment but there's also plenty of good reasons to be confident. Rather than sitting here denying that each side has a valid opinion, most of you guys are just attacking each other. That's pretty sad.

Why not, Die Hard which no one will question who his loyalty lies with, make a similar statement, before we played the Cowboys.

granted, but the cowpukes were in a lot better shape than the iggles are. and that was the first of two great games by the Skins.

at this point we have thouroughly beaten two division rivals in a row that were healthy compared to philly. so it really isnt a comparrison.

I don't understand you people. Someone predicts an upset in the other direction and you're not a fan? Fans cheer for their team, and love it when they win, and hate it when they lose. I probably hate it more than others when we lose, because my whole weak is ruined. I suppose the let down is a bit easier if I tell myself we're going to lose before the game.

sorry, but you can tell someones true feeling not by what they say but HOW they say it.

"hopes dashed, BACK to REALITY"

pretty much seals it for me. all other naysaters this week have been of the "i have a bad feeling about this one" ilk

see the difference?

Delete this thread. One win from the playoffs and you have THAT to say? Some one said it before. Some people just don't want a winning team. They want their team to stink so they have something to complain about. You liberal MFin...........blah blah blah!

There, There, leave liberalism out of this. This guy just sucks, Period! :rolleyes: Five catches for 160 yards should never be considered luck. If that had been Peyton to Harrison, it would have been considered greatness. I just do not get it. :doh:

What happened? How about 13 years of dissapointing seasons, that's what happened.

I hope we win. But there's a difference between hoping and thinking. Do I think we'll win, I don't know... maybe. I suppose there's a fine line between being a realist and a pessimist.

Perhaps this is bad timing, but after coming to this board and all I was reading was PLAYOFF predictions, I couldn't help but write this. I scared as sht about this game, and it just seems like some of you guys have already chalked up the win.

Green mile,

Hey - I think you are entitled to your opinion.

But if you are down on the Redskins and have a hard time being optimistic and cheer for them than maybe it is time to move on? I mean really - if ever a Skin fan had something to be excited and optimistic about it would be this coming game.

I (like you) have read some of the many threads that talked about who we would face in the playoffs or even "when" we get the Super Bowl. I have read some of these threads and rolled my eyes because nothing is for sure or certain yet at this point. But (unlike you) I start to enjoy the fact that we are able to talk about these things FINALLY! Why not have some faith in this Redskin team? Why not just say you are concerned about this last game but you will be pulling for the team. Why not pick the Skins in a close game rather than the Eagles? :2cents:

So there's plenty of things to support both sides of the argument. There is the possibility of dissapointment but there's also plenty of good reasons to be confident. Rather than sitting here denying that each side has a valid opinion, most of you guys are just attacking each other. That's pretty sad.

The Skins aren't by any stretch a dynamo on the road. They have also played very well in some of the road games. I don't think the original poster would have gotten this kind of reaction, if he didn't end the post with a prediction of a Skins loss. What kind of fan predicts his team will lose the most important game of the season with the playoffs on the line and riding a 4 game winning streak?

Here's a reality check for YOU, greenmile. The Eagles are a TERRIBLE team now. They're just gawd-awful. They have no players! Meanwhile the Redskins are playing very well and with a lot of confidence.

There's absolutely no rational reason to think the Redskins will lose this game. They won't.

The Skins aren't by any stretch a dynamo on the road. They have also played very well in some of the road games. I don't think the original poster would have gotten this kind of reaction, if he didn't end the post with a prediction of a Skins loss. What kind of fan predicts his team will lose the most important game of the season with the playoffs on the line and riding a 4 game winning streak?

an eagles fan. the rest of his diatribe was merely window dressing for the lame prediction.

My only problem is that I've read the initial post, in one shape, form, or another about 50 times on this board already. In about 4 different threads. All of them from Skins fans here. :doh:

I dont know PCS, with the prediction and a name like "greenmile" at this particular time....kinda fishy.

Predicting a Skins loss to an Eagles team which has McNabb, Owens, and Westbrook is one thing.

Predicting a Skins loss to an Eagles team that is 7 point dogs AT HOME is another.

I think Greenmile, as he stated, is just preparing himself for the worst. I'm scared of this game as well, given the track record of the Skins in Philly over the past, say, 20 years or so. But this is a game the Skins SHOULD win. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. I think there are a good number of people on ES that are confident but nervous.

I dont know PCS, with the prediction and a name like "greenmile" at this particular time....kinda fishy.

Don't get me wrong. It does smell a little like the seafood buffet here, I was just being sarcastic and giving a poke in the ribs to a few of the fellow Extremesters here. I missed I guess.

I don't know quite what to think about people saying I'm not a Redskins fan. I'm sorry I'm not the stereotypical "YAY SKINS" fan that think's we're going 13-3 after starting 3-0 (a poll on redskins.com, in which I think 50% say 13-3). I may not be the most optimistic person, but I can assure you I'm probably more of a die-hard redskins fan that most of you here. Each week is life-and-death to me when the Redskins play. Check out my earlier posts, maybe that will show you I'm a true fan.

As for this bet, that's just stupid. Nobody wants to celebrate more than me. But you're not the ones who will live in misery for months if we lose on Sunday. So I'm taking the precautionary route, give me a break.

greenmile,

Hmmmmmm.

Green.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

We are playing Philly.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Their team wears green.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I am NOT going to go so far as to say you are a fan of another team, HOWEVER, your cynicism is very irritating.

We are on a high. We deserve it. For the first time in years......I am excited in December.

You can continue to spread your :( and you can continue to spout the negativity........but you won't burst my bubble.

IF by some chance, the Skins end their season on Sunday, I will not cry......I will not wail.........I will not rant.

BECAUSE THIS year.......they took me on quite a ride.

Blondie

No, I'm not actually. I would die for the Redskins. I'm just being a realist and preparing for the worst.

Eagles 17

Skins 14 You allready expect the worst with that score. For shame. :mad:

Skins 27

Eagles 10 I expect a win. Period. :eaglesuck :helmet:

I dont mean no harm, but your weekend is allready ruined even before kickoff.Lord knows I've been down on our Skins this season, but things change at the right possible moment. They will win this Sunday, and Lord willing in the weeks to come. If not,we know they tried. Im happy with that.

Archived