Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kickoff coverage

Tarpon75

One area of play that I am a little concerned with is kickoff coverage.I know Hall's kicks have been a little short but I think we are giving up too much field position due to coverage.There was a couple of exceptions last week, one being the excellent play Preilou made.However,too many times our defense is coming on the field to close to the 50 yard line.Eventually this could catch up with us if not improved upon.Very excited with the way the team is playing overall but this is an area of concern in my opinion.

Well all of Halls kicks were recieved around the 10 to 15 yd. line

He was actually kicking a little better this week - i think he got to the 10 every time and even powered one all the way to the 8!

The coverage has been the weakest part of their game lately. I'm also worried about return teams. Like most astute observers, I'm a little nervous when A.B. returns punts. I don't like his decision making a whole lot. On kickoffs, it seems like they're setting up their wedge too close to him. He doesn't have any room to run before he's on top of blockers and tacklers. Seems like they should set up 5 yards farther up field, but what do I know.

he didnt say anything about the return team, he's talking about when we kick it....hence the word coverage

In wahoos' defense, sydshobob was commenting on our return team's effort.

BTW...

u forget that giants have willie ponder, the best return guy in the nfc?

I'm pretty sure it was our beloved Chad Morton returning kickoffs for the Giants, not Ponder. I could be mistaking though.

I agree,as stated that kickoffs have been short.I still think there is more to it .Even if Hall is only kicking to the 10 the other team should not be consistently getting the ball out beyond the 35 in my opinion.Hopefully ,it is an issue that is being addressed and will be fixed.

Archived