Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey the future

bbt06

Mechanically ramsey is by far the best qb we have, he has incredible arm strength and the talent is there. His confidence is somewhat shot after the beating he took under spurrier. Remember the way he played his rookie season, He had some very solid performences, an example is the first game against the Titans. Finally lets not forget how many pro-bowl qb's we have given up on; Trent Green, Rich gannon, and Brad Johnson just to name a few. Basically my point is don't give up on Ramsey just yet.

This pretty much sums up Ramseys career thus far:

IOA17-thumb.jpg

pretty much.

I really like him, I think he has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL. Sadly, I don't see him having it w/ the 'skins (barring Brunell being hurt for the entire playoffs and him taking us to the superbowl). For all intents and purposes, I think he's a goner this offseason.

Mechanically ramsey is by far the best qb we have, he has incredible arm strength and the talent is there. His confidence is somewhat shot after the beating he took under spurrier. Remember the way he played his rookie season, He had some very solid performences, an example is the first game against the Titans. Finally lets not forget how many pro-bowl qb's we have given up on; Trent Green, Rich gannon, and Brad Johnson just to name a few. Basically my point is don't give up on Ramsey just yet.

A cool head is worth far more at the QB position than are good mechanics. Most NFL QB's have good mechanics.

While I was impressed with his apparent comfort level stepping into the Giants game in relief of Brunell, he's going to have to show me more than that for me to think that he's our future. Let's be honest: that pass to Santana for a TD was all Santana because it was both behind Santana and high - I don't think another WR on our team could have come down with it.

I seem to remember, however, observing Trent Green's passes sailing even during his solid 1998 season, and not being sorry to see him go. I was wrong on that one. I'm rooting for Patrick and will continue to do so whereever he goes, but in all honesty I think he's done in DC unless he somehow lights it up in the playoffs if Brunell can't go.

I've read a lot of places that has said that Jason Cambell is the best QB on the team, and that Joe Gibbs wants to progress him slowly. The same Joe Gibbs that went after Mark Brunell, and Mark Brunell is doing fantastic this year. So, if Jason Cambell can learn from what Mark Brunell is doing: playing smart, don't throw it into traffic, going through your progression, etc. coupled with Jason Cambell's size and running capability, we have a fine Quarterback indeed.

i have been a long time ramsey supporter. i think he can be great. i would love to see him as the starter for this team.

at the same time, i love everything brunell has done and hope he can take us into the playoffs.

long story short, i dont care who we have as long as we win.

Let's be honest: that pass to Santana for a TD was all Santana because it was both behind Santana and high - I don't think another WR on our team could have come down with it.

Let's be honest: you could say the same thing about marks long bomb to santana that was almost a TD, the one where santana was basically sideways 3 inches off the ground somehow still running and catching the ball.

Yeah I think Ramsey has potential but Gibbs doesn't think so therefore if Ramsey's career does blossom it will be somewhere else.

Oh yeah, did you forget that we drafted a qb in the first round last year?

Oh thats right just like the lions, we draft a 1st and we play him for 4 years and watch him do nothing, i keep forgetting that you are supposed to play the first rounder by default.

Sorry, but Ramsey is a great QB and will blossem here in Washington. Campbell will be traded eventually. We went and got Campbell because we thought Brunell was finished last year. Now we know we have two QBs that can win!:2cents:

A cool head is worth far more at the QB position than are good mechanics. Most NFL QB's have good mechanics.

While I was impressed with his apparent comfort level stepping into the Giants game in relief of Brunell, he's going to have to show me more than that for me to think that he's our future. Let's be honest: that pass to Santana for a TD was all Santana because it was both behind Santana and high - I don't think another WR on our team could have come down with it.

I seem to remember, however, observing Trent Green's passes sailing even during his solid 1998 season, and not being sorry to see him go. I was wrong on that one. I'm rooting for Patrick and will continue to do so whereever he goes, but in all honesty I think he's done in DC unless he somehow lights it up in the playoffs if Brunell can't go.

IMHO, Ramsey's bound for the New Orleans Saints. We trade for their young DE. ABrooks has worn out his welcome, and New Orleans would be HOME for Patrick.

ya I hope for burnell to be o.k. But Ransey Is Younger & we need that spunky kind of QB

I like Ramsey a lot, don't get me wrong....but how can you say we "need" a specific type of qb?

Brunell has played good, almost great this season. We need a qb like Brunell, and guess what? We have a qb like Brunell.

I hate QB controversies!!!!

Ramsey is one of my favorite qb's we have had, but Brunell has really delivered.

Most passes are off target Look at the first pass to Moss he had to make a complete adjustment on it so to judge Ramsey on one pass is just not kosher.

I think Patrick Ramsey will play good somewhere else. If Coach Joe really trusted Ramsey to Quarterback the offense he wouldn't have drafted Jason in the first round. But knowing Gibbs, he will have a veteran to back up Jason once Ramsey is gone if Brunell retires.

A draft pick in the third round would make an even trade deal.

I really hope we keep PR next year. I also read thet Campbell is not progressing that well so Gibbs will want to keep an experienced back-up. The giants game showed how important it is to have a quality back-up. Just ask the eagles how important depth is at QB!

Ramsey has shown he can lead the team. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how well he did at the end of last year, and with the improved talent around him this year, he could be even better.

Like has been said, I don't care who starts as long as we win, but I think we can win with either. Brunell is getting on so Ramsey may get his chance next year over JC. I think we can afford to keep all three next year can't we? I appreciate that he may have some trade value but we wouldn't get a particularly high pick for him.

If Campbell is progressing as slowly as rumours claim he is, Ramsey won't be traded. A more likely scenario: Ramsey comes in for an injured Brunell next year, shines brightly, and lands a big contract elsewhere as an UFA.

Keep me in mind if this pans out Riggo :laugh:

I first posted that idea here over a month ago (and a few times since) along with a desire to keep Ramsey if all parties could make the right kind of deal/undertsanding.

I was met with a stunningly universal silence which I think showed that no one wanted to really hurt my feelings :laugh: , which reflects undeservedly well on me :D .

I like Pat, and can't wait to see how his story unfolds--I am absolutely fine with saying I could see it go either way, but I lean towards very good things for him and that's certainly my personal hope. I mean, look at some of the starting QB's out there today. Pat sure as hell should be an upgrade even with flaws.

I disagree about him being the best mechanically. There's more concerned than just the throwing motions in that matter. But as far as that goes, there's touch, control, variable timing (degree of arc) and footwork.

Pat has a stronger arm than Mark, we all know that, and he can make most all those kinds of throws I mentioned, the problem in the past has been how often, and even with his favortie type of throw, how consistently?

Mechanics also include taking the snap, dropping back, and handing off, and those are other areas Pat struggled with at times, arguably more so than expected after his first year. At least in the opinion of those coaching him and many (not all obviously ) fans & analysts.

Mark has many of those skills developed to a higher degree at this time, when healthy. Now I'm just sticking with the "mechanics" thing and not getting into other aspects of play for this post.

And BTW saqs...mean, but funnier n hell. :laugh:

I think Ramsey will remain a Redskin unless the team can get trade value for him. He doesn't cost much against the cap, so why give him away for a low draft pick? I admire Ramsey's courage and want to see him get a chance to start somewhere, but there is no incentive for the team to give him away for nothing. I hope they won't take less than a 2nd rounder for him.

I also don't see Ramsey going to New Orleans, even though he played his college ball at Tulane. The reason: the Saints will probably have the #3 pick at worst. This gives them the opportunity to pick up Matt Leinart or Vince Young. If they pick up one of those guys they will probably go with a more experienced backup for next year.

In my opinion, the most likely trade partners for Ramsey are: Miami, Detroit, Arizona, Oakland, and Dallas. I personally would like to see a Ramsey for Demarcus Ware trade :).

The Campbell not progessing report comes from one reporter, Jeremy Green, and conflicts with other reports. It's all hearsay at this point -- I mean, as the number three qb, how many snaps does JC get a week? We won't know what we have in him until he gets some action on the field -- and in preseason he showed some poise and nice touch on the deep ball, two things Ramsey has shown to lack in the past.

Should be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. Considering his low cap number and suspect trade value, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep PR.

Archived