Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No matter what happens, the Giants don't deserve to be NFC East champs

FranklinNoble

I can't believe more people aren't making noise about the fact that the Giants got 9 home games and 7 road games this year. With the NFC playoff race being as tight as it is, and with the Giants proving themselves to be a terrible road team this year (2-4 so far), that extra home game is proving to be critical to the entire NFC playoff picture.

Think about it... if the Giants have to play New Orleans at a neutral site, and without home field, maybe the Saints pull off a win. That would leave a few more teams alive for the playoffs right now, and the Redskins in the driver's seat for the NFC East.

I think the league did a big disservice to the other 15 NFC teams by giving the Giants a free home game, and no matter what they accomplish this year, their season deserves an asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

Yes it was an advantage, yes people here and around the league cried foul, but what can be done now. The League office made the call, you can't blame the giants for that, or penalize them for playing the game as the league office set up..

And several teams get advantages with the schedules, but that is just part of the game. Who knows whose going to be good or bad from season to season. The Bears play in the NFC North, The Colts had a fairly easy schedule, the Skins had a difficult one. Just works out that way

A: I think they beat the Saints anywhere they would have played them, so the extra home game doesnt mean much.

B: If they are truly a terrible road team then they will lose to Oakland this weekend and as long as we take care of business then it doesnt matter.

The Saints finished strong last year, and defeated the Panthers before that game. It is called home field advantage for a reason. The Saints lost the game because of turnovers, they actually had better stats except the TO.

There is noway anyone can assume how the game would have turned out in NO, or another stadium, where the giants had to travel.

Think about it... if the Giants have to play New Orleans at a neutral site, and without home field, maybe the Saints pull off a win. That would leave a few more teams alive for the playoffs right now, and the Redskins in the driver's seat for the NFC East.

Win games we're supposed to, like Oakland at home (leading 13-3 at halftime), and we'd currently be 1st in the division with our butt planted firmly in the driver's seat.

i will say it again. it makes no difference who the gints played or the outcome. the fact that the nfl GAVE them an extra home game shows bias. plain and simple.

in what world does a fair fight occur when one man gets a sword and the other does not?

this was not a "mistake" or poor planning. this was an unfair advantage given to a team that is overrated, overhyped AND over-played on saturday.

i love being a Skins fan, rarely do we get the calls, most everything we get is on our merit. so go ahead little eli and the rest of the BS gints take your extra home game but realize if we meet again in the playoffs that you will get beat again. substance over glamour everytime.....****es

The Giants got a bit of luck at the beginning of the season. If they take advantage of it, that's to their credit. I might be irritated at the NFL for giving them an extra home game (and, worse, making the already beat-down Saints play an extra road game) but I won't blame the Giants. They play the hand they're dealt, just like the rest of us.

I'm just saying... you can bet that if it had been the Redskins with an extra home game this year, nobody would ever shut up about it. The national media would be in a perpetual orgy over the fact that we made the playoffs by one game and we had a free home game this year.

Somehow, it seems the Giants have gotten a free pass on this one.

I can't believe more people aren't making noise about the fact that the Giants got 9 home games and 7 road games this year. With the NFC playoff race being as tight as it is, and with the Giants proving themselves to be a terrible road team this year (2-4 so far), that extra home game is proving to be critical to the entire NFC playoff picture.

I think the league did a big disservice to the other 15 NFC teams by giving the Giants a free home game, and no matter what they accomplish this year, their season deserves an asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

Get off it. The Giants deserve to be NFC champs because they won the most games. The venue of the game shouldn't matter. It's called home field ADVANTAGE, not home field GUARANTEED VICTORY. Come on, man. You sound like a whiner.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the fact that we went up to the medowlands with the opportunity to take the title from them and layed an egg.

they arent the nfc champs YET pal. and deserving has nothing to do with it. if they were so "deserving" the fools would have already locked it up. they got an extra home game which as we know from this year IS an advantage. especially when the team you are playing is already beat down by the worlds biggest natural disaster. the nfl showed how biased and classless they are with this one. people should be more concerned with the disadvantage caused to the saints. think about it, your home stadium is basically destroyed your fan base killed or homeless, your hometown wiped of the map and the nfl makes you play a "home" game at the meadowlands? please.

Win games we're supposed to, like Oakland at home (leading 13-3 at halftime), and we'd currently be 1st in the division with our butt planted firmly in the driver's seat.

Thank You, I went to the Oakland game and the Skins stunk up the whole stadium in the second half. They clearly deserve credit for their hard fought recent turn-around. In the middle of the season they did not really play like a play-off team. Now they do. I think making the playoffs and proving it on the field will be worth far more than the East title...next year!

It is not a big deal to me. Like Henry said, they played the hand they were dealt. What were they gonna do turn it down? Tags gave them that game, and they made the best of the opportunity. With all of the displaced Saints fans, where were they actually gonna play? The NFL, the Saints, and the Giants all made money off of the game being played in NY. And I do believe that a portion of every ticket sold was donated to Katrina relief. So it was a good cause. I don't surf other sites, but I think that we may be the only fans griping about this issue. We should have played better in NY, then we would deserve to be on top of the division. The true test comes on Sunday,(on the road, and we all know that we don't particularly play well on the road.) If we win that game, we should be able to win the division. Because NY is not a good road team either. So lets not gripe about this and root for the Skins to get the job done on Sunday.

HAIL

The best team in the division right now is the Redskins. Nobody can dispute that. But the Giants have been better all season long. The difference between us and them has been we've had the "bad" loss (Oakland) and they have not.

Here's to the Giants 1st "bad" loss of the season coming Saturday night.

:cheers:

In two weeks when you guys come to the Meadowlands we will see who the best team in the division this year was, but at this point in time the Redskins who have performed well the last two weeks (with a little help from the officials last week) are playing like the best team in the division. When they are playing well they can probably beat any team in the NFC, but when they are playing bad they can also lose to any team in football (besides the Jets :laugh: ) and a lot of times this season we have seen the Redskins play like a bad team and they have done nothing that leads me to believe that they can play like a top notch football team for 7 consecutive weeks (Weeks 15, 16, 17 and the playoffs.) The only thing that really gives them a chance in the playoffs is the fact that the NFC is incredibly week this year and with the exception of the Seahawks no team has shown a great deal of consistency either. The Skins will probably be the weakest of the playoff teams in the NFC (and NFL as well), but their will be some ugly football played in the NFC playoffs and thats what gives the Redskins a shot.

Archived