Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not that it matters or anyone cares . . . Santana Moss . . .

goldenster95

. . . currently has exactly 1400 yards receiving . . . that currently places him 2nd overall behind Steve Smith who has 1432 . . . Chad Johnson is right behind them with 1377 . . . and this doesn't include Anquan Bolding and Larry Fitzgerald who started the day at 1240 and 1236, respectively, and are still playing . . . with 29 and 49 receiving yards at the half, respectively, Boldin has 1269 and 1285 . . .

. . . currently has exactly 1400 yards receiving . . . that currently places him 2nd overall behind Steve Smith who has 1432 . . . Chad Johnson is right behind them with 1377 . . . and this doesn't include Anquan Bolding and Larry Fitzgerald who started the day at 1240 and 1236, respectively, and are still playing . . . with 29 and 49 receiving yards at the half, respectively, Boldin has 1269 and 1285 . . .

35-7

35-20

Those are the kind of numbers I care about!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Moss earned quite a bit of those yards making people miss

Agreed. That makes his #s all the more incredible when you think about it. In many cases he didn't get open deep and run a few yards with the ball, instead much of his yardage has come on WR screens and shorter routes where he's added serious YAC.

Moss is a poor man's Steve Smith. If we can get him a legit #2 to play with, he and our offense will be truly amazing.

Moss earned his money today. Props to him for making those adjustments to the ball. He's the most exciting reciever we've had here since Clark IMO. You could argue '99 Westbrook, but he wasn't as explosive as Moss if I remember right. Either way he's a great addition and absorbing Coles' cap hit was the right move to get this guy.

Agreed. That makes his #s all the more incredible when you think about it. In many cases he didn't get open deep and run a few yards with the ball, instead much of his yardage has come on WR screens and shorter routes where he's added serious YAC.

Moss is a poor man's Steve Smith. If we can get him a legit #2 to play with, he and our offense will be truly amazing.

A poor man's Steve Smith? Moss isn't a poor man's anything. He's just as good as Steve Smith, and their games are scarily similar.

Steve Smith is great (trust me I know-he was on my fantasy team), but to call Moss a "poor man's Steve Smith" is just insulting, especially when Moss only trails him by only 32 yards despite not having anyone to take the pressure off of him.

Steve Smith is great (trust me I know-he was on my fantasy team), but to call Moss a "poor man's Steve Smith" is just insulting, especially when Moss only trails him by only 32 yards despite not having anyone to take the pressure off of him.

I wasn't trying to disparage Santana Claus. However Smith has been more consistently productive through his career, does a wider variety of things to create offense and has been almost impossible for other teams to shut down in spite of their knowing that the Panthro's offense goes through him beforehand. Moss may end up having similar consistency but we don't know that just yet. To date he has been shut down periodically.

As for Moss only being behind Smith by 32 yards, you do realize that Smith was ejected from last week's game while Moss had a career day to catch up in the standings?

Make no mistake about it, Moss is a damn good WR and I think it was probably the best move of the last offseason bar none. However, I just think Smith may be a hair better. That doesn't take anything away from Moss.

Its gay that Larry Fitz and Anquan Boldin are even allowed to be on that list...all the cardinals do is pass, Literally...:laugh:

Oh and Steve Smith is on steroids...seriously heres the proof.

1. He got so pissed off and te ref and got ejected from the game.

2. He had a career ending injury on his legs but came back.

3. He runs even faster than he did before the suppose to be career ending injury

4. Hes Unstoppable and leads the league in recieving yards.

I let myself believe that Santana Moss is the real reciever leading the league in recieving yards...

What's more incredible to me at least is that he's running the exact same routes that LC was running, but LC had crappy YPC and YAC.. Maybe someone should tell LC it wasn't the offenses fault for his poor receiving yards

Moss had an awesome start, slowed in the middle and is finishing strong....i would love to have him get 150-200 this weekend and steal the receiving title.

You noticed though in the middle when his numbers were down, we weren't running the ball all that well. With Portis, Cooley, and Royal stepping up Defenses just can't double Moss all the time.

Balanced offense is great =)

Archived