Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much worse can Brett Favre embarrass himself?

Westbrook36

I can't believe the media is stroking him off....talking about how he should come back for one more year. He looks like an old tired Willie Mays, dropping balls in the Mets outfield.

If Favre comes back next year, he won't make it till the end. He's just horrible now. HORRIBLE.

He is holding the poor Green Bay franchise hostage since you can't say no to a living legend. Well, San Fran did a few years ago. Hopefully GB gets a sack and does the best thing for their team. Develop Rogers for next year and the inevitable rebuilding.

I can't believe the media is stroking him off....talking about how he should come back for one more year. He looks like an old tired Willie Mays, dropping balls in the Mets outfield.

If Favre comes back next year, he won't make it till the end. He's just horrible now. HORRIBLE.

He is holding the poor Green Bay franchise hostage since you can't say no to a living legend. Well, San Fran did a few years ago. Hopefully GB gets a sack and does the best thing for their team. Develop Rogers for next year and the inevitable rebuilding.

If he leaves, Sherman will look that much worse. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, he is starting this upcoming week. Or did I miss something. Sherman is still backing Favre 100% as far as I know

Other then last night their defense is playing pretty good. They have only lost the majority of their games by just a few points and Brett is avg almost 2 INT's per game. I know football is a team sport but this guy has got to assume responsibility. They have lost a lot of games because of him. All he ever does is throw up the ball and prays that his guy comes down with it.

I don't care how many of his skill players are hurt, Favre is making some of the worst decisions I've ever seen. He routinely throws into double, if not triple coverage, and looks like he'd rather throw a pick than take a sack. Teams don't even bother covering the flats because he never checks down and takes the smart, easy play. I mean, hall of famer or not, how can the Packers not be playing Rogers right now?

Whats his excuse for the last 4 years when he has had everyone. The 6 INTs in the playoffs against St Louis. The season ending INT against the Eagles. Every year, Favre enablers let him off the hook for his horrible play and he comes back.

superbowl title he has.... whats mcnabbs excuse is the real question

Whats his excuse for the last 4 years when he has had everyone. The 6 INTs in the playoffs against St Louis. The season ending INT against the Eagles. Every year, Favre enablers let him off the hook for his horrible play and he comes back.

This coming from the guy who bad talks Peyton Manning :rolleyes:

I think people fall into the trap of giving too much credit or blame to the QB.

Favre is going to throw it up there sometimes. He will give the opposing defense chances. But that doesn't mean he sucks. It's his style of play. Risk/reward. He'll always try to make the tough throw or throw up the jump ball.

Against MIN last year, the team was playing in a hole down 14-0 from the outset, and they had injuries during the game.

Agaisnt PHL the year before, it was more about McNabb's 4-26 than anything else. The Packers had already won the game, and that was a huge momentum change.

Against ATL in 2002, again with the injuries to Driver, Green and GLenn ( you can't discount how injuries during a game really screw with the gameplan), but the big story was ATL running for like 200 yards and stuffing the Packers run. They had like 130 yards in the first half against the Pack. They were down 24-0 at halftime.

Against St Louis in 2001, it was against the greatest show on turf. (who had a pretty good defense that year) I might give you this one, because he was pretty sloppy. The first score was a pick for a TD to put the Rams up 7-0. But the receiver ran the wrong route so it was hard to put that of Favre.

You want to pin all those losses on Favre, and I don't. SOmetimes teams just get beaten. Personally, I think Sherman is an average coach. I would pin those losses on Sherman before Favre. He's lost some absolutely. Like last year vs Min when he threw that illegal forward pass in the playoffs. He never would have made that throw earlier in his career. He knew he was beyond the LOS. But he's still better than a bunch of starting QBs right now.

Favre is, without a doubt, one of the tougest QBs to ever play in the league. But I think a lot of commentators (especially John Madden) allow toughness to take the place of good quarterbacking. Favre just isn't all that good a quarterback. Honestly, he's a defensive coordinator's wet dream because he always throws into traffic or simply throws the ball up for grabs, hoping his receiver will out-jump or otherwise outmaneuver the defensive back. I have an uncle who's on the defensive staff of an NFL team, and he says that that's basically the consensus around the league among defensive staffers.

Everyone should definitely appreciate, though, his ability to start that many games in a row and play through injuries. That's a real feat.

To be perfectly honest, Brett Favre has always thrown a ton of picks. The difference now is that he doesn't have a defense that can minimize the damage that his picks do to the team.

With Favre, you know what you're getting- he's going to take chances, throw some passes that he shouldn't throw, and a healthy portion of the time, that leads to a positive result. But that also sometimes leads to INT's, which he is increasingly throwing more and more of.

Before, his team benefitted from his risk-taking style of play b/c it got them in the end zone and when he made a mistake, he had Reggie White, Gilbert Brown, and Darren Sharper, etc. to back him up and keep the other team from capitalizing.

Those days are gone though, and he's still taking the risks that are absolutely killing his team, only now the INT's aren't accompanied by the touchdowns like they used to be.

With the changing team around him, his style should also have changed (i.e. more checkdown passes and throw aways), but of course none of his media darlings would ever bring themselves to say anything other than, "Boy, that Brett Favre sure looks like he's having fun out there!"

Yes, Peyton Manning is perfect and beyond any criticism, right? He has won a Superbowl every year since he has been in the league and won all the big games in college too. Haven't you heard?

Sounds just like Donovan McNabb :laugh: ;)

Anyway Favre should retire but he's got a pretty big head and will probably keep playing and ruining an already depleted franchise.

Archived