Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinch Wildcard Berth

Addicted2Skins

The Bucs. In Tampa Bay. Atlanta looks like the least likely team to make the playoffs. They have Tampa and Carolina left. Dallas also has to play the Panthers. Fortunatley the division races are so tight and all of the division leaders, save Seattle, are neck and neck for HFA. The Bears, Giants and Panthers all have to play to win. Fortunately for us the Bears and Panthers play opponents that we need to lose.

Actually I do not see Atlanta as a lock. :( They looked really bad last night against a very bad offense. Chicago's defense stop their whole running game. The only thing that is certain so far is that Seattle is a dead lock. Besides them, the 8 teams still in contention still have shot.

The good thing about us is that we control our own destiny. If we win out we make the playoffs. Period! Now if we win out and the Giants loose their last two games, we win he division. :gaintsuck

I usually don't put the cart before the horse...but I see the Skins as Playoff Bound already!!

I'm wondering if anyone tried to figure out if the Skins can possibly HOST a Playoff game if we Win the Division!! I believe our conference record is as good or better than anyone else with a playoff chance besides Tampa.

:1stplace: :wavetowel :wave: :gaintsuck

I usually don't put the cart before the horse...but I see the Skins as Playoff Bound already!!

I'm wondering if anyone tried to figure out if the Skins can possibly HOST a Playoff game if we Win the Division!! I believe our conference record is as good or better than anyone else with a playoff chance besides Tampa.

:1stplace: :wavetowel :wave: :gaintsuck

Every division winner gets to host a game.

In a way, tonight's game...Packers at Ravens is kind of important. The way I see it, we want the Ravens to build some momentum by beating the Packers so when the Vikings come to town, they will be more psyched up for them.

Do you work for Monday Night Football? :laugh: I mean seriously, these are two of the worst and most boring to watch football teams on the planet....And their game means nothing.

We just gotta keep doing what we've been doing. Run the ball well and play DE-FENSE!!!!

I think we'll get in, and winning the division isn't out of the question either.

That said, I'll be cheering for Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Baltimore. Ironically ALL home teams:paranoid:

This looks doable:whoknows:

It dont matter what else happens with the other wild cardteams that are 7-9 in the willdcard hunt or whatever. The skins win and there in even if the other teams win also. There conf. record is better than the other wildcard teams. So we control our future for the playoffs!!!!!:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I say just win the last two. Then we're in, at least as a wild card. Then if things happen our way and we end up winning the division, then that's just that much sweeter.

I like that now, thanks to Chicago, that we actually control our own destiny here. Win both. We're in. Period.

:wave:

Do you work for Monday Night Football? :laugh: I mean seriously, these are two of the worst and most boring to watch football teams on the planet....And their game means nothing.

I can see how you would think that this game means nothing...but it IS Monday Night Football and I want the Ravens to gain some momentum before they play the Vikings. The Vikings ARE NOT as good as their streak had indicated...the only good team they beat was New York and they were totally dominated except for those 3 returns.

The last thing I want is for the Ravens to "lay down" to the Vikings on Chrsitmas day next week.

Keep in mind...Minnesota REALLY laid an egg yesterday! They were at home in virtually the same position as us and they didn't even show up. It came on the heels of the "Sex Cruise" talk being re hashed. I read an article saying how that came up at the worse possible time.

Losing to the Steelers is no shame but they really played horrible on offense. Now they have to go on the road to Baltimore...now I know the Ravens have WAYYYY underachieved this season...but they DID beay the Steelers in Baltimore a few weeks ago. Thay CAN compete!

I'm not too worried about Carolina beating Dallas in Carolina.

The Bucs worry me a bit...but they are at home and they beat the Falcons once already this season...I'm really hoping they rebound from that shut out loss to the Pats and take the Falcons down for us.

At the very, very worst, I want the Skins to be in position to simply win their finale against the Eagles to secure a playoff spot...even if they lose to the Giants, which I don't think they will, but just in case.

If the Skins, Boys,Falcons and Vikings ALL LOSE this coming week, the Redskins will STILL be in a "win and your'e in" position.

Meaningful games in December! I am so geeked! When 'Da bears beat ATL. last night...When ESPN posted the "if the season ended today!" this A.M. on sportscenter; I blinked several times, refocused my eyes, and sipped my coffee in awe!

I LOVE IT!!! Thats such a good feeling isnt it;)

Thats great that we can clinch the playoffs. But I dont think that the Vikings will lose to the Ravens.

I really believe the Vikings will LOSE to Baltimore next week. They are a fraud team and should struggle in Baltimore.

Atlanta will not win both of their remaining games. They are done.

Dallas has a shot. Their playoffs start this week in Carolina. If they beat them, and we lose one, they probably get in. However, we are not going to lose and Dallas will likely lose to Carolina.

So, I see us needing one more win to make the playoffs and it's coming on Christmas eve. This is a revenge game and the Skins will be extemely hyped.

I just had to post this in here. Here are NFL.com's official playoff scenarios. It is the first time I have seen this in 5 years...

NFC EAST DIVISION

N.Y. Giants can clinch division title with:

1) NYG win or tie

N.Y. Giants can clinch playoff spot with:

1) MIN loss or tie

Washington can clinch playoff spot with:

1) WAS win + DAL loss + MIN loss + ATL loss

:point2sky

I just had to post this in here. Here are NFL.com's official playoff scenarios. It is the first time I have seen this in 5 years...

NFC EAST DIVISION

N.Y. Giants can clinch division title with:

1) NYG win or tie

N.Y. Giants can clinch playoff spot with:

1) MIN loss or tie

Washington can clinch playoff spot with:

1) WAS win + DAL loss + MIN loss + ATL loss

:point2sky

I know what you mean...it's just nice to see this in official print after all these years.

Archived