Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Didier or Cooley who is the better player?

aussieskin

I think Cooley if he remains healthy cuold be the best TE the Skins have ever had. He blocks better than Didier and catches and runs just as well. Could you imagine Cooley with a receiving trio comparable to Monk, Clark, and Sanders????

How wide open would he be alot of the time then??

It's only his second season, but without hesitation in my opinion Chris Cooley is not only better than Clint Didier, he's the best H-back/Tight End the Skins have had since Jerry Smith.

Chris Cooley's hands are simply amazing. :notworthy

Good call on the Jerry Smith comparison. Smith had great hands and was a tenacious blocker. No knock on Didier. He was very fast and surehanded as well. He just didn't have Smith's longevity.

:gaintsuck

Didier right now is still better. Didier was also like option 4 or five most of his career. Cooley is option number two with Brunell. Now that could speak to greater WR talent or it could speak to how good Cooley is, but for now I'll let my nostalgia judge. Besides, I want Cooley to feel like an underrated, disrespected guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder for being overlooked.

Actually, I think its more impressive that Cooley is doing as good as he is with the Redskins basically only having one option in front of him. Didier, who I loved, had 3 good receivers in front of him. He got open a lot because of it. We could reverse this to ask how good would Didier be if he was the number 2 thread behind say, Gary Clark?

Cooley is too young to be considered our best TE ever, but he's certainly on track to be if he keeps at this pace for a godo 4 more years or so.

Archived