Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So...which one was sweeter??? 14-13 or 35-7? (merged)

NOVA2Tampa

The first one. For two reasons:

1) When I called my dad after the Week 2 game, I found out that he had gone to bed and didn't know the Skins won!

2) A Cowboy fan at work had also gone to bed, thinking the Cowboys had won. The look on his face in the morning was priceless!

Bonus Reason:

The sight of Gibbs jumping up and down like a kid!!!!

I picked the first game in a photo finish, because of the shock and awe I was left in. The game had become so painful. It had gotten so bad that I stopped watching it on TV in the 4th quarter and kept up with it on ES so I didn't have to suffer alone. Because I was scared I would curse the Skins if I turned the TV back on, I read the ES posts all the way to the shocking end!

Although unexpected, yesterday's game was much easier emotionally and very satisfying from start to finish, except for the Thomas injury. It was soooooooooooo satisfying and very sweet!!!

The only thing better than a Cowboy loss is a Redskin win. It's double-delicious when they lose to the Skins! It's great being a Redskins fan today!!!!!!! :D

Def a tough call. Yesterdays game was the kind of game you almost hated to see end. But the week 2 game was great cause them skinz never quit, almost like Gibbs knew when to pull out the whup-a$$. Like he was just waiting till Little-D got ****y. Then WHAM!! :silly:

I'll take 'The Blow-Out' over 'The Nail-biter' everytime, especially with Dallas.

1) Officiating advantage: refs cannot take games like this away.

2) Tiebreaker advantage: points-for & points-against are tiebreakers for post-season.

3) Excuse advantage: cowboy fans can't go "what if..." & "won't win next time..."

4) Humility advantage: less smack talk leading up to other games later.

In September we broke the Cowboys hearts, but in December we broke the Cowboys backs. Although I love giving the boys a painful loss they regret for two months, I would much prefer to kick them out of the playoffs in embarrasing fashion.

I agree. In Dallas, Monday Night Football, ring of shame induction for the tripletts, ending the losing streak, ending the losing in Dallas streak (it had been 10 years!!) and do it in such dramatic fashion...you can't really get any better than that.

The blowout is nice, but I agree with J-Rad -- I've never been more euphoric after a game than I was after that one...so awesome!!

I also agree. In Dallas, in their house, MNF, after their Ring of Fame presentations. They were so sure of a win, that is why they picked this game to try and humilliate their arch rivals on national TV. They were looking OK, but not awesome and were ahead in what looked like an "aw shucks"

victory. :dallasuck

We woke some people up on the east coast with the first TD to Santana :doh: , then blew the non-believers away with the second TD to Santana :laugh:

When we went into their house and seemingly stole a sure victory from them on national TV, we had 'em and still do.

This victory Sunday was icing on the cake we baked in Dallas. The table has turned. The girlz will have an awful time trying to compete with us just from the mention of Shaun Taylor and Marcus Washington. Not to belittle Griff and his crew :cheers:

I just cant see it getting better than a come from behind win in the home of the team that 1) I hate the most and (2) A team that has owned us for the past few years. Not to mention: "The Pass". Sorry, that is as sweet as it gets, but damn that blowout was great! :D

The first one, and here are some reasons not yet mentioned:

1. The arrival of Santana Moss.

2. The arrival of Mark Brunell, Redskin QB.

3. The Sean Taylor hit on Patrick Crayton.

4. John Madden saying "A good offense is when you can make plays in this situation, a good defense is when you can stop those plays", followed immediately by Al Michaels saying, "From the 30, Brunell going deeeeep for Moss again HE MAKES THE CATCH AND SANTANA MOSS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!"

5. Dan Snyder jumping up and down in the owner's booth.

6. Jerry Jones running around on the sideline with that "what's-going-on-here" look slapped all over his Chevy Chase (20 points to whoever nails that movie reference).

7. The Gatorade bath, on the opposite sideline of the first coach ever to get the Gatorade bath.

8. The Cowboy mascot looking at his wrist after the first score, the implication being, "Nice TD, but no way you guys have enough time to come back."

9. Me, lying on the floor, staring up at the ceiling, screaming at the top of my lungs.

10. I still get teary-eyed whenever I hear "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve.

Yeah, tough choice all right..

I'm leaning toward the 14-13 win.....a "what was that?"-first-step-monkey-off-the-back-never-give-up-character-building... kind of win.....

and we hit on two early season goals...... beat Dallas and the big play(s).... all in one fell swoop..

BUT

The blow-out goes a long way toward establishing the "field of fear" we've been looking for since RFK...and....a rise-to-the-occasion-meaningful-division-rival-sweeping-playoff-implicating-in-December-win over Dallas!!!

geez...almost too much to consider :laugh:

I'll take 'em both :D

Their house!!!

Watching thier fans laughing and hollering how THEY were going to dominate us ONCE AGAIN..........and watching their faces fall will ever be in my mind.

Sunday..........they knew after the first four minutes they were going to lose ........... but grabbing victory from their hands in the last four minutes in September ......... is by far sweeter for me.

14-13.

Blondie

14-13 by far.

Ruining thier "homecoming" game was one to remember. All the looks of shock in the stands. The fact that it happened with 4 minutes left shortly after MNF played that stupid Texas song as they were coming back from break.

And of course, having Madden call the game while driving his Dallas bandwagon bus through the telecast was an added bonus since he seems to just love them when he calls them.

Archived