Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Cowboys Rocket out for season.

The Evil Genius

Guest Goatroper
An 8-8 team is 1 win away from the playoffs, and thus needed improvement is minimal.

A 5-11 team is 4 wins away from the playoff and improvement needed is immense.

This means if the "superior" team had defeated the "inferior" team twice, it would have been 10-6 and a playoff team. But you didn't so you weren't.

Difference here is we know when our team sucks; you don't know when your team sucks.

Beating the Redskins is not a measure of how good or how bad the Cowboys are, because Cowboys beat Redskins no matter how sorry or how good either team happens to be.

Cowboys beat Redskins because, well, that is what Cowboys do. Even in the hard times when the team really sucks. That is not something for us to be proud of, but it certainly is something you should be ashamed of.

Originally posted by SonnyJ

QC,

You know what else those three teams had in common?

They all had backup QBs no one thought much of.

Is that coincidence? The Skins have 3 of those guys. Now, no one thinks much of QC, but he's not the backup, is he?

Good and factual point SonnyJ.

But the DallasCowboys think much of Quincy Carter like the Ravens did of Dilfer, The Skins think of Weurfel etc, the Rams did of Warner etc. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!!!

Now let's see who gets the Job done!!!!!

Originally posted by ChrisFul

Apparently, it wasn't the hit Dat put on rocket that CAUSED the injury. The neck injury was evidently a pre-existing condition they discovered while undergoing examination for effects of the Dat hit.

ChrisFul -- run, don't walk, to the nearest law school. Your future awaits.

You've got the natural talent. Now seize your destiny.

"The neck injury was evidently a pre-existing condition they discovered while undergoing examination for effects of the [accident]."

Man, you could ride your whole career as a defense lawyer, just with that "explanation". :notworthy

Originally posted by Goatroper

This means if the "superior" team had defeated the "inferior" team twice, it would have been 10-6 and a playoff team. But you didn't so you weren't.

Difference here is we know when our team sucks; you don't know when your team sucks.

Beating the Redskins is not a measure of how good or how bad the Cowboys are, because Cowboys beat Redskins no matter how sorry or how good either team happens to be.

Cowboys beat Redskins because, well, that is what Cowboys do. Even in the hard times when the team really sucks. That is not something for us to be proud of, but it certainly is something you should be ashamed of.

hey cool down. Cowboy fans are not supposed to be logical!!!:D

Goat,

Are you serious? Are you ashamed when the doormat Skins beat the on the way to winning a Super Bowl Cowboys 2 times in 1994 (or was it 199?).

No, you were happy with the Super Bowl.

I have gone on record many times, I dont care if the Skins lose to the Cowboys another 9 times in a row. I would trade that for 8-8 records over 5-11 records any time.

Why?

Because at least I know that my team is in the playoff hunt, and if they reach the playoffs, anything can happen. With continuous 5-11 records, my team would be out of playoffs by week 10.

Originally posted by SkinsLegacy44

Gardner for Gurode?

Serious woody. Down boy. Dowwwwwnnnn.....

Seriously, except for a bit of salary cap impact, why wouldn't this trade make sense for both teams? Dallas is loaded with OL talent (or at least OL size), and we've got way too many good receivers.

In all due respect to Gardner (whom I'm warming to lately), we could go into this season with this lineup at WR:

Thompson

Doering

Green

McCants

Lockett

... and never notice Gardner's absence.

We would, however, notice Gurode's presence. In a big, big way.

Are you serious? Are you ashamed when the doormat Skins beat the on the way to winning a Super Bowl Cowboys 2 times in 1994 (or was it 199?).

It was 1995. Oddly, since Jerry Jones took over, the Cowboys have not won the Superbowl and swept the Skins in the same season. I'm not sure what that means, but there it is.

Flashback,

Man zipped himself up in a duffel bag? Cool ... gotta like that. Not sure how much it helps him beat the whole the "twinkie" thing, though. :)

Truth is, the only real problem I've had with Rocket lately has been Q whipping out the same picture over and over and over and over – you know, the one with Rocket skipping ever so daintily down the sidelines – and giggling about how he "showed us."

(I now see he's supplemented with a couple more Shining Moment Pics. Ouch, Q. Really. For what it's worth, flash, know that having Q carrying the banner does nothing positive for the collective impression we have of you silver & blue types around here. Trust me on this.)

The inevitable sanctimonious reaction from a couple of your brethren to our horsing around at Rocket's expense is also a bit tired. But for those who need it spelled out: yes, we understand injuries suck; yes, we understand the Cowboys will be hurt by this, just as we would be if we lost a projected contributing starter. We know all this in our heart of hearts. Okay? I'm sorry he's hurt. Sincerely. I have nothing against the kid.

I suspect the constant cacophony of Cowboy clamor for the last few months has just gotten a bit under the Skin around here. From what little I've seen to date, flash, you seem to be in a different class. Hell, anybody that uses that tag line is at least worth a look.

Even if he IS a Cowboy fan.

If you can eschew the "9inarow! 9inarow! 9inarow!" syndrome, I'll look forward to talking some ball with you.

Cowboykilla,

For the record, I don't care one tiny bit whether you like talking smack to Cowboy fans. I don't like teen-age boys talking about getting high and having some ho giving them blow jobs in their rides either, but, that doesn't seem to slow you. :).

The fact is, no matter what we do against the Cowboys, they are 10-22 the last two years, and we're not. The inferior team has beaten the superior team. Goat has it precisely right. Congrats. Made us feel good in 1996 when we swept the Super Bowl winning Cowboys too. Meaningless, to be sure, but, the fan of the inferior team often needs whatever feel-good they can find to cope.

Guest Goatroper

Evil,

So, I guess all the Super Bowls the Skins have won during the nine-game streak make it all worthwhile, hmmm.

Truth is, the Skins have been as far away from a real SB run as the Cowboys have in recent years. And if you cannot beat the sorriest team in your division, year in, year out, then you are not going to the big dance, compadre.

Your 8-8 means nothing this year. Likewise, our 5-11. Neither franchise is fielding the same team as last year. We don't know how either outfit will fare this year when the shooting starts in earnest.

Only thing we know for a certainty, amigo, is that the guys with the Stars on their helmets will whup the guys in the headgear with the picture of Injun Joe, or the spear or whatever the logo is this year.

It is the Snyder Curse.

Someone's bitter. Chill out. I don't hate on your habits, don't hate on mine. Don't take it personal with me. This is about football correct, not my personal life. That was Smoot21 who was talking about getting head in his Suburban anyways. Get your facts straight. Are you letting a little teenager get to you? I was just saying, we have no argument. They have owned us. No way of getting around it.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

ChrisFul -- run, don't walk, to the nearest law school. Your future awaits.

You've got the natural talent. Now seize your destiny.

"The neck injury was evidently a pre-existing condition they discovered while undergoing examination for effects of the [accident]."

Man, you could ride your whole career as a defense lawyer, just with that "explanation". :notworthy

Im not really sure if that was supposed to be a slam or what, but that's what the team doctors said, and repeated again at the press conference. Its a severely herniated disc in his upper neck.

I was just saying, we have no argument. They have owned us. No way of getting around it. [/b]

Not that I disagree with your point, but I do have to wonder why your tag is 'Cowboykilla' when you find trash-talking about the Cowboys so distasteful.

bulldog,

You said with the development of Gardener and another receiver of yours (forgot who), the Redskins can have the best group of receivers in the NFC East. Well, I can say the same thing for the Giants with their young receivers plus Toomer and Hilliard. Especially if we count Shockey as a WR which you can almost do.

Originally posted by ChrisFul

I'm not really sure if that was supposed to be a slam or what, but that's what the team doctors said, and repeated again at the press conference. Its a severely herniated disc in his upper neck.

Oh, it wasn't a slam, I was just having fun with your post:

"The neck injury was evidently a pre-existing condition they discovered while undergoing examination for effects of the hit."

If this came from Cowboy camp, looks like the front office is hoping to avoid a huge injury grievance lawsuit.

As I said, it's a brilliant piece of baloney legalese.

Man zipped himself up in a duffel bag?

Apparently. And the most surpising thing to me is he pulled his head inside and zipped it all the way up out in the middle (well, ok, on the sideline) of a practice field in broad daylight. A lesser man might have walked to a locker room, or sat in a car. And then poking your head out "Hey, what's up, Floyd? Can you believe this wind? Luckily, The Lord provided this duffel bag for me..."

Not sure how much it helps him beat the whole the "twinkie" thing, though.

How about this little anecdote: Rocket wears only shoulder pads and a helmet. No knee pads, thigh pads, hip pads, nothing on his elbows, even. In fact, he rips the lining out of the football pants to make them thinner and lighter. Doesn't want the extra weight slowing him down, apparently. It takes guts for a 180 lb man to go out there for 60 plays with no padding at all from the nipples down, does it not?

having Q carrying the banner does nothing positive for the collective impression we have of you silver & blue types around here.

Well, you won't catch me trying to rehab the image of Cowboys fans in this forum. Hell, I don't think Dick Morris and Ralph Reed, working together in an unprecedented collective of evil spin doctoring (well, maybe precedented by that whole Carville-Matalin thing - what the hell was that?) could change the dynamic between fans of these two storied franchises. I'm really enjoying watching the ins and outs of another team and its fans. I'm not interested in flame wars, but I'll talk a little smack now and then, if its funny. Plus, this bulletin board rocks. I had a very good friend, co-worker and handball opponent a couple of years back who was a big Redskins fan, but we've kind of lost touch, and I haven't had anybody to rag about the Skins this year.

And that 9inarow thing? Honestly it mystifies me. The Cowboys have won 28 games in the last 4 years, and 8 of them were against the Skins. We beat you with Aikman, Cunningham, Wright and Carter at QB. We've beaten Johnson, Frerotte, Green and Banks. We've won with Switzer, Gailey and now Campo (what a hall of fame lineup of coaches that is, huh?) We've beat you when you were 10-6 and division champs. We've beat you when both teams were 0-4. Monday nights, overtimes, opening days, you name it. Just remember, that if the streak is meaningless now, it'll be equally meaningless when it ends.

And the tag line? Saw it on a bumper sticker and nearly ran a red light. The irony still kills me.

this injury certainly hurts the cowboys WR position. With Rocket, Joey and Bryant/Rambo the cowboys would have been able to have a very good 3 WR set that would be tough to defend against. Now Bryant is on the rapid learning curve and perhaps can enjoy the same benefits as Gardner did in Washington last year by playing and gaining experience on the Job. This puts pressure on WRs Rambo and Swinton to have to step up into the 3rd and 4th spot and deliver.

I hope Jerry doesn't do a knee jerk reaction and goes and signs a veteran like freeman ( I wouldn't be to unhappy with Willie jackson though, but depends on the money, perhaps minimum would be just fine).

Injuries suck, but as every one says this is the NFL and injuries are part of it and you have to be a little lucky at times not to get injuries in thinner positions. I don't think this would hurt us as much as lets say the DB, FB or the TE positions nujuries so I hope they don't happen there.... At least this year we had better depth than any of the past few years.

to those who are laughing it up, and are happy about the injury...be careful injuries happen to every team and you may end up getting the same treatment from the same fans...

to those who have expressed sympathy of sorts, thanks... I do like to see both teams at full strength, so there are no excuses in the future but like mentioned, its Football and having depth that can play and contribute is part of the game....its not just about the starters, there are 53 that have to be counted on.

here is to hoping there are no more injuries to either camp

Originally posted by shawn

I hope Jerry doesn't do a knee jerk reaction and goes and signs a veteran like freeman ( I wouldn't be to unhappy with Willie jackson though, but depends on the money, perhaps minimum would be just fine).

Jackson might be a nice option for the Cowboys. There would be the small matter of the lawsuit by the Falcons, who currently employ Jackson, and maybe sanctions from the league, but otherwise -- sure, great fit.

Not that I disagree with your point, but I do have to wonder why your tag is 'Cowboykilla' when you find trash-talking about the Cowboys so distasteful.

I kill cowboy/philly fans. And I would kill any of their players if I ever saw them on the street too. I would snipe them right off the face of the earth.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Oh, it wasn't a slam, I was just having fun with your post:

"The neck injury was evidently a pre-existing condition they discovered while undergoing examination for effects of the hit."

If this came from Cowboy camp, looks like the front office is hoping to avoid a huge injury grievance lawsuit.

As I said, it's a brilliant piece of baloney legalese.

Oh, lol :laugh:

Archived