Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are 7-6 and...

-mando-

plenty of fans still arent satisfied, i have a problem with this, we are going into the final 3 games of the season WITH SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR other than pride and im LOVING it

this team is clearly making a turn for the better no matter how the rest of the season plays out, enjoy it, i know i am, because this is just the beginning:cheers:

:wewantd:

i definitely see how this team is getting better, and am encouraged when i think about the progress made from last year. however, when i think to next year, i can only wonder how we'll be able to fill our two glaring holes: a pass rush from the front four and a viable #2 receiver. i'm sure it's been discussed, but if eric moulds could come cheap, i'd love to give him a shot.

Last year through 13 games I believe were 4-9 or 5-8. This year we are 7-6 and could very well be 13-1. Five games Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Bucs got away from us. We should have won those games. Last year we had a offense that wasn't doing well. Rod Gardner dropped passes and L.C. still had a strong year for us. It was the first time for Brunell, Portis and the other Redskins offensive players playing in Gibbs's system. Plus Gibbs had to get back into the grove of coaching again after being away from 93-03. That's 11 seasons.

Fast forward to this year. We picked up the right free agents we needed and we had a pretty good draft. The offense has been together long enough now and have blended and the offense is better for it. Gibbs has gotten used to coaching again and has his feet under him. The Redskins are a better team for it. This proves we are going in the right direction. It will not be long until we are winners/contenders once again. Then we will be Champions of the World.

Well some folks aren't going to be satisfied no matter what I 'm very happy to see where they are right now simply because at the beginning of the year I had no idea where this team would be. They certainly moving in the right direction they need a few pieces here and there but it just give us Skins fans something to look to things look a lot more brighter then they have in the past.

All of these threads. All of these timid Redskins fans.

Time to dance with the one what brung ya.

Sure, this isn't the dominant team we'd all like. But we're playing a game the likes of which we haven't seen in years!

And I'm not a quitter. These guys aren't quitters!

It's time to start being a fan!

We're gonna roll those filthy, pukes...bring out the body bags!

And if I have to eat crow next week, so be it.

junglecrow8.jpg

I like mine with fava beans.

Last year through 13 games I believe were 4-9 or 5-8.

2004: 4-9

2003: 5-8

2002: 5-8

2001: 6-7

It's been five years since we had something to play for this late in the season. And it's only Year Two of the second Gibbs Era. Things could be a lot worse.

2004: 4-9

2003: 5-8

2002: 5-8

2001: 6-7

It's been five years since we had something to play for this late in the season. And it's only Year Two of the second Gibbs Era. Things could be a lot worse.

Last time I remember being 7-6 was in 2000. I believe somebody got mad and somebody got fired. And I believe somebody else had to rally the troops and play somebody down in Texas the next weekend.

And somebody lost miserably.

Thank God that era is over.

plenty of fans still arent satisfied, i have a problem with this, we are going into the final 3 games of the season WITH SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR other than pride and im LOVING it

this team is clearly making a turn for the better no matter how the rest of the season plays out, enjoy it, i know i am, because this is just the beginning:cheers:

I'm very happy that it is mid December and our games still mean something, been quite a while since that was the case.

However I wouldn't say that is something to be satisfied with.

I guess to be satisfied you'd have to admit to yourself that the Redskins are a lower echelon team in the NFL.

Outside of the 1999 season when the Skins won the division its been horrible since the 1992 season. It's been like a bad dream, I honestly never would have believed the Washington Redskins would have such a long stretch when they were so bad. I think only the Bengals and Cardinals have a worse record than the Skins over the past 13 years, again unbelievable.

I guess i'm more in denial than anything, I really just can't admit to myself that my beloved Washington Redskins are basically in the same class with Arizona Cardinals, Cinn. Bengals, and Detroit Lions of the world over the past decade or so.

Also, it would be easier for me to be satisfied if I didn't think more hard times were coming for this team.

We don't have a developed QB. Brunell has at best next year and thats it and who is here is really loving the idea of that? He's a done a decent job but next year is next year and he's not getting any younger.

Ramsey is more than likely gone which leaves us with developing Campbell, which means atleast 1 or 2 season of struggling.

We still need a pass rush and a #2 WR, things are anything but stable.

So when it comes to satisfied, i'll be satisfied when the Washington Redskins are the team I watched when I was a child. A team that everyone respected, a team that was always a playoff contender and a team that won two Super Bowls that I saw.

7-6 and still in the hunt is definatley better than what it has been, but in the end it is still just 7-6, rooting like hell for 10-6 but 7-6 could easily be 8-8 at the end of the season and I don't think anyone is going to be thrilled with that.

We're about where I thought we'd be going into the season but, given our start and the fact that we let 5 winnable games get away, I have to say I'm disappointed. It aggrivates me to be so close and yet so far. We could all but have a playoff spot wrapped up right now. How can you be satisfied? :(

Last year through 13 games I believe were 4-9 or 5-8. This year we are 7-6 and could very well be 13-1. Five games Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Bucs got away from us. We should have won those games. Last year we had a offense that wasn't doing well. Rod Gardner dropped passes and L.C. still had a strong year for us. It was the first time for Brunell, Portis and the other Redskins offensive players playing in Gibbs's system. Plus Gibbs had to get back into the grove of coaching again after being away from 93-03. That's 11 seasons.

Fast forward to this year. We picked up the right free agents we needed and we had a pretty good draft. The offense has been together long enough now and have blended and the offense is better for it. Gibbs has gotten used to coaching again and has his feet under him. The Redskins are a better team for it. This proves we are going in the right direction. It will not be long until we are winners/contenders once again. Then we will be Champions of the World.

If you look at the teams that we should have beaten, 4 of them have winning records. Not to mention we have wins vs teams with winning records. Last year, we played a cupcake schedule and finished 6-10. This team definitely has gotten better.

The Patrick Ramsey fan club will never be satisfied until he's starting. I like the guy too, but can't wait until he's gone just so all the nonsense will stop.

So you can't wait until we are left with an over aged near retirement QB and a rookie that hasn't played a regular season snap?

Hell i'd be thrilled with 8 -8 myself especially with our finishing schedule. 3 divisional games. Sure they say our schedule favors us to win out but when has divisional games in this division ever been easy, especially 3 in a row? 9 - 7 or 8 - 8 would make me real happy playoffs or not. As far as our QB situation i think Brunell should go after this yr. Give it to Jason next yr. Cant be no worse than its been and he has a yr of the Gibbs system in practices and on the sidelines watching and learning all year. Ortiz or whatever his name is for the bears is doing fine, not great but fine and look at the bears. Who is to say Campbell will be a bust if he doesnt get the chance to show what he can do. His preseason debuts this year didnt look terrible. He might be what this team needs along with a strong #2 reciever to back up moss and the pass game could become highly dangerous.

I don't agree with this idea that we lost all these games we should have won and we should be 12-1 or whatever.

The NFL is all about winning close games, the better teams win those type of games.

We've lost alot of our games late, but late is still part of the game, remember when we beat Dallas and our favorite thing to say was, "well the last 4 minutes of the game count too!"

Well that goes both ways guys, just because we lead for the entire game and lose in the last 5 minutes or so dosen't mean we automatically should have won.

If we are going to use that logic then I bet the Cowboys, Seahawks, and Cardinals are saying the same thing about the games they lost to us.

We beat the Cowboys in a way that is similar to how the Raiders and Chargers beat us, pretty much dominated the whole game and just blew it.

The Seahawks had a FG chance to beat us, im sure their fans think they should have won that game.

And lets face it, if it wasn't for that kick off return the Cardinals probably beat us, they out played us for nearly the entire game.

We are 7-6 because of our own faults, winning close games and holding on to late leads is a mark of a good team. So until we do it, we still have something to work on.

If we play our guts out and beat the cowboys and than lose the Giants having been emotionally drained from the cowboy win it does us no good. We must find a way to win 3 and then some...........more in January. :applause: :applause: :applause: :logo: :logo: :logo: :):):) theres only 1 way to ROCK. Rockin with the Skins on Sunday.

How can I be satisfied? It takes time to build a winner, and all of the guys on the team are saying they've got the winning formula, the coaches are saying they will provide stability, the trend is upwards....and, I'm a FAN!!! I'm gonna cheer them on no matter what. I'd cheer them on at 1-11, and I'll definitely cheer them on at 7-6. They're going up, they're working hard, and they're just going to get better. Be patient and cheer them on for crying out loud...

At the beginning of the season, there was a thread about people talking about what they would be satisfied with.... I'm going lookin' for that thing....

What the HELL is wrong with some people? This is the third "complacency" thread I have seen here today. Nothing like going into the biggest game IN THE HISTORY of Fed Ex Field saying "it's ok if we lose". What? Am I hearing these people correctly? Let me tell you something.....we have accomplished NOTHING up to this point except for earning the chance to host a big game in December. Is this exciting? Yea. Will we still have proved something if we don't win? Hell NO !!! There have been other Redskin teams in the past 10 yrs who were in playoff contention and WET THEMSELVES during the last qtr of the season. If we fall flat on our faces it proves nothing to everyone else except the fact that we are the "same ol Redskins". We might feel that things are different -- but that's not good enough. We have to PROVE that they are. This Sunday is our first chance to do it and it is CRUCIAL for this organization to shed the negativity and start to rebuild a tradition of winning big games. If you are happy with mediocrity -- that is EXACTLY what you are gonna get -- I thought maybe the past 13 yrs would have showed us that. No matter how.....we need to go out there and GET IT DONE !!!

-- Who is the model of success in today's NFL ? The Patriots. You know why they are so consistently good? Tell ya what.....try to get one of them to talk about how happy they are about their last win. They won't. They won't because they are NEVER HAPPY. They do not look back at what they have done and feel satisfied -- they look ahead to what is in front of them -- what they have to do. I know that we are not the ones playing this Sunday but (and maybe it is bc I still play) I just get so pissed when I see people content with ANYTHING when there are still games left to be played. Plain and simple....that is not how you get better.

:dallasuck :wewantd:

i never said we were gonna lose, hell, i said we would win out with 5 games left in one of those other threads and win the division and i hint at that with 'things are only gonna get better'...so please stop putting words into my mouth, this thread was meant to optomistic about the future of this season, the future of this franchise, it was the anti-we suck threads, anti-we are gonna get smoked threads, the anti-'insert name' sucks threads, get a grip people

the satisfaction is with right now, today, not sunday or after sunday or next sunday, or the sunday after that, its about right now and thats what i mean with the 'no matter how the rest of the season turns out' and sure we have lost close games, and of course im not happy with that but thats the game, but im happy with the direction we are going, people predicting us to go 4-12, 6-10 at the beginning of the season, there is one thing we have been all season and thats competitive and i expect that to continue

some of you have been reading too many negative things or something that its rotting your brain

Are you serious?

If we lose this week season over. That would be what, one game later then our season was over last year? That would just about fit with the past 10 years where our season has concluded quite prematurely.

If we lose the last 3 games of the season then what? We are just one game better then last year. Sure, you can call that improvement, but I look for a 2-3 game swing, not just one.

We beat Dallas this week, improve upon last season by 2 games and have playoff hopes with only 2 games remaining... I'll start to get a little happy. We lose, and it's same old same old for me... :( (winning a meaningless game in Philly won't make up for it either)

Archived