Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach must know something I don't.

TradeTheBeal!

Some Redskin fans seem to be in an abusive relationship with Brunell. He does something awful but a few hours after its happened you try to justify it and switch it all around.

:laugh: Exactly right!

I said it before and I'll say it again, a valid email address is required to join this site. Objectivity isn't.

If it was Ramsey making those exact same throws under the exact same circumstances it would ALL be his fault.

Well, I suppose the good news is, if he was going to stink, best do it against the Cards.

In an immediate sense it is. But what worries me is how do we take performances like we've seen against the likes of the Rams and Cardinals (or Raiders for that matter) and turn it into a winning equation against the Pukes and the Gnats? Yesterday was certainly not a fluke.

Brunell is obviously not capable of taking the team on his shoulders and winning games anymore. The whole play calling scheme and game plan are designed to disguise and compensate for Brunell's obvious weakness. We're trying to compensate for Brunell even more than the Bears are trying to compensate for Kyle Orton. We beat St. Louis and Arizona because they can't shut down the run even when they know its coming. What happens when we play a team that can shut down the run?

I know one thing about Gibbs. He watches the game. Is it possible that Brunell threw the ball precisely where it was supposed to be thrown and the receivers didn't run the correct patterns? And the tipped Cooley pass was NOT poorly thrown. It hit Cooley in a bad place, right in the hands. No excuse for dropping the ball though Cooley had another good game overall. Until we get some real wideouts to go with Moss, the passing game is going to be a problem area no matter who the QB is.

Brunell is almost the level that he was last year. When you watch the game there are a couple of things you can count on from our offense. Run right twice in a row and pass to either Cooley or Moss on 3rd down.

I really hope not. His arm looks better than last season, but not as good as early in the year.

His choice not to throw to his downfield options at all really says a lot. If Dallas is going to put 8 or 9 in the box against the skins next week because the offense does not keep safties and linebackers honest, the game will be over before it starts. The ball is going to have to travel more than 10 yards in the air.

In an immediate sense it is. But what worries me is how do we take performances like we've seen against the likes of the Rams and Cardinals (or Raiders for that matter) and turn it into a winning equation against the Pukes and the Gnats? Yesterday was certainly not a fluke.

Brunell is obviously not capable of taking the team on his shoulders and winning games anymore. The whole play calling scheme and game plan are designed to disguise and compensate for Brunell's obvious weakness. We're trying to compensate for Brunell even more than the Bears are trying to compensate for Kyle Orton. We beat St. Louis and Arizona because they can't shut down the run even when they know its coming. What happens when we play a team that can shut down the run?

Well stated. (Hey same birthday, BTW. 10/16 Woowoo)

It's unquestionable that Gibbs knows more about football then any of us... But a couple of things about playing Ramsey: 1- he has not played this season save a few downs so he is cold. 2- Gibbs has written Ramsey off and will only play him if Brunell is injured. I would call the type of ball Brunell is playing now 'lame duck' ball but I guess technically he is not injured.

Does Brunell know how to step up in the pocket rather that back pedal out of it?

The pass to Cooley was high and out of reach, if he'd caught it it would have been a great catch.

The redzone pass to Cooley, regardless of the pattern, there were two guys there, if the first guy didn't make the interception, the second guy would have.

The other Int was just plain pathetic.

Brunell panics in the pocket way worse than Ramsey ever did (back pedalling instead of stepping up). He won't throw into tight coverage and refuse to let one fly every once in awhile just to keep the safeties honest.

Plus, on a scheme note. Do we have to MAX protect on every third and long. More often than not I see us with like 8 guys blocking four, meaning two guys trying to get open being covered by 7. Geez Gibbs, send some guys out to catch a pass every once in awhile. The other teams know we MAX protect on 3rd down and rarely blitz.

Anyway, my point is this. I've has enough with the Brunell experiment. We wont win with him any more than we will lose with Ramsey, or even Campbell.

uggh! :doh:

not ramsey. definitely not time for ramsey - especially in a game like that.

I agree, not Ramsey! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly some fans want to yank Mark. In my opinion, Mark Brunell is why we are still in playoff contention and is responsible for most of the good things that have happened to our team.

I agree, not Ramsey! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly some fans want to yank Mark. In my opinion, Mark Brunell is why we are still in playoff contention and is responsible for most of the good things that have happened to our team.

Exactly! Where is this hatred coming from? Brunell has proven that he can make the throws/decisions to win. You don't yank him because he had a bad half (with tipped balls) with 5 INTS before that point.

Help me to understand your random hatred.

I know one thing about Gibbs. He watches the game. Is it possible that Brunell threw the ball precisely where it was supposed to be thrown and the receivers didn't run the correct patterns? And the tipped Cooley pass was NOT poorly thrown. It hit Cooley in a bad place, right in the hands. No excuse for dropping the ball though Cooley had another good game overall. Until we get some real wideouts to go with Moss, the passing game is going to be a problem area no matter who the QB is.

Look, Art, I'd say Cooley should have caught the ball, but he did only manage to get one hand on it. A slightly better thrown ball would've been desired. And how do we know it was the receivers that ran wrong and Brunell threw right on the other two? Face it, Brunell IS wearing down...it's a long season. And in the second half he didn't ONCE try to throw it long, and very RARELY did he ever look at another receiver that wasn't #89. Look, I like MB, but his mistakes are the very SAME reason Ramsey was benched...because Gibbs doesn't want mistakes in the Red Zone. There IS a double standard, and Gibbs does NOT like PR...Don't worry, he's gone somewhere else next year.

Brunell actually hasn't looked too good the last 4 or 5 games to be honest. Playcalling? Or is he starting to wear down? He at times too frequently looks like he did last year, which is not good.

Let's just hope he can revitalize himself for the stretch run...

Not Ramsey, we need to keep him healthy as trade bait for next season prior to the draft.....Brunell has proven his leadership , bad game or not, I think @ this point you stick with the horse you rode.....I hope he brushes this off and is fully prepared to kick some cowboy hide next week.......I still am fearful of conservative Joe Gibbs....the Tuna will be waiting...but then so will taylor....I hope sean sticks it to em:wewantd:

I agree, not Ramsey! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly some fans want to yank Mark.

I don't think its a matter of how "quickly". Just like the first 9 weeks of last season, the offense is sputtering. Our passing game has become almost non-existent. The defense gives us 3 turnovers early and we barely eek out a win over the Cardinals.

In my opinion, Mark Brunell is why we are still in playoff contention and is responsible for most of the good things that have happened to our team.

Granted, the first 7 weeks of the season were almost like a dream. With a 4-2 record Mark pretty much was the king of DC. However, since the Giant game I don't believe that anyone can say that he's been that effective. (Okay, I'll give him credit for the Eagles and Tampa games)

- He has "one" 300 yard passing day this season. (Denver)

- His only other outing in which he passed for more than 260 yards came against Dallas. (pretty much the result of 2 plays)

With the running game that we have and defenses consistently commiting to stopping it our passing game should flourish. Problem with that is that our QB only has eyes for the quick hitters. We won't or can't go down field. Exactly the same problems we had last season. How did we solve it? Changed the QB.

At this point, why not Ramsey?

I don't think its a matter of how "quickly". Just like the first 9 weeks of last season, the offense is sputtering. Our passing game has become almost non-existent. The defense gives us 3 turnovers early and we barely eek out a win over the Cardinals.

Granted, the first 7 weeks of the season were almost like a dream. With a 4-2 record Mark pretty much was the king of DC. However, since the Giant game I don't believe that anyone can say that he's been that effective. (Okay, I'll give him credit for the Eagles and Tampa games)

- He has "one" 300 yard passing day this season. (Denver)

- His only other outing in which he passed for more than 260 yards came against Dallas. (pretty much the result of 2 plays)

With the running game that we have and defenses consistently commiting to stopping it our passing game should flourish. Problem with that is that our QB only has eyes for the quick hitters. We won't or can't go down field. Exactly the same problems we had last season. How did we solve it? Changed the QB.

At this point, why not Ramsey?

I agree that at this point in time Mark is not playing like he did for the first 9 or 10 weeks of the season. Mark however provides leadership and makes good things happen that Patrick just can't do. I like Patrick a great deal as a person but I do not want to see him on the field as a Redskin ever again. Patrick just does not make good things happen and if Coach Gibbs doesn't want him to play, then that tells me something. He watches them both in practice every day and has decided that Mark provides us with the best opportunity to win. That's good enough for me.

I truly believe that Gibbs' return to our beloved Skins was done for one main purpose - to save the team/franchise/organization from Dan Snyder. Seriously, I think that's the Gibbs priority - to neutralize the man who's done more to destroy this team than anything the Cowboys, Eagles, or the men in striped shirts have ever done.

Of course he wants to win, but once the football competence is returned to the managment side of things, Gibbs walks away from the sidelines, focuses on his presidential duties, and brings back Charlie Casserly to serve as VP of Football Operations/GM.

And he surely does! I would have benched Brunell at halftime and brought in Ramsey. I can only assume that, in between throwing chairs, Gibbs decided that only by running the ball without apology could we win. Apparently, Ramsey is not the second coming of Rypien..because if he was he would have played in the second half today! We play defense, run the football, and have a GREAT WR! It is Dallas week!! HAIL!!

Thats why you aren't the coach. I would have been mad if he put Ramsey in. Everybody has a bad game or half. Mark Brunell is part of the reason we are 7-6 also he is part of the reason we arent 9-4 or better.

Archived