Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense 2006

Taylor 21

Is it just me or does anybody else have a gut feeling that our Defense next year will be dominant? I mean check this out.

CBs- Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers

DBs- Sean Taylor and either Ryan Clark or Pierson Proleou( SP )

LBs- Lavar Arrington (MAYBE), Lamar Marshall, Marcus Washington

DE and DT- Griffen and Salv'ea(SP) are the 2 i see will stay, if we could just pick up a great End i think we will be set in that area.

That lineup looks great dont you think? The only way that will work is if we make a commitment to signing or trading for a passrusher or possibly drafting one.

All in all i think our Defensive back field is gonna scare the hell out of opposing QB's.

Looks like the same D we have this year - the only potential difference will be if we can get a quality pass rusher. And Springs will be one year older - he's gonna start showing his age soon, if he hasn't already.

Springs will be one year older, but so will S.T and Rogers. I say we gain more than is lost.

If Williams stays, and we can add a speed rusher this is going to be a damn good D

And this defense doesn't need a guy like Freeney, there are guys out there who can be that D-end we are looking for

Somehow we need to replace the loss of Brandon Noble from this year also. He was a key cog to the machiene last year, so we need to add some real solid depth this year, and I would say at the LB spot also

I like our secondary going into next year a lot

The secondary should be amongst the best in the NFL with a polished Rogers as our #2 CB. We should pick up one momre CB for depth.

LBs are solid... DTs are great but we need one more guy for depth and most importantly we need 2 new DEs. One rookie and one FA signing. Tapp and Kampman would be my choices if possible.

If we get this then I see our defense being top 3 in the NFL.

Looks like the same D we have this year - the only potential difference will be if we can get a quality pass rusher. And Springs will be one year older - he's gonna start showing his age soon, if he hasn't already.

yes it does look like the D this year, but next year they'll have more chemistry because they will go through training camp and practices together, this year is probably the first time they all have been on the field together, thats why its not click as of yet

Is anyone likely to be a free agent that would suite our needs on the ends. I remember when we had mann and manly the best ends in the game on the same team we need to get that back again, but I do think that next year will be our year...colts seem unbeatable this year...but if when we make the playoffs this year a lot of prints reporters are gunna have to eat their words with regard to coach gibbs, after what was said at the end of last season...go skins

Well what happens if Gregg Williams is gone? Then who takes over? Greg Blache? If that happens, I will be a bit worried about our team next year.

If GW leaves, this D is screwed. I dont forsee him going anywhere but if he did leave, and the D had to learn another system :doh: It would be bad..to say the least

Is it just me or does anybody else have a gut feeling that our Defense next year will be dominant? I mean check this out.

CBs- Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers

DBs- Sean Taylor and either Ryan Clark or Pierson Proleou( SP )

LBs- Lavar Arrington (MAYBE), Lamar Marshall, Marcus Washington

DE and DT- Griffen and Salv'ea(SP) are the 2 i see will stay, if we could just pick up a great End i think we will be set in that area.

That lineup looks great dont you think? The only way that will work is if we make a commitment to signing or trading for a passrusher or possibly drafting one.

All in all i think our Defensive back field is gonna scare the hell out of opposing QB's.

This is the problem with projecting. at some point everybody gets injured or age hits them. you need to come to the realization that Springs is injured every single year. Springs is also getting older which means he's gonna get injured even more or slower.

There are many a skins fan who think that Springs is a lockdown corneback but the fact is he hasn't even been in the pro bowl for a good number of years. Next year he is going to be a year older. The Redskins are really going to need another cornerback next year becauze SHawn Springs will be the guy they pick on. he could be good next year but don't prject him as great. He's not even great THIS year. He plays off 10 yards many times so he doens

t get beat deep and thats one reason the Skins give up so many 3rd down passes after stopping them on 1st and 2nd down runs.

Lavar needs to take a pay cut. I don't think he will but to be honest he isn't worth it. There are some much better defensive players in the league right now making 1/2 what Lavar brings in.

But yeah, if we could free up some cash and sign a good DE the D would be great. Need more depth but overall its a pretty decent defense.

if the front office and coach gibbs have their heads on straight come draft day, there will be atleast one or two quality DE's left on the table for us. I also hope they go into the free agency period with signing a quality pass rushing DE and possibly a decent # 2 reciever. We dont need a TO reciever, just someone who can run routes and is a sure handed ball cather. Someone who has some experience under their belts.... If we get a DE in the draft and a free agent or two, i see the 2006 redskins almost unbeatable! :point2sky

Archived