Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense 2006

Taylor 21

I say we draft a DE and try and sign Robert Mathis, he's a great pass rusher and I don't see him having a huge contract like Freeney would if we were to try and snag him

I would be happy with him, Arron Kampman, Darren Howard, or Kyle Van Den Bosch. Just someone who can get some freakin pressure on the QB!

This is the problem with projecting. at some point everybody gets injured or age hits them. you need to come to the realization that Springs is injured every single year. Springs is also getting older which means he's gonna get injured even more or slower.

There are many a skins fan who think that Springs is a lockdown corneback but the fact is he hasn't even been in the pro bowl for a good number of years. Next year he is going to be a year older. The Redskins are really going to need another cornerback next year becauze SHawn Springs will be the guy they pick on. he could be good next year but don't prject him as great. He's not even great THIS year. He plays off 10 yards many times so he doens

t get beat deep and thats one reason the Skins give up so many 3rd down passes after stopping them on 1st and 2nd down runs.

Hardly any of the third down passes have come springs way.

Archived