Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King likes Skins in the playoffs?!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/08/pickoff.week.14/index.html

Washington (6-6) at Arizona (4-8)

If I had any guts, I would have picked the Redskins to be the sixth seed in the NFC playoffs in Monday Morning Quarterback this week. They've got a heck of a shot if they win out -- or even go 3-1 down the stretch.

Washington 27, Arizona 10

Hmm, weird getting a thought like that, from a guy like that. And he's right. If Skins go 3-1 down the stretch assuming that loss is not to Dallas they need the following to get the 6th seed.

Dallas to lose one to KC, Car, or St.louis

Atlanta to lose two to NO, Chi, TB, or Car

Minnesota to lose two to St.louis, Pitt, Balt, or Chi

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/08/pickoff.week.14/index.html

Washington (6-6) at Arizona (4-8)

If I had any guts, I would have picked the Redskins to be the sixth seed in the NFC playoffs in Monday Morning Quarterback this week. They've got a heck of a shot if they win out -- or even go 3-1 down the stretch.

Washington 27, Arizona 10

Hmm, weird getting a thought like that, from a guy like that. And he's right. If Skins go 3-1 down the stretch assuming that loss is not to Dallas they need the following to get the 6th seed.

Dallas to lose one to KC, Car, or St.louis

Atlanta to lose two to NO, Chi, TB, or Car

Minnesota to lose two to St.louis, Pitt, Balt, or Chi

Just seems to me that fat a$$ is finally seeing the light. I think that the Skins have the most legitamate shot of making the playoffs that any of the other 3 teams. I mean, look at the schedules of those teams, it can be done.

He's right

If we win out, we could get a wildcard and if the Giants lose another game to someone besides us, we win the NFC East altogether

But I'm with project myu on this one, he probally jinxed us :doh:

In fact, the fat :moon: probally did it intentionally

If he had any guts, Art Monk would be in the HOF, much less picking the the Skins to be in the playoffs. An interesting choice of words to say the least. Though having him say something like that can give one a case of heebie jeebies.

I didn't realize how easy our schedule is compared to those other 3 teams in the hunt for the NFC I LIKE OUR ODDS, AND I DONT BELIEVE IN JINXES.

WELL SAID!!!! Jinxes don't exist! If every mediot was on our nuts then we would be screaming, "FINALLY WE ARE GETTING SOME RESPECT!!!" Now that it is one or two mediots saying that the Redskins have a legitamate shot, it all about the jinx.

IF we don't make it, it wasn't because of a jinx. If it was anything it was the players not leaving EVERTHING out on the field.

if we go 3-1 and that loss doesnt come at Dallas, then we still might actually make the playoffs. cause i can see Dallas losing to Carolina or KC. I can also see Atl losing to 2 of Chi Tam or Car. However if we go 3-1 its the VIKINGS im worried about. Steelers and Chicago will be the only two treats for them and what if Chicago is benching starters for the playoffs by then!? I think we need to root against Chicago for the next game so theyll be having something to play for against Min. However, if we can win out then it wont matter as much.

he's just covering all bases......

if he had any guts, he wouldn't write.... "if I had any guts"

or he could be trying to jinx us

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Agree. Most of the time when someone says something like "I'm just trying to be honest" or "I wouldn't lie" then their not honest and they are lieing or at least quibbling. Like on the Abilene Paradox By Dr Jerry B. Harvey. I'm going one way but my intent is really to go another. Yeah, I'll be convinced when he shows up at the game with a Redskin jersey on, any number will do but lets just say #1 with J.Gibbs inscribed on the back.

First of all, he didn't have guts. Second, it doesn't take a lot of insight to figure this one out given that if you pencil out the mathematical possibilities, we ironically control our own destiny despite trailing two teams in our division. Third, he's been around long enough to know you never underestimate Joe Gibbs late in the year.

First of all, he didn't have guts. Second, it doesn't take a lot of insight to figure this one out given that if you pencil out the mathematical possibilities, we ironically control our own destiny despite trailing two teams in our division. Third, he's been around long enough to know you never underestimate Joe Gibbs late in the year.

EXACTLY!!! All the Skins need to do is win out and we are in NUFF SAID!!! Plus, Miss Queen said IF I HAD THE GUTS, meaning he is yellow and is not saying the Skins are gonna do it.

No he is very good at predictions!! He predicted 3 years ago that Joe would possibly return

He also predicted Spurriors last year!!:2cents:

He also predicted that Danny Wuerffel would go to the Pro Bowl 3 years ago and that we'd regret drafting Fred Smoot . . .

Peter King epitomizes the wisdom in the saying that, "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and they all stink."

Califan007

The Playmaker

Who to root for this week:

Redskins

Rams

Steelers

Panthers

Eagles

49ers

Chiefs

Saints

Member: 20629

:

:

Hey why are we rooting for the steelers?

Archived