Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

favorite superbowl win...

mcarey032

All 3 of them. John bouncing to the outside and heading to daylight. Joey T. before that with the heads up play in the endzone that may have saved the game. 2nd qtr. Nuff said. Rypien winning the mvp and the defensive secondary making the Bills' recievers hear footsteps.

I loved watching the redskins against the dolphins though. When the diesel ran up the left side on 4th and 2. What a great sight to see him hit that endzone! I remember my dad and I went crazy! The next year I was too sad because the Raiders beat us. Till this day I just can't believe that we tanked that bad. I was glad that Joe Gibbs got us that second super bowl in SD. What a game that was! Super Bowl XVII is my choice overall just because we beat Dallas in the NFC championship game.

I can't decide....that's like asking which kid you love the best......I love all of 'em, in their own special ways....

I also like the fact that the Iggles can't have this discussion on any of their boards..... :laugh:

Hey, be careful. They have a long string of dominance in the NFC East and really the whole conference! They might get another... uh... this year....

never mind.

In 82' at SuperBowl XVII was cool because it was our first one. SuperBowl XXVI was cool too. But I'd have to say SuperBowl XXII was the greatest and sweetest of all. 42-10. We came from behind to win that game. Not only that, but we also scored 35 points in the second quarter. Doug Williams threw for over 300 yards. Timmy Smith ran for 204 yards and Denver's defense was matchless against us.

It felt great to take that trip down memory lane!!!

Superbowl XXVI over the Bills.

It was the most recent and IMO, the best team Gibbs ever coached. His second best team, IMO, the 83 squad, was an explosive team that unfortunately, will never get its due as a result of the humiliating loss to the Raiders.

SuperBowl XXII. I'll never forget that second quarter as long as I live. Unbelievable!!! SuperBowl XXVI was also a good one because that gave me bragging rights over everybody in school.

To piggyback on that, I was in college at the time and I went to school with a LOT of New Yawkers who complained about all the media coverage the Redskins receive locally. In the week leading up to the game, they all dumped on me and trashed me. The day after that game, I didn't say a word. I just walked in that class with a big smile and smug look on my face. It was sweet. I remember screaming myself to exhaustion in that second quarter. I'll never forget it!

Denver Game: I was in Turkey and the only Redskins fan in the barracks. There were 40 people in the Dayroom watching the game at 3am in the morning. I basically got ran out of there by the end of the 1st quarter and was watching them act the fool (Military Police). By the start of Halftime I had the room to myself and it was quiet as a churchmouse....

what a good game...

I would agree that the superbowl against the broncos was the best, and i believe that dave butts won it when he sacked the QB just before the end of the first quarter, had the score at been 17- 00 at quarter time the game could have been very different, also must praise timmy smith for a a great running game.

denver 10 skins 42 ,ill never forget the announcer saying at the end of the first quarter"no team has ever come back from a 10 point deficit to win the superbowl"

I'd have to agree, especially since we were what something like 14 point underdogs.

Archived