Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

favorite superbowl win...

mcarey032

For those of you who are old enough to remember, what is your favorite super bowl win? I would have to say that even though I was 7, it would have to be super bowl XVII. The others weren't bad, but what greater revenge than to beat the team that beat us in the super bowl back in the 70's. What do you all think?

denver 10 skins 42 ,ill never forget the announcer saying at the end of the first quarter"no team has ever come back from a 10 point deficit to win the superbowl"

I have to agree. I had just been stationed at Ft Campbell and a guy I was stationed with was a Bronc fan. I remember the Skins were slow starters that year and I told him when the 2nd quarter started to sit back and watch the show. The rest is history.

Guest sith lord

SuperBowl XXII. I'll never forget that second quarter as long as I live. Unbelievable!!! SuperBowl XXVI was also a good one because that gave me bragging rights over everybody in school.

I have to agree. I had just been stationed at Ft Campbell and a guy I was stationed with was a Bronc fan. I remember the Skins were slow starters that year and I told him when the 2nd quarter started to sit back and watch the show. The rest is history.

I also agree.

I was at a SuperBowl party where I was the only Skin's fan there. I took a lot of crap during the 1st quarter. By halftime everybody was sick of me singing HTTR.

So hard to choose..

I like the XXVI win because I was a senior in High School, that team was a well oiled machine and was fun to watch. Where as XVII was exciting, looking back on it I don't think I fully realized how good of a game it was, being so young and all. Then there's XXII, THE greatest quarter in SB history. But my favorite Redskins SB win will be XL. :D

denver 10 skins 42 ,ill never forget the announcer saying at the end of the first quarter"no team has ever come back from a 10 point deficit to win the superbowl"

Ditto. That game was full of broken records. I think Timmy Smith still holds the rushing record for the SB from that game. This is one game that no Redskins fan will ever forget.

I would have to say that Super Bowl XVII was the best for me mainly because I was actually at the game. I remember it like it was yesterday and the sight of the Rose Bowl filled to capacity really is unreal. Super bowl XXII was great because of the 2nd quarter and Super Bowl XXVI was great because the Skins finished off a truely great season, but actually seeing the Redskins win their first Super Bowl will always remain the best. Another reason why it is the best for me is because my father had also gone to Super Bowl VII & it was pure joy for me to see him there in the Rose Bowl watching the Skins beat the very same Dolphins 10 years later. The picture I have of my father, mother, little brother, and myself standing in front of the "Rose Bowl" lettering on outside of the stadium is one of my most treasured photos...... that and the one of my dad after the game in front of the scoreboard as it read Wash-27 Miami-17.

XXII, no contest. I know that others remember all the spew from the media beforehand about how the poor Skins were going to get romped n stomped by the "stellar John Elway show, also appearing, the rest of the Denver Broncos". <snort> Even the announcers were running on in the 1st about ole horseface, yadda yadda yadda...... You could hear the collective crash of jaws dropping in the 2nd quarter once Doug Williams hit his stride. The Skins have been in five, and it's hard to mourn the first one 'cuz Miami just wasn't to be denied that year. The abyss of the Raider debacle still rankles and I may never get over that one, but when you rank them, XXII just stands head and shoulders above the rest.

I have two of them the first one Broncos/Skins 42-10 they were heavy underdogs in the game I think they were like 11, 12 point dog in the game. Every one was saying there is no way The Skins could beat the Broncos they had the #1 offense a very good defense. The second one Bills/ Skins all week the Bills were talking trash they were saying there is no way Mark Rypien is going to have a good game against them. I forgot what one of the coaches said about our OL but it wasn't very flattering.

204 yards, funny thing is he never (befor or after that) did anything else

Unfortunately he did recently - http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSports/story?id=1174296.

But as for the positive note of the thread, XXII is my favorite for similar reasons already mentioned. There's nothing better than coming from behind like that, as the underdog. XXVI was the most relaxed SB I could imagine, where I was extremely confident of a win. For XXII I was confident, and then to come from behind with the greatest quarter in SB history... just awesome.

XVII, I was pretty young, but that was great too (what Redskins SB win wouldn't be?).

XVII.....it was the first SB championship and a great game to boot. The other SB wins were sweet and showed Redskin domination, but they were basically over by halftime, and didn't have the drama of plays like Theismann swiping the ball from Kim Bokamper's grasp that would've been a huge Dolphin TD and of course Riggo on 4th and 1.

I'm too young to remember the first one, and from NFL Films it must've been a great game. But that 1st half against the Broncos was unbelievable. According to the media, we had no business even being on the same field, and I almost thought they were right at end of the 1st quarter. But that second quarter was the most fun I've ever had watching a football game, and it happened to be in the Super Bowl for everyone to see. The win against the Bills was great to. I loved it when we came out and went no-huddle, which was supposed to be the Bills specialty, and we just moved the ball at will against them. Art Monk finally showed his stuff at a Super Bowl, Brad Edwards just hammered Bills' wr's all over the field, Ernest Byner finally got his redemption for The Fumble, and we went in and beat the unquestioned 2nd best team in the league to prove how good we were in front of a national audience.

XXII - for all the great reasons already said. Although I think my most favorite SB win might be the next SB that the Skins are able to win. I look forward to sharing that with my boys and maybe even attend the game? What a great and proud history - Now its time to make some more! GO SKINS! :logo:

I forgot what one of the coaches said about our OL but it wasn't very flattering.

Funny, I'd totally forgotten about that. That was one of the big story-lines of the week. One of their coaches (I guess a defensive coach) had a photo of the Skins O-linemen, and went down the line and said all sorts of crap about them. Things like, "Lachey dances around in a tu-tu" and "Jacoby is ugly." (No comment on whether or not the second one was valid.) I'm not sure how it got out of the locker-room and into the press, but it was a pretty stupid move.

I'll always have to go with the first super bowl win; it was pretty amazing and something I never expected to happen. It just doesn't get better than beating Dallas in the NFC Championship, and following that up with a come-from-behind win against Miami for me.

Archived