Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to get a new Kicker?

JoeKnowsBest

Hall isn't healthy which is why I don't understand why he is kicking for us at this point in the season. Anything outside of 40 and I get nervous because I can see he is not the same as he was with the Jets and early years with us, however, I'd still take him over Brett Conway.

While we are on the topic of kickers, why do people think Sebastian Janikowski is a good kicker? Yeah so he can boom the ball 60 yards but what good does that do when he has terrible accuracy. I think ever Raider game I watch he blows a kick.

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. Sometimes it seems like Janekowski coldn't hit the broad sid of a barn. At least Hall is 10 times more accurate. Or I at least hope. That injury has me terribly concerned. I don't know if he's recovered from it or if he ever will. Keep in mind this is the same injury he had last season.

That is why I ask the question if we should be looking to sign a kicker in the offseason?

I wish I could get through to you all that John Hall is an excellent kicker. I can't believe how quickly people get impatient with some guys and want to replace them. He isn't only a good kicker but a great one. By the way, the 45 yarder he kicked today may have missed left, but it looked like he put an extra 10-15 yards on it. His leg looked stronger today on kickoffs too. I can't wait until he comes around and the Hall-haters forget about Nick Novak. The best kickers are already taken. They aren't just waiting around for a good team to be on. Oh by the way, Hall is one of the good kickers that are taken.
I understand your point, but if hes so great tell me how many people in general would pick him up first on their fantasy team? :silly:

You want to slam a Kicker: It ain't John Hall.

Look at the punter.. 29th going into this week edit: went up a skosh :) .. but to see a 31yd punt? (I can kick it 31 yds...)

Barker (cough) 60/61 and a 47yder from the back of the endzone out of bound no return...

last week he was short on a 52 yard field goal to win a game...... all NFL kickers should at least be able to have the distance on a 52-yarder.

yesterday he missed a 45-yarder in a dome and kicked the ball out of bounds on a kickoff...

and please don't tell me that he's hurt... if he's so hurt, they should have placed him on IR and kept Novak or signed someone else.

I think it's time to look into getting a new kicker. My problem with Hall is his durability. How many games did he miss this season? How about last season when he got hurt? He stays injured too much and all he does is kick. It's not like he took a solid hit from someone and got injured. He strains or pulls something just from kicking. We don't need a kicker who gets on the injured list for half the season each year. He's a h3ll of a kicker, but he can't stay healthy. Just my opinion.

If we continue to play ball controll conservative offense then drafting a kicker and adding a good punter wouldn't be a bad idea. We don't have the special teams to play this kind of football. We lose the field position battle because Frost is a bum and Hall can be pretty good but the guy is injured all the time so it doesn't matter that he's good because he isn't playing.

field goals are barely even getting over the cross bar when he makes them. Case in point was that 30 yarder or what ever it was today after that 15 yard penalty pushed us back before the half. It just barely got over the cross bar by a matter of inches.

Um his field goal hit the back net pretty high.. You don't just make it over the cross bar and have that happen. Sorry, that kick had plenty of leg, not sure what your looking it..

Novak isn't better then Hall period. Not sure why some of you have a love affair with the guy that gets kicks blocked..

How many kicks has John Hall had blocked this year? It's not the line or blocking it's the kicker

I understand your point, but if hes so great tell me how many people in general would pick him up first on their fantasy team? :silly:

Listen I don't even know what you are talking about. I am a Redskins fan. I'm not a "fantasy football" fan whatever the heck that is. Don't even tell me, I'm proud that I DONT know.

I think it's time to look into getting a new kicker. My problem with Hall is his durability. How many games did he miss this season? How about last season when he got hurt? He stays injured too much and all he does is kick. It's not like he took a solid hit from someone and got injured. He strains or pulls something just from kicking. We don't need a kicker who gets on the injured list for half the season each year. He's a h3ll of a kicker, but he can't stay healthy. Just my opinion.

last year was the first year Hall was ever injured. if i'm not mistaken he got the same injury again this year then the redskins made a mistake by releasing Novak too soon forcing Hall to come back and play below 100%.

hall is a great kicker when he's healthy which he will be next year. novak was a great replacement (and if anyone remembers that 52+ yard field goal against Denver in THAT weather and that pressure that he made and you still say he's a bad kicker you're an idiot even though a flag called it back)

how come other rookies receive get out of jail free cards when they screw up? isn't a kicker allowed to learn the speed of the game and how to get his kicks up before the D-line can block them?

i personally think Novak would have made every kick hall has missed recently, simply because he's healthy and hall isn't.

Yes he is, and he will be facing the Skins next week. He was 3 for 3 today filling in for the regular Cardinals kicker, Neil Rackers. If I was Novak, I would be pissed and would not miss a kick next Sunday. I say we sign Novak again in the next few weeks when they let him go. Rackers is out 2 more weeks I think?? Novak can't possibly win that job as Rackers has made 33-34 FGs, 6-6 on 50+ this year.

if you were novak, and the cardinals, you should be hoping for an opportunity to kick at all next week. other than to start the half of course.

John Hall is clearly not 100% yet. I'm frustrated as much as the next guy, but if he gets healthy, which it looks like he's getting, I think he's as good as anybody.

He used to be able to kick 50 yarders (length wise) no problem. Last weeks short FG proved he's not 100%.

Yesterdays kick off that landed at the 2 was a sign he's getting back. Just very frustrating haven't had a consistent/reliable kicker in a long time. Hall had one good year with us. I'd love him to get back to that level.

That tends to happen to kickers quite often isnt that what happened to brett conway his first go around when we went through 80 different kickers and a few of them went on to have successfull season elsewhere like akers?

Archived