Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to get a new Kicker?

JoeKnowsBest

Ever since John Hall has come back from his injury he has looked aweful. All his kicks are ugly. His extra points are very low, and his field goals are barely even getting over the cross bar when he makes them. Case in point was that 30 yarder or what ever it was today after that 15 yard penalty pushed us back before the half. It just barely got over the cross bar by a matter of inches. Also he's had some accuraccy problems since he came back.

It just seems like since he's come back, he's got a slinky for a leg lately. He's got no strength in it.

Is John Hall done?

Should we be looking for a new Place Kicker? And should it be addressed in the off season or sooner?

Here's another one for thought.... Should we give Nick Novak a call again?

I wish I could get through to you all that John Hall is an excellent kicker. I can't believe how quickly people get impatient with some guys and want to replace them. He isn't only a good kicker but a great one. By the way, the 45 yarder he kicked today may have missed left, but it looked like he put an extra 10-15 yards on it. His leg looked stronger today on kickoffs too. I can't wait until he comes around and the Hall-haters forget about Nick Novak. The best kickers are already taken. They aren't just waiting around for a good team to be on. Oh by the way, Hall is one of the good kickers that are taken.

Ya and that kickoff after we took a 10-7 lead was a doosy. WTH was he trying to do? How many times has he kicked it into the endzone lately on kickoffs? None that i can remember :(

I still like hall over any of our kickers the last 5 years or so but he's really inconsistant on kickoffs, well i take that back, he consistantly kicks it short of the endzone, with his leg he should be booming every kickoff IMO.

What? He's missed 2 and you wanna get rid of him? Novak is awful, there is a reason he's nothing more than a fill for injured kickers. He gets too many kicks blocked because he can't clear the line and get distance on a kick at the same time. For Novack to kick 45 yarder or longer he has to sacrafice height.

Kicking isn't just about being able to kick 50 and 60 yarders in practice, they have this whole formula for evaluating kickers based on height from time kicked and all this, its pretty advanced.

I know this because I went to high school with a guy that could kick 50 yarders with ease but he got cut in like a week when he went to try out at East Carolina, I asked the coach why and he told me simply that, "alot of people can kick far, but you gotta clear the line to be a real kicker."

Isnt Novak kicking for Arizona now?

Yes he is, and he will be facing the Skins next week. He was 3 for 3 today filling in for the regular Cardinals kicker, Neil Rackers. If I was Novak, I would be pissed and would not miss a kick next Sunday. I say we sign Novak again in the next few weeks when they let him go. Rackers is out 2 more weeks I think?? Novak can't possibly win that job as Rackers has made 33-34 FGs, 6-6 on 50+ this year.

I heard that he is still not 100%. Who the frig do you all want to replace him? Come on. Think a little. He misses a FG and mis-hits a kickoff. Defecation occurs. Holy mackerel people. It's like you are going to pick every little thing apart until you find something to whine about. Try being happy for once. You may just find it refreshing.

Number one: Who would we replace him with?

Number two: Who would we replace him with?

I admit, I was shocked when we let Novak go, but I understand that there is no room on this roster for 2 place kickers.

The main question is: Should we take a look at another kicker in the offseason? It just appears to me that Hall has lost all the strength in his leg. He's kicking knuckleballs.

Yes he is, and he will be facing the Skins next week. He was 3 for 3 today filling in for the regular Cardinals kicker, Neil Rackers. If I was Novak, I would be pissed and would not miss a kick next Sunday. I say we sign Novak again in the next few weeks when they let him go. Rackers is out 2 more weeks I think?? Novak can't possibly win that job as Rackers has made 33-34 FGs, 6-6 on 50+ this year.

Oh my, what did Novack have for breakfast?

I tell you what, I'm gonna enjoy the short kickoffs next week, maybe we'll get a nice return out of one. Maybe we'll even block a field goal.

It appears to me he's lost all strength in his leg since his injury. He's been kicking knuckle balls. That one 20 yard field goal even looked like it fell short at first. I'm beginning to question if his career has come to an end.

So the question is, should we be looking in the offseason at other kickers?

Oh yeah, and was there really a need to start a whole nother thread about this? Couldn't you have just stuck it in the other one? :wtf:

Who gives a sh!+ if his missed field goal was kicked an extra 10-15 yards? He could have kicked it out of Fed-ex and it wouldn't mean squat because he missed it. His kickoffs were some garbage.

I have no faith in the guy. The thing is you can't just say a guy is great. If there are questions about whether he is even good, you can bet he isn't great.

Novak completely healthy kicks off as far as Hall when Hall is probably 80%

You guys that want Novak back have selective memory. He made a 40 yard FG to beat the Seahawks and thats all you remember.

He is a blocked kick waiting to happen on anything in and above the 40 yard range.

Nah, unfortunately that would be a luxury not a necessity.

We just don't have a elite kicker. Good, but not elite. Probably better than most teams, so we can't afford to waste efforts to replace him. He'll just have to do.

He ain't bad either, ok distance, ok accuracy, just ok but at least he's been in big games- that helps.

hmm we should draft connor hughs from uva.. boys money. Not saying we should draft him high like the jets did with nugent(sp?) but drafting him and bringing him alon slowly is a good thing. I think hall is a great kicker though and the man has balls cant fault him for that.

Hall isn't healthy which is why I don't understand why he is kicking for us at this point in the season. Anything outside of 40 and I get nervous because I can see he is not the same as he was with the Jets and early years with us, however, I'd still take him over Brett Conway.

While we are on the topic of kickers, why do people think Sebastian Janikowski is a good kicker? Yeah so he can boom the ball 60 yards but what good does that do when he has terrible accuracy. I think ever Raider game I watch he blows a kick.

Archived