Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas signs Barrow (Mega Merged)

rayprils

Guest sith lord
He doesn't need to get on the field. He'll just coach the defense on all our plays. That's revenge..

If we lose, it won't be because of Barrow.

He doesn't need to get on the field. He'll just coach the defense on all our plays. That's revenge..

The D has hundreds of plays. He's going to show them all, sans playbook, to the Cowgirls?

I think not.

He played in this same Defense when he was with the Oilers. You think no one else in this league has ever learned another team's plays before? He certainly didn't help us with the Giants' D or players. He never even played a snap with us last year, so you certainly can't say he has the flow of the way the D is currently run. You either win or you don't. If we lose to Dallas at home, it won't be because they signed Mike Barrow.

Precisely. Their motive for hiring him is MOST transparent. Too bad it will probably work. :doh:

I'm not concerned. The biggest problem won't be Barrow to beat the Skins. It will be the "Redskins to beat the Skins." If the Skins turn the ball over or get the ball 1st and 10 from the opponents 31 with a minute left in a tie game, *AND STILL LOSE!* That would be a bigger factor in a win/lose scenario.

I see the point in them picking him up. If there is one player on the defense that has the most knowledge about every formation and lineup, it's the MLB. Whether or not he played, he knows GW's tendencies. He may not have suited up, but he most certainly studied his butt off while he was here. He's a "field general", it's his job, so any of you that DON'T think that was a motivating factor in Dallas acquiring him should rethink your position. Just my 2 cents.

I see the point in them picking him up. If there is one player on the defense that has the most knowledge about every formation and lineup, it's the MLB. Whether or not he played, he knows GW's tendencies. He may not have suited up, but he most certainly studied his butt off while he was here. He's a "field general", it's his job, so any of you that DON'T think that was a motivating factor in Dallas acquiring him should rethink your position. Just my 2 cents.

Oh it's for SURE that this is why they acquired him.

Cowboys' Nguyen on IR, considers retirement

IRVING, Texas (AP) — Dallas Cowboys linebacker Dat Nguyen is considering retirement after being placed on the season-ending injured reserve list with neck and knee injuries.

"He doesn't feel like he can play up to his standard now," coach Bill Parcells said Monday. "I think he's going to consider retirement."

Nguyen missed three games this year with a strained neck, starting with the Oct. 9 game against Philadelphia that ended his 43-game starting streak. He played the past four games but didn't start.

Nguyen, 30, is in his eighth season out of Texas A&M. He has 421 career tackles and led the Cowboys in tackles the past two seasons, the first player to do that since Ken Norton Jr. in 1992-93.

In addition to the neck injury, Nguyen has had knee problems.

"I think it's an accumulation of things at this point," Parcells said. "I just think he's worn out. The first month he felt all right. It's been downhill from there."

The Cowboys have signed 12-year veteran Michael Barrow to take the roster spot.

Barrow hasn't played this season after being released by Washington in July. Barrow had 148 tackles for the New York Giants in 2003 but didn't play last year because of tendinitis in his knee. Parcells said he thinks Barrow is healthy and may play Sunday against the Giants.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2005-11-28-nguyen_x.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2239113

Linebacker Michael Barrow, who hasn't played a down in the NFL since the 2003 season, has reached a contract agreement with the Cowboys, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

The team must make a roster move and release a player before they can sign Barrow, which is expected Monday.

Barrow, a second-round draft pick of the Houston Oilers in 1993, last played with the Giants in 2003. He signed that offseason with the Redskins, only to miss the season with a knee injury. Barrow was released this summer by the Redskins.

When Barrow is healthy he's one hell of an LB

Look at his stats before he got injured

In 03 when Barrow was with the NY Giants

2003 with NYG

16 GP 148 tackles 2 sacks 3 forced fumbles 4 pass deflections

I like em.........hopefully he can stay healthy and play well for us, SOLID pick up IMO

I think Barrow was a good pickup for DA BOYS, especially with Dat's injury

Archived