Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall or Nick Novak

PuckDallas81

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I get nervous now when John Hall has to kick and after watching him miss that heartbreaking field goal yesterday (which I know was longer than it should've been), he just doesn't seem like his old self. last year he use to kick very well but this year it seems like he has went down hill and I know the injury has alot to do with it.Do you guys think we should have held on to Nick Novak and just put Hall on ir for the rest of the season

How many touchbacks does Hall have this year?

How many touchbacks do any kickers have anymore? Since the rule change to move kickoffs to the 30, there have been few.

The only time Hall makes me nervous is if the attempt is 45 yards or greater. I'm not sure what his accuracy is in that range, but it would be nice to have a kicker who can make the long ones more times than not.

Watching him in warmups, he didn't seem to have the range over 50 yards, so I didn't have a lot of confidence that he would make the field goal.

Jason

i thought he'd make it but i wasnt to sure. If he chipped it a bit to the left it would have gone in. But what if Rabach didnt hold, what if royal didnt drop so many passes? There are so many what if's about this game. Had it been 10 yds closer if rabach didnt hold, we would be 6-5 right now :)

Hall>Novack

The biggest setback to Hall are those hamstring injuries that have occured. He used to be able to kill the ball, but now with the injuries, it looks like he can maybe get it from the 45-50yd range max. Novak's kicks were more like bullets, although he made a 50+ yarder at Denver (called back due to penalty). Tough choice, but I would maybe go with Hall, mostly since he's a veteran. Perhaps we should go through FA or the Draft and look for a kicker (NOT Jose Cortez).

I thought it was a bit far for his current range given his injury. But don't blame the missed field goal on him. He would have made it were it ten yards closer.

Exactly. Hall makes kicks from 45 and closer with his eyes closed while eating a cheeseburger. Rabach gets the blame for this one. What a bonehead play.

Exactly. Hall makes kicks from 45 and closer with his eyes closed while eating a cheeseburger. Rabach gets the blame for this one. What a bonehead play.

I would go with Hall also.The part that bugs me about Rabach's hold is that it even if it went unnoticed it would not have any effect on the play.It was basically a 1or 2 yard gain either way.What a waste!

I would choose Novak over Hall right now. If Hall can get back to 100%, then I would choose him. But in situations like these, games are won and lost. If he doesn't have 50 yard FG distance, he shouldn't be on an NFL team. I would have much rather watched Novak attempt it.

Archived