Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tearing my heart out!

ncskinsfan71

This has taken me all day to formulate my words correctly, but this is a rant that I have to get off my chest so please bear with me.

I don't understand what the problem is. We get up for 3 quarters and then fall asleep at the wheel while allowing opposing teams to do dictate whatever they want to do to us. I'm watching yesterday and for whatever reason, I said to myself after the Rogers INT that we were going to find a way to lose this game. Now mind you we were up 17-10 at that point, but I just knew that we weren't going to move the ball at all and would wind up punting it back to them and they would score. It's called a track record, and it goes back to the Eagles game. At some point in the game, always around the same time in the 2nd half, it's like a lightbulb goes off in the other teams heads and says "Hey, they're going to do this exactly this way" and they stop us. Or, they finally start to gain yards on the ground in bunches 13-27 at a time and all we do is say "I almost had him".

It's little things that keep creeping up:

Rogers drops the INT at the goalline

LaVar juggles his INT

Holding occurs on 89% of all running plays, but Rabach gets called for it when it counts

A healthy Hall hits a kick from the 35 yd line

SD didn't seem to want the game until the 4th quarter. How many balls did they drop? Then all of a sudden Gates outruns LaVar and Taylor for 26 yards in OT? I just don't know. Yesterday hurt real bad. I felt a little numb to it though, to be honest, because I've seen it too many times before.

I am far from being a bandwagon fan and will stay on this ride till the brakes come off, but I just had to express how I was feeling. This isn't a hate thread, just a confused one.

Go Skins.

I'm right with you man.

After the Tampa Bay game I felt straight out SHOCK and dismay - I knew when we chickened out on the 3rd and 2 and ran up the gut we'd lose, but the way we lost!!! MAN!

After the Raider game I was PISSED! Just mad and upset - at losing to what I thought was a loser coach for us, to a sorry team, and not even showing up on offense.

Yesterday, and I was at the game, I was just NUMB. This happens enough, and you start to expect it. After the holding penalty, and then we couldn't even pick up any more yards on 2 plays, the game was over. I knew our D could not hold them anymore - they'd been on the field for 12 minutes in the 4th quarter it seemed like, after another 4th quarter gutless play selection and execution by the offensive coaching staff and players.

It just gets ridiculous after awhile. I took my brother-in-law to the game who is a Packers fan, and is now becoming a Skins fan too, since he married my sister. He couldn't believe the negativity during the game from Skins fans all around. But I told him that I did not approve of the negativity, but I UNDERSTOOD it - why? Because we've been dealing with this crap for year after year after year without end since 1995. It just gets ridiculous after awhile - they always get our hopes up and get some tough wins only to give away many more. We change coaches and players but still the same thing happens. :(

I've got to believe if anyone can turn this around, Coach Joe Gibbs can. We'll see.....

the sense of drowning is upon me..........yet again. I truly thought this year was different - it is not. I refuse to let the Redskins ever get my hopes up halfway into a season. I curse the playcalling, the execution of crap plays, and the overall underachievement of this team. So we beat Dallas and Philly - woopdeedoo. Can we win 5 straight? Sure, we have the talent to win all of the remaining 5 games. Will we? History says an emphatic NO.

This has taken me all day to formulate my words correctly, but this is a rant that I have to get off my chest so please bear with me.

I don't understand what the problem is. We get up for 3 quarters and then fall asleep at the wheel while allowing opposing teams to do dictate whatever they want to do to us. I'm watching yesterday and for whatever reason, I said to myself after the Rogers INT that we were going to find a way to lose this game. Now mind you we were up 17-10 at that point, but I just knew that we weren't going to move the ball at all and would wind up punting it back to them and they would score. It's called a track record, and it goes back to the Eagles game. At some point in the game, always around the same time in the 2nd half, it's like a lightbulb goes off in the other teams heads and says "Hey, they're going to do this exactly this way" and they stop us. Or, they finally start to gain yards on the ground in bunches 13-27 at a time and all we do is say "I almost had him".

It's little things that keep creeping up:

Rogers drops the INT at the goalline

LaVar juggles his INT

Holding occurs on 89% of all running plays, but Rabach gets called for it when it counts

A healthy Hall hits a kick from the 35 yd line

SD didn't seem to want the game until the 4th quarter. How many balls did they drop? Then all of a sudden Gates outruns LaVar and Taylor for 26 yards in OT? I just don't know. Yesterday hurt real bad. I felt a little numb to it though, to be honest, because I've seen it too many times before.

I am far from being a bandwagon fan and will stay on this ride till the brakes come off, but I just had to express how I was feeling. This isn't a hate thread, just a confused one.

Go Skins.

I am used to them loosing games like this.. Face it there is always next year lol.

Coming from a Cowboy fan, I feel your pain. Other than our 3 dominant wins over Philly, Arizona, and Detroit. The rest of our games have been decided in the 4th quarter and on OT. We could very easily be 3-8 right now.

I know alot of Cowboy fans are already claiming us as NFC east champs. I don't see it that way just yet. They are just Homers and are only looking at the standings.

The way I see it. Dallas could very well fall from the standings over the next few games. Though I am rooting they don't, but it could happen. Teams are starting to see our weaknesses now and this has concerned me. Now that Dat has been put on IR, it gets worse. We have signed Barrow for crying out loud. That's how desperate we are for quality LBer's

Henry is still a question mark and thats a huge loss if he can't play against the Giants come sunday. Our next 4 game stretch is no walk in the park. And the way they have been playing and games being decided in the 4th quarter, I may not live through them all. LOL

Good luck and I am not counting the Redskins out in the division. It's going to be a dog fight and whichever team in the East, who learns how to finish a game down the stretch will win. IMO.

Yeah. You're not alone. My heart is broken. My wife hates me this year as I expected more from this team. I love this team, I always have since I was a boy. The last years have taken their toll and this year has been the knife in the back.I haven't been feeling this way in I can't remember when....Actually I never have felt this way!! I always knew wether to expect the team to do well or do poorly. The constant disappointment week in and week out followed by the consistent jibberish from Gibbs, Brunell and Co. makes me irate!

I love you guys. Turn this shipwreck around. Gibbs loves you, your fans love you, now give us a reason to at least end this season being proud to be your fans!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

The pains of being a Redskins fan. But with pain there is always a reward. Just think about somthing, would you go through a year like this to have the Redskins in the Super Bowl next year? If you knew we would definately get there, would it be worth it? Gibbs will get us there! We lost close ones, very close! This is the type of season that makes players better and better. We are sooooo tired of loosing that we feel that if we dont get it done this year the the end of the world will come, trust me at first I felt the same way. But when as time had passed, I remembered that Gibbs wins everywhere he goes! His is a winner! This is a team that he is building that will be competitive year after year for a decade!! That is what this is about. At least we are competitive and staying in the games. Two years ago it was never this competitive. We may not get to the playoffs this year. But we will put the fans of every team we play on the brink of a panic attack!!!! I can assure you!!!!!:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :D

Its hard to be a Skins fan right now. I love the Burgandy and Gold with a passion and thats the only thing that keeps me going. As of now I am so ashamed of these perpetrators in the B and G uniforms that I could give up Football . Life goes on, I have a family to care for and what not, but man I miss the joy my Skins used to give me on a Sunday afternoon. Those days are gone.

I can empathize with everyone here. They been breaking my heart since 1972. When Kilmer hit the GD goal post with Jackie Smith wide open in the End zone. We were mired in that 'just good enough to get your hopes up' malaise thru the Allen and Pardee years. Then...Joe turned it around. The first time around Joe inherited some talent. He didn't completely know what he had yet. That Riggo (whom he'd want to trade) would be so tough and durable. That Theisman was such a great leader. Art Monk would be able to make that transition from College RB to an Pro Bowl receiver. They stumbled on some hard working lineman and then Pettibone was a master at breaking down an opponents offense.

Gibbs will turn this ship around. But we gotta be honest here. The first time I think there were only 2 years from being a playoff contender with Pardee. And back then rosters didn't turn over like they do now. We're losing games like this because of Dan Snyder. Not just bashing him. I know he's a fan and I appreciate that he wanst to win and won't spare any expense. But this organization has been in turmoil since he took over.

Joe Gibbs is reaping the fruit that was sown over the last 5-6 years. We've never maintained that core group of players to help keep the ship pointed in the right direction. That is absolutely critical in sports. No team in the NFL has changed out their entire roster the way we have.

So we're a work in progress. In order to win close games everyone has to be in sync with one another. So they can cover for their teammate when he falls or gets beat. Right now, they're still learning the system. On the offensive side of the ball, that system is still in it's infancy. I know that Gibbs will give us the stability that we need in the long run to start winning these games. But it's gonna take time and there will be growing pains.

Like the strike years, I love how Joe is keeping the players together. They refuse to criticize one another. And that will pay dividends later on. Face it fellas, could we beat the Colts right now? Just getting to the Superbowl ain't enough. We wanna win. So, we'll take our lumps in only the second year of his reign. And I look for us to add to what we have.

It ain't all bad. We now have another quality DB in Rogers. Jacobs stepped up and showed he can be a playmaker. Arrington is studying more and will become better all the time. Brunell amazes me with his poise. Nothing bothers the guy. That 1st qtr of the Tampa game would have caused most QB's to be in tears or puking their guts out by the bench. But he was smiling. Knowing he could get it done. And he played well enough for us to win. Moss is a rarity. A superstar talent with the humility of a role-player. We'll get the right pieces into place. And Joe will make us proud again.

Sucks for now. But hang in there. At least we're not getting blown out. We had the blazing hot Chargers on the ropes. We've had one of the toughest schedules thus far in the NFL. And we could have won every game but the Giants. Cutting out the miscues and penalties will happen as the players get comfortable with the staff and one another. But their ain't no way around it but time and going thru battles together.

So, hang in there! Play that Dallas clip from this year. Especially the Sean T hit on Crayton. That'll make you smile :)

I admit, during and after the game, I felt Norvous. When it dawned upon that, yes, indeed, we are losing this game (as I shut the TV off after LT ran into the endzone), it was a familiar feeling of "DAMNIT." I love Gibbs and believe that, with the time that any team takes to builld, we can get to the Promised Land. But man, it is frustrating as hell. It is fustrating enough with the previous close games, but these last few ones...year after year gets a bit much!

I've told my friends before that it is sometimes painful being a fan of the team. And part of the reason is that, at times, it is not FUN to watch the team. Their annual losing just sucks the fun out of watching the game for me.

But damnit, we have five games left in the season - we can still be 10-6. Hope springs eternal!

Archived