Could Gibbs beat Spurrier ?

Mickalino

YOur opinion:John Hall  

26 members have voted

1. 1. YOur opinion:John Hall

• Playing more injured than we know.Should be on IR
    • Old and injury prone. Should be cut
    • Where's Novak?
    • Can Frost place kick? What the heck,give him a shot.

some of the greatest coaches in college history like Wilkinson, Holtz, etc. couldn't win in the NFL.

just because you can win games at South Carolina doesn't translate to winning games in the NFL.

and how do we know this? because a national title at Florida didn't prevent the Spurrier Skins from losing 27-0 at home to Dallas.

Actually an interesting question here

I say yes, because in all honesty the Spurrier teams were so ill prepared and just going out there winging it

I think Gregg Williams' D would crush Spurrier's O (happened in 2003)

And I know that Joe Gibbs could outscheme George Edwards

Would Joe Gibbs out coach Marvin Lewis? Thats the question

I go with yes, Joe Gibbs would beat Spurrier

I voted for Gibbs, taking off my orange and blue glasses. Although I based this assessment largely on the fact that Gibbs has more talent than Spurrier did in just Brunell and Portis alone. Spurrier has won everywhere except here and as a player in Tampa Bay's first year. He won with the 49'ers, in the USFL, Duke, South Carolina and Florida. He's quickly becoming deity in SC.

I never thought he was a good fit in the NFC East, but that was his choice obviously.

Both of those games last week and this week could have gone either way. Unfortunetly Marty and Norv got their revenge for Snyder's unjust treatment of them. Spurrier isn't even in Gibb's league. This isn't the first time Gibbs lost to a former Redskins coach that got fired. Jack Pardee and his Houston Oilers destroyed the Redskins 41-17 in 1988.

Question re-phrased -

Could Gibbs' Redskins beat South Carolina ?

nope, gibbs would sit on a 1 point lead in the first quarter and then coach his team to 18 3 and outs by running the same sorry plays. Gibbs will close his eyes for Spurriers hail mary game winner in the last seconds of the 4th.

nope, gibbs would sit on a 1 point lead in the first quarter and then coach his team to 18 3 and outs by running the same sorry plays. Gibbs will close his eyes for Spurriers hail mary game winner in the last seconds of the 4th.

THAT IS F'ING CLASSIC..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived