Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly stopped SD..We can too.

Gallntfox

I agree with everything you said, except for the score.

If we lose/win it will be by 3 points, guranteed.

Also, you seem to think that Sean Taylor couldn't cover Antonio Gates...he fared (sp?) well on Tony Gonzalez, and hes not too shabby either. The only thing that will be really hard to do this game will be to stop LT. Your receivers don't impress me, and I'm confident that we will be doubling Antonio Gates all day.

LT will be damned hard to stop. :2cents:

i know taylor is a gamer. as a matter of fact, a "taylor" type player is all we are lacking. the advantage that Gates has is his basketball background (yes, TG does as well, just not as good). Gates will not beat you deep or anything like that, but he will get the better position "boxing out". that is what he is so good at. he has BIG soft hands as well. Brees and him are clearly on the same page. nobody has been impressed by our other wideouts, so thats no surprise. i dont expect you to be either, since your on the east coast, the same way i dont know too much about the skins being from the west. heres a fact though. Brees has over 2400 yds passing and they havnt all been to Gates or LT out of the backfield. i actually think youll do better against LT than Gates, but my score prediction remains the same.

I agree with everything you said, except for the score.

If we lose/win it will be by 3 points, guranteed.

Also, you seem to think that Sean Taylor couldn't cover Antonio Gates...he fared (sp?) well on Tony Gonzalez, and hes not too shabby either. The only thing that will be really hard to do this game will be to stop LT. Your receivers don't impress me, and I'm confident that we will be doubling Antonio Gates all day.

LT will be damned hard to stop. :2cents:

Man how many weeks are we gonna have to put up with this. Noone can cover gates. No not all pro aaron glenn not champ bailey not nate clements, not charles woodson not derrick burgess, not mike vrabel not ty law noone. That includes sean taylor. Taylor can hit and ya he can cover as a matter of fact he can be hip to hip but guess what Gates is going to outmuscle him for the ball and drag him a few yards like he does everyone else. Someone needs to make a Gates clip so people can see that it does not matter who you put on him. Chargers wins Gates scores 3 td's L.t. rushes for 2 Mccardell catches 1. Skins would be lucky to keep it under a 20 point loss.

This is a very dangerous team. They have lost a lot of close games to teams who are likely to make the playoffs. I think that the Redskins are going to have to play extremely well to win this game. I think that they should win, but will they win?

Why should the skins win because they have a slightly above avg defense that is nothing spectacular. The Chargers d is better to let you know. Their offense is awful portis is going against the # 1 run defense and the chargers have twice as many sacks as the redskins and brunnel is sure to get pressured. There is no way the redskins should win. The Chargers have just bee n playing at too high a level.:doh:

The Chargers are going to win by at least 15 points. If you really want all the reasons I will post them fo you. You will not face a better team or offense this season. The colts outscore us by half a point but they have played scrub teams. We would average 42 a game with their schedule. As it is we scored 40 plus against 2 1st place teams. Were in playoff mode since our last loss and since the bills game we have went into no mercy mode. We are not going to let up anymore until the clock is at triple 0. No more late game collapses. For you guysto have a chance you will have to be able to run....on the # 1 run defense in the league!!!. You may think you can pass just by looking at the #'s kuz we are 26 in pass d but that is misleading we play with big leads and alot of prevent.. Although now we will play to kill all game.

Dude you're not the Colts, you're about 2 more years from being that good.

This is all well and good, however, Philly has the secondary to play man coverage. Our last two games )maybe even more) have proved that we do not. GW had better come up with something and come up with it quick or Sunday's game will be long, disappointing and cold.

Go Skins!

Dude you're not the Colts, you're about 2 more years from being that good.

So you think... Were beter luckily we get to prove that point when we play them... seriously show me a game on the colts schedule that the Chargers would have lost... the bengals?? nope the jags... we beat them 34-14.... umm the texans? twice...? nope.. the browns... 21-0 to them on the road in a blizzard... That is the game were looking forward to the redskins are just another speed bump to get run over. If we were not undefeated with the colts schedule. we would at the most have 1 loss. check this thread out on our site... we are just not concerned with you. http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=26505

is that all you got? WEAK!!! you really need to work out your anger problem. yes 4 team beat us...by a total of 12 points, all 4th quarter leads given up, 2 of which were as the clock expired, regardless, they beat us, i can accept that. lets just talk about this game though, its the only one im concerned with. your weak smack talk had nothing to say thats worth the pot you piss in. so, tell me, how will you beat us so we can get a good discussion going.

I don't think ther's much to go after you about, based on what you've posted so far. Your understandable fanittude aside, IMO you've posted in a pretty reasonable fashion. I've noted that opposing fans who do that are always welcome on this board.

Actually, I think you're team right now is better than your record. We will absolutely need a very strong D performance, not expecting to "stop" Brees, L, or Gates, but just to hold you guys to a few FG's after you get your yardage. Then, our best chance to win is really on our offense this game, with ball control via a 130+yd Portis/running game and careful, short, & medium range throws with our best red-zone efficiency. Last weeks O better not show.

I don't think ther's much to go after you about, based on what you've posted so far. Your understandable fanittude aside, IMO you've posted in a pretty reasonable fashion. I've noted that opposing fans who do that are always welcome on this board.

Actually, I think you're team right now is better than your record. We will absolutely need a very strong D performance, not expecting to "stop" Brees, L, or Gates, but just to hold you guys to a few FG's after you get your yardage. Then, our best chance to win is really on our offense this game, with ball control via a 130+yd Portis/running game and careful, short, & medium range throws with our best red-zone efficiency. Last weeks O better not show.

If your defense comes to play, than this is going to be an exciting game. A hard hitting one, no doubt. If you do manage to hold us to a couple of early feild goals, which will be difficult (look at our 1st quarter scoring), then I would say the game will be close at the end. I think it is a bit of a stretch to think Portis will have 130yds. You're best bet is the short passing game and screens to Portis. Quick screens to WR's will probably not do much, seen as you do not have any decent blocking WR's that I know of (I could be wrong). Brunell will have to be quick and accurate or our pass rush will eat him up. We are by no means the best team in the NFL right now, but we match up well against you're teams strengths this week. If, however, you cannot hold us down early, look for it to be a blowout. Our defense is beginning to learn to close out a game and when they smell blood, all bets are off, they're coming full speed. Should be a fun one to watch, wish I could go.

P.S. Is that better on the grammar?

We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 seasons ranked 3 against hte run last year and # 1 this season. We have faced Portis with a better denver line. There is no chance he rushes for 130 on us. What in the hell would make you think so???? I mean seriously that is a lack of effort to look up the facts. The Chargers are the # 1 team in the red zone in the NFL have only attempted 15 fg's the whole year and 1 was blocked the others were all made. It doesn't matter what offense shows you WILL NOT be able to run the ball. The skins will be lucky to mount enough drives to reach the end zone let alone get td's if/when they get there. Your max protect offense will get wrecked this week even worse than the faiders did. The chargers hsould have no trouble winning this game 41-17.

Obviously not. :D
just exactly what did that contribute to the board.. my guess is your trying to up your post total with meaningless toasts then when you have 5 6 hundred posts people look at you like where the hell this guy come from?? hundreds of posts yet i dont remember any...lol :doh:

We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 seasons ranked 3 against hte run last year and # 1 this season. We have faced Portis with a better denver line. There is no chance he rushes for 130 on us. What in the hell would make you think so???? I mean seriously that is a lack of effort to look up the facts. The Chargers are the # 1 team in the red zone in the NFL have only attempted 15 fg's the whole year and 1 was blocked the others were all made. It doesn't matter what offense shows you WILL NOT be able to run the ball. The skins will be lucky to mount enough drives to reach the end zone let alone get td's if/when they get there. Your max protect offense will get wrecked this week even worse than the faiders did. The chargers hsould have no trouble winning this game 41-17.

well, let me immediately note that you're the kind of azz-klown the other charger fan is not. I stated what kind of game portis would NEED to have, I didn't make some sort of stupid gaurantee...pinhead. Same with the field goal comment...pinhead. I'm aware of your stats. Especially the 6-4 one as long as you want to roll this way. You will be on the sidelines yet again with Marty yet again watching Denver run your division yet again while you try to explain how with all that talent you're left suckng yet again. This will be true regardless of what happens this Sunday.

As for some factual support that i did use before I presented for my 130yd figure in the context i did, Portis ran for over 140 against the #1 D at tampa, so it was reasonable enough, even giving you guys credit for being a slightly better D. it is definitely a "best case" scenario that he do near that well Sunday, but i'd appily take 150 yds combined running total with the other O mix i described. You have a team that I respect, and one that should be one of the best. it should be better than 6-4. Now go play with your leggos, igwad.

is that all you got? WEAK!!! you really need to work out your anger problem. yes 4 team beat us...by a total of 12 points, all 4th quarter leads given up, 2 of which were as the clock expired, regardless, they beat us, i can accept that. lets just talk about this game though, its the only one im concerned with. your weak smack talk had nothing to say thats worth the pot you piss in. so, tell me, how will you beat us so we can get a good discussion going.

Yup I'm angry when an opposing team fan talks trash about beating us easy and 34-17 is winning easily. I didn't talk trash, except my prediciton obviously, everything I typed is the truth, so in the world of smack talk it should be weak. We lost 3 games by 6 points 4 by 13 so don't underestimate us.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Yup I'm angry when an opposing team fan talks trash about beating us easy and 34-17 is winning easily. I didn't talk trash, except my prediciton obviously, everything I typed is the truth, so in the world of smack talk it should be weak. We lost 3 games by 6 points 4 by 13 so don't underestimate us.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

thats what fans do. we drink and talk smack. i came to your boards looking for some insight i might be able to bring to my boards for discussion, yet all i have gotten is pure skin biased non-factual horse****. i do not underestimate your team one bit, but i have gotten no responses that are worth a damn. i want to know from the skin fans who are your playmakers and how they will be used against us. its obvious you know who ours are. we are teams that have had similar fate this year so far. i obviously have a great deal of insight on DA BOLTS and only see things from that perspective. weve played portis before when he was on a better team with the donkeys, so his style is not new to us. weve played against moss as well. as a matter of fact, weve played against some of the best teams this year and i believe we are battle tested and have slowly learned from our shortcomings. right now we are firing on all cylinders and im just not seeing how the skins are going to slow us down, on offense or defense. now, we can do this position by position if youd like, why dont you start?

Hey San Diego fans...It sounds like you are already planning your Super Bowl parade but I would like to point out a couple of small things...

Your team LOST to Dallas and Philadelphia...........

We beat them BOTH!

That's never a good way to evaluate teams, you should know that. We lost to both in a crappy flukey kind of way. We beat the Giants like they beat you, so what. Our team is very very very good man, you can't deny that. It'll be a great game come Sunday.

That's never a good way to evaluate teams, you should know that. We lost to both in a crappy flukey kind of way. We beat the Giants like they beat you, so what. Our team is very very very good man, you can't deny that. It'll be a great game come Sunday.

My point was......you're not exactly the '72 Dolphins when it comes to playing NFC East teams this year.........

that record would be 1-2 ....losing to Dallas AT home and Philly on the road...yea you beat the Giants at home but you did have the "Eli factor" that game.....

Archived