Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly stopped SD..We can too.

Gallntfox

Yes...Philly won on a fluke blocked FG at the end of the game but I am certain that Gregg Williams is studying the film of what the Eagles did to stop the Chargers high powered offense.

Philly held the Chargers to 0 points in the 1st half....17 for the game.

Tomlinson had 7 yards on 17 carries and SD gained 21 yards on the ground for the game.

291 total net yards total offense for the Chargers

Brees threw 2 picks.

Brees was sacked 3 times.

Chargers were 5 of 15 on 3rd down.

Brees was 23/40 for 299 yards but average completion was only 6.3 yards. Can you say dink and dunk? For the year Brees has averaged over 8 yards per ATTEMPT.

Gates had a decent game but didn't kill them..he led the team with 8 balls...had a 9 yard average per catch with 1 TD. His longest reception was 19 yards.

And probably the most important stat of the game....Philly won the turnover battle....3-0. In addition to Brees' 2 picks, SD lost a fumble.

So tell me............what did Philly do that was so effective and how do we repeat it?

Philly played a very physical and tough game up front, stacking the box to prevent LT from doing anything. Marty refused to adjust until later in the game. When they finally let Brees start to attack he put us in the position to win the game. Before that freak blocked Fg returned for a touchdown happened as well as the damn fumble by Caldwell when we were on a drive close to scoring.

Since then we have been making other teams pay who try to do the same.

The Eagles still had McNabb and Owens for that game too didnt they?

I hope the Redskins can pull it off this weekend but I am finished expecting them to win games they should after the last 2 weekends.

yea they had mcnabb and owens. and they needed them. we lost that game by freak accident. but oh well. sine that point anyone who has stacked the box like philly did has been getting torched by brees. i dont know that you guys have the talent up front to contain LT like philly did but even if you did, how do you answere gates and the reat of the attack. look at last week for example. buffalo was committed to stopping LT, but what happened? brees had a carreer day by halftime. im not saying were great, but we sure do have an explosive offense. if you stop us on the ground, we go to the air. im looking forward to a tough game but i see DA BOLTS taking this one something like 34 to 17

we had bills fans talkin all kinds of smack on our boards last week and it all comes down to a couple of simple questions. Can the skins D stop our O? No, can our D stop the skins O? Yes. and if both defenses decided to take the day off can the skins match DA BOLTS score for score? i dont think so. im not saying that the skins suck or anything, i just think DA BOLTS are a superior team at this point and only getting better. BOLTS 34 skins 17

yea they had mcnabb and owens. and they needed them. we lost that game by freak accident. but oh well. sine that point anyone who has stacked the box like philly did has been getting torched by brees. i dont know that you guys have the talent up front to contain LT like philly did but even if you did, how do you answere gates and the reat of the attack. look at last week for example. buffalo was committed to stopping LT, but what happened? brees had a carreer day by halftime. im not saying were great, but we sure do have an explosive offense. if you stop us on the ground, we go to the air. im looking forward to a tough game but i see DA BOLTS taking this one something like 34 to 17

This is just plain painful to read. My eyes hurt.

While Gates is one of the top 3 TE's in the league we faired well against the other two, Tony G and Shockey. LT is a stud RB but we all know that, and Brees is a good QB. The WR core is solid but not spectacular.

I think we stop LT force Brees to beat us, I'll take our LB's and Sean Taylor against Gates, I'll also take are CB's against their WR's. The key is stopping LT in both the run game and pass. Their D is a very good D regardless of what the pass D is ranked, they get a lot of sacks and fly around the ball, if we beat Oak. last week we're favored this week, so the line is a little misleading.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

While Gates is one of the top 3 TE's in the league we faired well against the other two, Tony G and Shockey. LT is a stud RB but we all know that, and Brees is a good QB. The WR core is solid but not spectacular.

I think we stop LT force Brees to beat us, I'll take our LB's and Sean Taylor against Gates, I'll also take are CB's against their WR's. The key is stopping LT in both the run game and pass. Their D is a very good D regardless of what the pass D is ranked, they get a lot of sacks and fly around the ball, if we beat Oak. last week we're favored this week, so the line is a little misleading.

if it were only that simple. its the same every week. everyone says theyll stop LT, stop gates with their lb's or a safety, then trust their corners. well how well has that worked. we are fortunate enough to have many weapons and a qb that manages extremely well. there is no team yet that has stopped all facets of our game. they all try first with the run. even when succesful, we find other ways to score. we have one of the best offenses around this year. im confident we will put up points on the skins. i think you guys should be worried as to how are you gonna score on DA BOLT D? thats the main question. your offense is pretty limited. portis is damn good, but cant do it by himself. moss is good as well, but those 2 just wont cut it. brunell will have no time to throw the long ball cause merriman/phillips will be all over him. youll need to establish the run, run screen plays and short passes and do your best to keep our offense off the field. this game will be fun to watch, i garauntee that. Bolts 34 skins 17

if it were only that simple. its the same every week. everyone says theyll stop LT, stop gates with their lb's or a safety, then trust their corners. well how well has that worked. we are fortunate enough to have many weapons and a qb that manages extremely well. there is no team yet that has stopped all facets of our game. they all try first with the run. even when succesful, we find other ways to score. we have one of the best offenses around this year. im confident we will put up points on the skins. i think you guys should be worried as to how are you gonna score on DA BOLT D? thats the main question. your offense is pretty limited. portis is damn good, but cant do it by himself. moss is good as well, but those 2 just wont cut it. brunell will have no time to throw the long ball cause merriman/phillips will be all over him. youll need to establish the run, run screen plays and short passes and do your best to keep our offense off the field. this game will be fun to watch, i garauntee that. Bolts 34 skins 17

Come back here Sunday around 4pm and we'll see how much your "guarantees" are worth!

It all depends on which redskins offense and defense show up. Its really that simple. We're so bi-frickin-polar nobiody knows what to expect...

"Thats right... ice-man......I am.... Dangerous!"

Yeah we're scary to other teams because they don't ever know which redskin team is gonna show up. If we can slow their run, we will have a chance to dominate if our offense can get back on track. The WR situation is what really concerns me though. Should be a good game though!

I'm more concerned with our secondary, both scheme-wise and talent-wise, however, we also have flashed dominance on the field both through run and pass. We will match every point that SD does as we have in almost all our games. Yeah, we are down Patten and Thrash, however they didn't contribute much to begin with in the offense. I think with the addition of Farris we will add a more impactful dimension to our offense. This game will be a close one just like all our games have been except for one. If our defense shows up on Sunday we win, hands down.

My bad I forgot the Bolts were 10-0, what you're not, you're 6-4 stop running your mouth. If you're 6-4 that means 4 teams have stopped you guys, you understand that right? You guarantee a 34-17 victory who the F are you Joe Namath, how bout this I guarantee your sorry !@# team will never win three Super Bowls, or how bout this I guarantee the Skins win 89-4, two safeties on bad snaps Albrights due, or better yet I guarantee you guys get into the playoffs that's right the playoffs but only to see Marty screw the pooch for the 15th time in his career, I guarantee Eli still thinks the Chargers are a joke of a franchise and still doesn't want to be there. I can also guarantee that Steve Young just hit Jerry Rice on a fly pattern, remember that game, you know your one and only SB appearance, hold on Young hit Rice again, you might not wanna watch it's getting ugly. I can also guarantee that when we win you won't be here, it's off to another teams site to talk up your soon to be 6-5 SD Chargers.

Now that I think about it you're right it will be a fun game to watch. 89-4 Skins

The Chargers are going to win by at least 15 points. If you really want all the reasons I will post them fo you. You will not face a better team or offense this season. The colts outscore us by half a point but they have played scrub teams. We would average 42 a game with their schedule. As it is we scored 40 plus against 2 1st place teams. Were in playoff mode since our last loss and since the bills game we have went into no mercy mode. We are not going to let up anymore until the clock is at triple 0. No more late game collapses. For you guysto have a chance you will have to be able to run....on the # 1 run defense in the league!!!. You may think you can pass just by looking at the #'s kuz we are 26 in pass d but that is misleading we play with big leads and alot of prevent.. Although now we will play to kill all game.

I agree with everything you said, except for the score.

If we lose/win it will be by 3 points, guranteed.

Also, you seem to think that Sean Taylor couldn't cover Antonio Gates...he fared (sp?) well on Tony Gonzalez, and hes not too shabby either. The only thing that will be really hard to do this game will be to stop LT. Your receivers don't impress me, and I'm confident that we will be doubling Antonio Gates all day.

LT will be damned hard to stop. :2cents:

Ok, they stacked the box on us big time, and we didn't adjust early enough. You'll see LT hasn't had a big game by any means in a few weeks, that's because teams have continued to do that to us, but check out Drew's numbers. They've given him more freedom to audible at the line of scrimmage, and he's been picking things apart. Also, we lost our center Nick Hardwick in that game, and Hallen his back up was completely lost out there trying to call our protection packages with the Philly blitz. But lemme say this, your D is better then Philly's. I think you guys will do alright, and I think a key to that will be Mr. Springs, he's a real solid corner, and he impressed me this year in his ability to help in run support and on screens. But in all fairness again, Gates is not any other TE, look at his numbers, he's without a doubt the best in the league. He's in the top 10 for just about every receiving category as a TE who's only played 9 games, you won't see any other TE's close to that, and they've all played one more game. We're a tough team to play because you can't really game plan to shut down both a TE and RB in the same game, it's just two things that don't really cooperate, especially with how much we move Antonio around. I think you will what Buffalo couldnt though, and that is CONTAIN our offense, you have much more athletes then them, we moved at will agains the Bills and I understand that your D is much faster and much much more athletic. It'll be a great match up.

My bad I forgot the Bolts were 10-0, what you're not, you're 6-4 stop running your mouth. If you're 6-4 that means 4 teams have stopped you guys, you understand that right? You guarantee a 34-17 victory who the F are you Joe Namath, how bout this I guarantee your sorry !@# team will never win three Super Bowls, or how bout this I guarantee the Skins win 89-4, two safeties on bad snaps Albrights due, or better yet I guarantee you guys get into the playoffs that's right the playoffs but only to see Marty screw the pooch for the 15th time in his career, I guarantee Eli still thinks the Chargers are a joke of a franchise and still doesn't want to be there. I can also guarantee that Steve Young just hit Jerry Rice on a fly pattern, remember that game, you know your one and only SB appearance, hold on Young hit Rice again, you might not wanna watch it's getting ugly. I can also guarantee that when we win you won't be here, it's off to another teams site to talk up your soon to be 6-5 SD Chargers.

Now that I think about it you're right it will be a fun game to watch. 89-4 Skins

is that all you got? WEAK!!! you really need to work out your anger problem. yes 4 team beat us...by a total of 12 points, all 4th quarter leads given up, 2 of which were as the clock expired, regardless, they beat us, i can accept that. lets just talk about this game though, its the only one im concerned with. your weak smack talk had nothing to say thats worth the pot you piss in. so, tell me, how will you beat us so we can get a good discussion going.

Archived