Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we want to improve next year, we must trade or cut Lavar

bhi4582

UH, you have no idea what you're saying!

If you were to actually read the post it outlines that indeed the team would absorb a cap hit either way but they would still save 4-5 million this offeseason if they cut him and if they traded him they would get something in return, IE 1st rounder, or another player. They are playing lavar. He obviously isn't very good in pass coverage, or they wouldn't take him out in passing situations. He's always been weak in coverage. He's a 2 down LB. He can't even play in the most important down. If I had to choose between one of the best D coordinators in the league who doesn't have the tools to field a great defense ( No pass rush) because he has 1 overpaid, overrated player taking up all his cap room or that overpaid, overrated player, there is no decision. We have NO pass rush. Lavar is playing well. Made a few big plays. Where was he the rest of the game??? He's not even worth half what he's getting paid though.

Ah. Perfect, just keep Marshall in there for guys like Porter, Gallaway, etc. Now there's some pass coverage boys! :doh:

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Thats a great idea get rid of our best and most respected player... Whoo hoo what a concept. Did you guys come up with this yourselves? Because if so I wanna get snyder on the phone and tell him we found our GM's for the team...

Ok dude, hes not our best or most respected player in the team. Santana Moss is then comes in Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis.

Whether people like it or not, cutting or trading LaVar will have to be discussed next year by management. I like a deal in which LaVar repays some of his bonus money and then is traded to a team of his choice for two draft choices, perhaps a #2 and #3. I think we also need to try and trade a QB, with Ramsey the most likely choice. There are many teams needing a QB and very few good ones in the draft. Patrick should command a #2. With the choices, we need to draft two DL, a CB and a TE.

We are the deepest team in the NFL at H-back/TE:dallasuck

There are alot of fools here! get rid of Lavar? What we need to do is get rid of Portis, Daniels, Wynn, Walt Harris, Chris Samuels. What Greg Williams needs to do is create a defensive that gives Lavar and Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor the best chance to create havoc. That is what management needs to do. Betts is more of a power runner and Portis is too busy worrying about is stupid characters than staying focused.

Portis?...stop smoking that crack man and check the stat sheet.

Oh and add about 208 yards hes lost due to holding calls on wide recievers, lineman, and fullbacks/tight ends.

Portis?...stop smoking that crack man and check the stat sheet.

Oh and add about 208 yards hes lost due to holding calls on wide recievers, lineman, and fullbacks/tight ends.

I am not smoking crack I just think Clinton Portis isn't a good fit for Joe Gibbs. I think Lavar is more important to this team than Portis. Just my opinion. I also am not worrying about the 208 yards lost I am more concerned about the 2 fumbles he lost last game and I think you should be too. Clinton is too busy worrying about stupid homo characters than concentrating on the big prize. No way Gibbs would have tolerated this in his first tenure. He is becoming too soft and personally I think he needs to go back to Nascar. Heck I think Ralph Friegen would be a better coach then what Gibbs has shown thus far. :2cents:

I wish I had saved my angry rant for THIS thread instead of the "Lavar pool" thread. I'll just leave it at this:

If we want to improve, let's just try to hold onto the "F"ing football. Now let's work on trading or releasing the guy that started this thread. ;)

We are already more than 5 million over the cap for next year. I know the cap will go up but it won't be to much more then 5 million if at all. We have a few pending free-agents, luckily nobody prominent. We must upgrade at many positions but with no cap room and no 1st round pick, how the hell are we gonna do that? IF we trade him we'd still have to absorb a big cap hit. We would be responsible for paying the remainder of his bonus and his base contract is very small, not even a million. So the team we trade with would get him for that. That would secure us hopefully a first rounder, or high second. Our other option would be to cut him, in which we would balance the cap hit over the next two season, screwing us for 2007 mind you. This could provide us with 4-5 million this season to go after a pass rusher, WR, MLB, etc...

we are 1.96 million under the cap.

If we get a good defensive Line we wont need Lavar next year. but that is only if we can get 2 good pass rushers and not clones of wilkenson and stubblefield. we might be 2-3 since arrington started playing again but we are 1-3 with griffen out. we might not have had the sacks on the qb with him in there but we were constantly pressuring the qb. The problem with arrington is he sucks in pass coverage. I wonder if there was ever anty thought of lining him up as a de or tackle and having him rush the qb every single down then find anither marcus washington outhere who is decent in coverage.

They are 23.4M over the expected 90M cap for 06 with about 43 players under contract. This is one of the highest totals in the league according to Jay Glazer. If there is no extension of the CBA by 3/1/06 this will be an off season to remember for a few teams making what has been called cap hell before in the NFL look like a picnic because this will be the first time the league has entered the final capped year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4966370

What, have you been playing Madden this week?

At the beginning of the season I would have thought Gibbs might trade LaVar, but not now. Since he has been back, he has played great, and received much fan support.

Gibbs realizes how much the fans mean to this team. He will not trade or cut LaVar and get blasted for it. Plus, if we need help on D, why trade or cut possibly the best guy on that side of the ball.

LaVar stays. He is the face of this franchise.

Snyder and co. will figure out a way around the cap.

****Plus, as it stands now, we are looking at a capless season.****

Forget finding a way around the cap fix the cap fix it right that way we can keep some of these homegrown talents we acguire.

Other then look better then Holdman, which isn't exactly hard to do, what has Lavar done to make you think he's worth the contract he's got? One of the best defenders, I'm not to sure about that I'll take

1. Sean Taylor

2. Marcus Washington

3. Corn. Griffin

4. Shawn Springs

Lavar makes more then all those guys and is not as important as them. Lavar is a good player but he's getting franchise player money, he is not a franchise player.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I'm sorry. You are wrong. LaVar is just as important as any of those guys. Put him on the field and see who ends up with the most tackles. He has won games for us with cluth plays and is all over the field at all times. Maybe he is overpaid, but he is a stud. He is just not playing up to his potential, so for that I agree he maybe a little overpaid. Who on our team isnt over paid?

Incase you guys haven't noticed Gregg Williams does not know how to use Lavar he is pulling him out every third down and not leting him have a chance to rush the passer that is part of our pass rush problems to cut Lavar would be a stupid idea and would come back to haunt us Gregg williams needs to start blitzing him more Lavar thrived under Marvin Lewis's d because he was always rushing the passer and thats something hes not geting a chance to do now.

I'm sorry. You are wrong. LaVar is just as important as any of those guys. Put him on the field and see who ends up with the most tackles. He has won games for us with cluth plays and is all over the field at all times. Maybe he is overpaid, but he is a stud. He is just not playing up to his potential, so for that I agree he maybe a little overpaid. Who on our team isnt over paid?

Man I'm sorry I haven't responded too you but there are to many people who are f'ing crazy.

And you're right about everything the fact of the matter is everybody is right about Lavar due to the fact that all arguments are peoples opinions, there are no facts to support either argument, so instead of intelligent debate everyone breaks into defensive mode, including myself, when in reality no one has any idea about what will happen in the off seaon. In other words I'm finished defending my point.

well, the original poster is right in one aspect. we DO have to find out what Arrington's role is going to be on this defense and then commit to a plan to put him there and allow him to develop into the role. the guy is 27 years old and has not spend more than a season at any given spot. he is still as green as grass in so many ways in terms of football IQ.

he makes plays with his athleticism but the window on being able to rely on that only is closing.

to be in the NFL for the long haul you have to learn HOW to play the game, how to win the battle 'in the corners' and how to get the competitive edge on opponents.

unlike a Ray Lewis or Ed Reed, Arrington doesn't seem to have the drive or determination to be as much of a demon in the classroom/filmroom as he does on the game field.

what was that old saying about most battles being won or lost BEFORE they are fought? :)

You guys just DON'T get it, do you?! Trade Lavar? Puh-lease!!!!

Bench Brunell...gimme a break!!!

BOTTOM LINE: STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER AND WE WILL WIN THE MAJORITY OF OUR GAMES. It's that simple folks.

Even with the bad calls...even with the lack of a pass rush...even with some questionable calls by Mr Gibbs (yes, even he isn't perfect), even with our injuries.

We have GIVEN our opposition every reason to win. When you turn the ball over you lose. So blame the refs...and blame Brunell...and blame Joe Gibbs...and let's trade Lavar.

Let's wipe the slate clean for a moment, shall we? Our turnover margin is now 0. If we can turn this into a positive...from here on out...I GUARANTEE we make the playoffs. You heard it here first, baby.

I love the Skins no matter WHAT, homers

Other then look better then Holdman, which isn't exactly hard to do, what has Lavar done to make you think he's worth the contract he's got? One of the best defenders, I'm not to sure about that I'll take

1. Sean Taylor

2. Marcus Washington

3. Corn. Griffin

4. Shawn Springs

Lavar makes more then all those guys and is not as important as them. Lavar is a good player but he's getting franchise player money, he is not a franchise player.

well lemme see... have you seen any the players listed above read a play on goalline like lavar did on sunday? hmmm i think not... dont get me wrong i luv those guys above and they are good at what they do specially taylor but lavar is also great at what he does. dont hate, participate.

well lemme see... have you seen any the players listed above read a play on goalline like lavar did on sunday? hmmm i think not... dont get me wrong i luv those guys above and they are good at what they do specially taylor but lavar is also great at what he does. dont hate, participate.

I have no response for you except this, I think Lavar is overrated, you think Lavar is not overrated, now nothing I type or you type is going to change are respective view points, so you are correct in your belief that Lavar is great and I'm correct in my view point that Lavar ain't.

Clinton is too busy worrying about stupid homo characters than concentrating on the big prize. No way Gibbs would have tolerated this in his first tenure. He is becoming too soft and personally I think he needs to go back to Nascar. Heck I think Ralph Friegen would be a better coach then what Gibbs has shown thus far. :2cents:

WAY OFF BASE ON THE GIBBS COMMENT!!!!!!:tantrum: :cuss:

Archived