Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's Day

STLACP

I thought that Sean Taylor had a really great game today. He was all over the place, making hard hits and knocking balls away. Its just too bad our offense couldn't get things going.

He had a great day but did mess up on the blown coverage on the Gabriel play. Other than that he made all the difference in our D today.

I thought that Sean Taylor had a really great game today. He was all over the place, making hard hits and knocking balls away. Its just too bad our offense couldn't get things going.

and too bad the rest of the secondary decided to pretty much take the day off.

He had a great day but did mess up on the blown coverage on the Gabriel play. Other than that he made all the difference in our D today.

On that play we were in a 2 deep zone and the Raiders gave us 2 threats vertical.

At that point Taylor has to make a decision on who to go with.

The inside guy was Randy Moss.

9 times out of 10 that's the right move.

he was great, but he still needs to learn when to hit them, on some plays trying to deflect the ball would be the better play

Porter is lucky that his head is still attached to his body...what a hit! I cannot believe he held onto the ball either...amazing catch, really.

Did anyone else see that they had Taylor blitzing almost exclusively up the middle? WTF is up with that? Blitz him from the edges so he can use his speed! :mad:

Sean did have a great game. I am glad that got pointed out. He stays with receivers pretty well downfield one on one as well. We didn't lose it for lack of Sean's effort today. Again, every time there is a catch I look up to see Walt Harris is in the vicinity, not to mention we forgot to cover the RB and TE today.

yea i noticed that, but it didnt look like it was entirely his fault, it looked like he was confused because he didnt know who to cover, but other than that he did have a great game, and also came away with an INT.

The raiders score a lot more than 16 points if ST doesn't play today. It just sux that we give up 16 points and we only score 13, seven of those from the defense. It seems like the defense and offense cant play well in the same game. The D was really good today and the O sucked, while the O was good last week and the D sucked. We have to pull it together and play complete ball games. Everyone needs to keep there head up and focus on SD next week.

and too bad the rest of the secondary decided to pretty much take the day off.

Thank god an attempt at a positive thread after a sorry-azz game was able to be intercepted before there were three positive posts in a row. :applause:

You didn't get in enough "venting" :rolleyes: during the game thread.

Archived