Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raiders cannot stop Skins O

trez

Between Moss, Portis, Cooley and now a (hopefully) legit number 2 WR in Jacobs, the Skins will be too balanced to stop on O. They can't drop too many people into coverage because Portis will run rampant through the secondary. They can't load the box because their corners won't be able to cover our WR's. I think we'll open the game with a few screens to soften things up, hit a few long passes and then run the ball all the second half. This will sapp their defense. Once they're tired and playing run, we hit some huge bombs on play action passes. I think the skins O is in for a huge game.

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo:

Jacobs isn't our #2 receiver now, Thrash is. Something tells me that Jacobs is going to be a bust. It's not like he never gets a chance or is always hurt or doesn't know the playbook - he is always just listed as 4th on the depth chart. If he were worth the 2nd round pick, he would have played by now.

Between Moss, Portis, Cooley and now a (hopefully) legit number 2 WR in Jacobs, the Skins will be too balanced to stop on O. They can't drop too many people into coverage because Portis will run rampant through the secondary. They can't load the box because their corners won't be able to cover our WR's. I think we'll open the game with a few screens to soften things up, hit a few long passes and then run the ball all the second half. This will sapp their defense. Once they're tired and playing run, we hit some huge bombs on play action passes. I think the skins O is in for a huge game.

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo:

Yea, Thrash is our #2 now. Also, I DO NOT want to see more than 1 or 2 screens ALL game. I'm sick of defenses knowing we're going to do it everytime(see bucs game for details!)

nothing is guaranteed in the NFL

Exactly. People talk about the Lions being a trap game for Dallas. I say that this is a trap game for a Washington team that'll probably be feeling a little ****y at home and realizing that they almost got the win in Tampa. Anything can happen here. The Raiders are one of the best teams in the NFL with a losing record.

I thought the Bucs game would be a win, but I've had this game circled all year as "Trouble." When you don't rush the qb well and your secondary is banged up and underperforming, the Raiders become a scary team. Collins is a statue, but he can wing the ball. Moss, Porter, Gabriel, and Jordan are all legit threats. And our offense isn't THAT good.

Granted, I'm an idiot. I figured the Giants game would come down to a fied goal, I didn't think the Bucs would score more than 10 points, and now I'm afraid of the Raiders.

Don't listen to me.

Exactly. People talk about the Lions being a trap game for Dallas. I say that this is a trap game for a Washington team that'll probably be feeling a little ****y at home and realizing that they almost got the win in Tampa. Anything can happen here. The Raiders are one of the best teams in the NFL with a losing record.

u cowboy fan.. raiders, one of the best.. so how much best teams are there.. so ur saying they are one of the best alongside indy.. u are trippin.. they have a d that cant get it together. and keryy collins running the show on O , is the best.. u got to get ur teams right.. from top to bottom.. im from the bay area, and i would choose the radiers as my team of the bay, but when i watch them.. theyre just plain awefull.. that kerry collins pass to moss that was int for a return.. even if that reciver did catch it, he was way short of the firstdown.. and theres norve turner.. one of the best coaches in the nfl?? hmmm.. i can garentee u, this cowboy doesnt know his teams correctly..

Fine. But can we stop their's?

And there is the million dollar question. This is either going to be a shootout (in which case either team could win), or our defense is going wake up and we will blow them out. There is NO WAY that Oakland runs away with this one. I think they are a better team than their record states, but this game is in Fed EX.

u cowboy fan.. raiders, one of the best.. so how much best teams are there.. so ur saying they are one of the best alongside indy.. u are trippin.. they have a d that cant get it together. and keryy collins running the show on O , is the best.. u got to get ur teams right.. from top to bottom.. im from the bay area, and i would choose the radiers as my team of the bay, but when i watch them.. theyre just plain awefull.. that kerry collins pass to moss that was int for a return.. even if that reciver did catch it, he was way short of the firstdown.. and theres norve turner.. one of the best coaches in the nfl?? hmmm.. i can garentee u, this cowboy doesnt know his teams correctly..

He said one of the best teams "with a losing record". ;)

Some Redskins fans need to practice a little reading comprehension it seems. I said they are one of the best teams with a losing record sherlock. In other words, not to be underestimated. Their record is deceiving.

Trap. Game.

The key to this game is getting to Kerry Collins. We have to rattle him. He is not a mobile guy, he make bad decisions if he is lured into them. If he is off rhythm then the WR become less effective.

I don't see LaMont Jordan breaking a big run. Well at least I think/hope someone in the secondary can catch him. He should not be a problem for us, but certainly we will need to tackle him.

How insightful:rolleyes:

There is no way to predict how games will unfold week to week in the NFL and anyone who tries is an idiot. Predicting who will win is about as far as one can go.

Football has more to do with EMOTION than ability. Teams/Players that are in the right mental state perform well. That's why decent to good teams that are coming off losses and home underdogs are so dangerous.

Archived