Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smith vs. Moss

tlk2rn

In Charlotte people are raving over the play of WR Steve Smith. He is having a stellar season. But so is Santana Moss. They are putting up the identical numbers:

Smith: 58 rec., 937 yds., 16.2 yds. per cth., longest reception 80,

9 tds.

Moss: 53 rec., 935 yds., 17.6 yds. per cth., longest reception 78,

5 tds.

They are the same type receiver, same size, same 40 everything. So who is the best, and who would you rather have on your team.

Smith has been more consistant over the years. He's put up a 90 catch season before I believe.

Not quite true. Both Smith's and Moss' career's are similar. The year Steve Smith had 88 catches, 1110 yards and 7 TDs. Santana that same season had 74 catches 1105 yards and 10 TDs. Their numbers are eerily similar . They are both at the exact same point in their career's. I'd have to call it a push.

I can't pick one. I think they're clearly the top two in the NFC right this minute, but can't say which is which.

As for the second part of the question. I definitely want Santana on my team. There is not a single receiver, and probably not a single player, that I'd trade him straight up for right now. That's saying a lot, considering I thought the trade to get him was a mistake. :doh:

In Charlotte people are raving over the play of WR Steve Smith. He is having a stellar season. But so is Santana Moss. They are putting up the identical numbers:

Smith: 58 rec., 937 yds., 16.2 yds. per cth., longest reception 80,

9 tds.

Moss: 53 rec., 935 yds., 17.6 yds. per cth., longest reception 78,

5 tds.

They are the same type receiver, same size, same 40 everything. So who is the best, and who would you rather have on your team.

Trade Lavar arington for smith then we could have 2 barn burners. LOL

I'm going to get bashed for this, but I believe Smith is having the better year than Moss. Moss is getting a lot of his yards off screens whereas Smith is catching balls and getting by defenders in the open field to get most of his yards.

?????

Moss had one WR screen play break open, the one against KC. Where have you not seen Moss get by DB's to get yardage this year.

I really believe that while both players possess great talent, their success is partially due to the systems they play in. I think if they were to swap teams, both of their numbers would falter initially -- and perhaps long term as well. (As an example, look at Randy Moss.)

It may sound biased, but I would rather have moss. I know that Steve Smith has had a great season and he started to get recognition during the playoffs two years ago, but Moss has always been a great player in New York. They just didn't give the ball to him enough. I would say that last year during the playoffs during the steelers he made that huge punt return for touchdown in the playoffs and who could forget the two clutch touchdown receptions that he made against Dallas. In my mind, he is the true Cowboy Killa! So my nod goes to moss, even though smith is on my fantasy team and I got him in steal in a late round.

Archived