Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rising Star in Washington

RedzoneHunter

I've seen all the negativity on these boards, picking out your least favorite Redskins and the like, but I'd rather focus on the positive. Who do you think has really started to step up in the play making department? Mark Brunnel and Santana Moss are no brainers, but I'd like to recognize Mike Sellers. Not only does he lead the team in touchdowns, but I'll never forget the way he blew up Brian Dawkins. Dawkins was actually fearful when he realized he had to try and tackle this locomotive. Folks, I don't know about you, but we gotta find a way to get the ball in Sellers hands more often!!! He always gives 110 %!

Way to go Mike!

I like Sellers also. There are quite a few little to noname players who for one reason or another contribute on a big play each week. There is no one player that really sticks out in mind. Sure Moss maybe, but does he contribute anymore than Cooley?

Where the heck did Salavea (sp) come from last week? Koslowski? whos that? almost came up with a big catch for us. I like it, because it is a mix mash of players working together, maybe not all the time perfectly, but dam if dont look they are trying the hardest. I am tired of negativity also. Gibbs looks like he is really back in the game these days I tell you that too.

I've seen all the negativity on these boards, picking out your least favorite Redskins and the like, but I'd rather focus on the positive. Who do you think has really started to step up in the play making department? Mark Brunnel and Santana Moss are no brainers, but I'd like to recognize Mike Sellers. Not only does he lead the team in touchdowns, but I'll never forget the way he blew up Brian Dawkins. Dawkins was actually fearful when he realized he had to try and tackle this locomotive. Folks, I don't know about you, but we gotta find a way to get the ball in Sellers hands more often!!! He always gives 110 %!

Way to go Mike!

Sellers, Cooley, Clark. Arrington has stepped up his game since getting back in.

The rising star on this team is Santana Moss. People see his play and assume he's always been this way, he hasn't. The Jets were glad to be rid of him and get back Coles becasue Moss was viewed as a #2 receiver by them and most of the league. The guy gets here and is given a chance to prove them all wrong....and does exactly that.

Ryan Clark. He is very dependable and hits harder then what people think. He makes play after play and he wasnt even expected to make the roster. He will be a great SS for a long time playing next to Taylor. Could be the best tandem in the league for years to come.

Another one where people might think I am crazy is Parsons, the WR out of Maryland. The guy has great ability and can easily be a very good wideout. He never had a great QB throwing to him at MD and many of the DB's he had to face have been first day picks in the draft. All he needs is a chance. Once he cracks the active roster and makes a few plays, thatll be all she wrote.

Our guards have been outstanding and deserve rcognition.. Derrick Dockery has played very well this season and so has Randy Thomas.

Defensively, I love everything I've seen out of Carlos Rogers. They're bringing him along slowly, but he's been reliable when called upon and has shown me he's an outstanding tackler and good run supporter from the corner along with his cover skills.

~Bang

Our guards have been outstanding and deserve rcognition.. Derrick Dockery has played very well this season and so has Randy Thomas.

Defensively, I love everything I've seen out of Carlos Rogers. They're bringing him along slowly, but he's been reliable when called upon and has shown me he's an outstanding tackler and good run supporter from the corner along with his cover skills.

~Bang

Hasn't Dockery been a huge problem in giving up sacks?

Sean Taylor is my favorite player. But damnnn, Sellers and Betts have really stepped up this season. I almost wrote Betts off during the Spurrier era. Was pissed that Gibbs kept him intially.

Both have stepped up to the plate and done what has been asked of them.

I hope Taylor Jacobs plays this week. Wants to see what he can do w/ more PT.

Archived