Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rising Star in Washington

RedzoneHunter

Mike Sellers, Chris Cooley, and Ladell Betts. All three have come up big for us this season. Sellers is a touchdown machine, Chris Cooley plays with a lot of heart and catches just about everything in sight, and Ladell is a great combination with Portis. I sure hope that these guys are with us for a long time.

Sellers definately hes been geting all the td's that cooley use to catch in the redzone last year.One thing I love about Gibbs's offense is he figures out a way to use everyone he has.I mean look at last week when he had Betts lined as a slot receiver and Kozlowski making plays out of no where, Joe Gibbs definately has a knack for players.

it will...i got that funny little feeling:silly:

This is JT's time to shine. So far, he hasn't shown any signs of toughness, which is required at this level. And after three years, if he fails to take advantage of this golden opportunity, we may be looking at another one of Spurrier's (Fla. Gators) busts.

I hope he shines.

I've seen all the negativity on these boards, picking out your least favorite Redskins and the like, but I'd rather focus on the positive. Who do you think has really started to step up in the play making department? Mark Brunnel and Santana Moss are no brainers, but I'd like to recognize Mike Sellers. Not only does he lead the team in touchdowns, but I'll never forget the way he blew up Brian Dawkins. Dawkins was actually fearful when he realized he had to try and tackle this locomotive. Folks, I don't know about you, but we gotta find a way to get the ball in Sellers hands more often!!! He always gives 110 %!

Way to go Mike!

You're dead on with Sellers. I thought he'd be a great "Gibbs Type" his first time around. The fact he actually has flourished under Gibbs is awesome... The pride of Walla Walla CC!

Rabach, Betts and Ryan Clark also come to mind. I'm hoping one of the Clemons brothers "breaks out" as a pass rusher.

Cooley seems to have been forgotten in this thread. He's very much a Frank Wychek-type player. Just like Gibbs envisioned when drafting him. :)

You're so right! Cooley is a Wychek clone. He and Sellers make a great pair. I can't understand why Sellers hasn't replaced Royal at Tight End yet though. There's nothing that Royal can do that can't be done better by Sellers. And I mean nothing, not blocking, not catching passes or running after the catch.

Frankly, I'm not that impressed with Royal. Especially after he dropped every pass thrown to him in the Giants game, all four of them. Then he got hurt doing nothing. Sellers has more than earned his shot.

Archived