Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley vs. Coles

andavy

Place your bets now -

Who's going to end the regular season with better stats?

Right now, they're neck & neck!

L. Coles WR, NYJ 44 rec 479 yards 10.9 ypc 53.2 ypg 31 (long) 2 td

Chris Cooley TE, WAS 41 rec 469 yards 11.4 ypc 52.1 ypg 32 (long) 2 td

Not really a fair comparison, Coles doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to him. Bollinger is what, their fourth string QB.

yea you could say that....you could also say here is an H-back that has a HIGHER % of yards per catch than a suppose game breaker....any wonder why we sucked last year? Coles just can't run after the catch like he used to before the toe injury.

How is Cooley? He took himself out at the end of the Tampa game and I haven't heard anything else about him.

I used the search function and found the old thread on Griffin and Tayor injuries. I thought I understood that are official injury report comes out on Wednesdays. I would be interested in finding out his status as well. Bowen is another. If Taylor is out, we need some depth at safety.

I used the search function and found the old thread on Griffin and Tayor injuries. I thought I understood that are official injury report comes out on Wednesdays. I would be interested in finding out his status as well. Bowen is another. If Taylor is out, we need some depth at safety.

It seems that we have a ton of strong safeties, though (yeah, yeah I know there is no distinction in a G. Williams scheme......)

Let me say a few things about Coles:

I hate the guy. I think it was weak of him to force a trade after the team paid him all that money and sent 90 balls his way.

Having said that, I live in NY and have watched him play a fair bit. I'm a little skeptical that the toe injury is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. He looks fast and explosive to me. His problem this year is 100% an issue of the team he is on. That's not to say that Moss isn't a better fit for the Skins, but it's a little naive to look at LC's stats and not consider how disfunctional that offense is. Their line is a disaster and they are on their fourth QB... Cooley is great, but I bet Coles would be too in this offense.

Though what....? All I'm saying is that if Taylor is out, and Bowens left the field in T.B. hurting, we are in need of healthy safeties. WTF!

Relax....take a deep breath......my comment was tangential to yours, not a direct response.

Yes, you are correct. We are in need of healthy safeties. Can I make my statement now? Thanks.

It seems to me that the strength of our remaining safeties is their run support and toughness rather than their coverage ability. Taylor being out makes me nervous about our deep coverage.

Relax....take a deep breath......my comment was tangential to yours, not a direct response.

Yes, you are correct. We are in need of healthy safeties. Can I make my statement now? Thanks.

It seems to me that the strength of our remaining safeties is their run support and toughness rather than their coverage ability. Taylor being out makes me nervous about our deep coverage.

Andy..I didn't mean to rush your statement. ;) If Taylor doesn't play on Sunday, it could make for an interesting game. We are definitely lacking on deep coverage without him(TB game). If he doesn't play, I'm extremely worried we might be seriously burnt downfield. The Raiders have the personnel to do it. Bowens or not, we just don't have the coverage skills in the safety position without Taylor.

Well i havent even seen the polls, but i know who is the huge favorite due to current bias and the fact that you cant help love cooley, even if he was on a divion rival team i would still have great respect for him (yes im knocking on wood,throwing salt an salt shakers,heaving a black cat OVER a ladder with an umbrella on it..hoping that cooley is here forever which i think he will be)

Archived