Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you see Rome tonight?

Ghost of

utterly gruesome. I loved it.

Missed a bunch of episodes so I'm a tad lost....

If you have OnDemand, use it.

Man, that was one of the best scenes on film this year, TV or movie. It wasn't just gruesome, though. The emotional power, far superior to anything I've seen on TV or film this year.

I can't even talk, I have homework to do, but I just wanted to point that out.

And honestly, I can forget the Skins a bit after watching that show. Man...can't believe it actually got me to cry.

If you have OnDemand, use it.

Man, that was one of the best scenes on film this year, TV or movie. It wasn't just gruesome, though. The emotional power, far superior to anything I've seen on TV or film this year.

I can't even talk, I have homework to do, but I just wanted to point that out.

And honestly, I can forget the Skins a bit after watching that show. Man...can't believe it actually got me to cry.

awww :( don't cry, husband :kiss:

I thought of you when I went to Caesar's palace

Someone on another board had a great idea. A T-shirt with the Eagle symbol of the 13th with a XIII prominently displayed.

That would be awesome. I'd definitely buy one.

XIII!!!! And that last gladiator, I swore that was going to be it. I thought the show was basically going to have Pullo put up a spirited defense and that he'd die. But then when he couldn't stand and still screamed out "thirteen!"(so weak and pained, breaks the heart) and Vorenus puts his leather bracer up to his face and is fighting tears. The first time you see it, you're like "Do somethin', come on! YEAH!" (when he finally does.)

Absolutely amazing. Only thing I didn't like was Caesar buying some thug to off an opponent. That simply wasn't something Caesar did. He pardoned his enemies and possessed an incredible mind. His works of poetry and rhetoric are lost, but his historical account survives. Caesar was brutal in war, but as a ruler, he was far more likely to challenge an opponent to an open debate and win the crowd that way than to kill someone quietly.

Not to say in real life no one died, but that was one of the remarkable things about Caesar. In his case, the 'tyrant' was the good guy. It was the Patricians who wanted to maintain their privileged position and the state-enforced continuation of that.

Caesar was the spiritual heir to the Gracchi and Octavian would carry those reforms out. Unlike Caesar, however, Octavian killed his enemies. Sadly, he probably learned from his uncle's death that it was the only way to preserve Rome.

Archived