Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill O'Reilly takes aim at San Francisco

tapstaks2000

No Johnny, you do not know how or why they voted the way they did. You are looking at an extreme bunch of lunatics and equating an entire city to being that miniscule set. You are wrong, your post was wrong, and you should not be acting like you are. Go back and re-read the thread Johnny, you really look bad in it.

I don't care how I look in it. I doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the meaning behind the vote. Since you are a lib and there are others who hold the same views you have why don't you grace us with your reason why the citizens of San Francisco decided to bar the military from giving information out in high schools and colleges. Esp colleges.

Of course there are fools in San Franciso. There are a lot of fools all over the place. It tends to go with the normal course of action with humans. That's part of the reason why our republic was established: to limit the natural tendency for man to act foolish when governing. Now, we'll see if the recently voted laws do this in one direction or another. But, by and large, I don't think this law will make or break the military. After all, thinking about it from Sarge's POV, do we really want the military to recruit out of that city? :-P

Anyway, yeah, I've heard some real schmucks coming out of the Bay Area, such as the ones in the photo. But hey, it is one of those "good with the bad" type things of Free Speech. We just have to recognize it for what it is: dumb. That sort of mentality shouldn't equate to everyone, though, who may not agree with the direction of our government in Iraq.

Johnny

If the entire city of San Fran democratically voted to not have recruiters on campuses inst that called democracy. Democracy does not always lend the results you want Johnny but you must live with the result of what the people of San Fran want-- because thats democracy unless you want authoritative rule on them ( and possible the city of Dover PA as well) because you dont agree with what the people there want.

PS. My parents who have about 30 years between them of military service are disgusted at the thought of recruiters on a high school campus and mother has fought with the prinicpal over the idea-- does that make them treasonist Son of a B####es who are anti american ?

I'm not questioning their right to do this. What I am questioning is their motive for doing this? They must have a negative idea of the military for them to vote this way. It's not just in high schools but in colleges as well. People in college are adults. They can make up their own minds on what info they would like to be exposed to.

No Johnny, you do not know how or why they voted the way they did. You are looking at an extreme bunch of lunatics and equating an entire city to being that miniscule set. You are wrong, your post was wrong, and you should not be acting like you are. Go back and re-read the thread Johnny, you really look bad in it.

How can it be an "extreme bunch of ""miniscule"" lunitics" when a majority voted to keep recruiters out of schools?

Sorry, but it's more than obvious that you and a few otehr come pretty close to spooging yourself whenever you see news of this type of news. And despite your claims that that those losers are "exercising democracy", the truth is they're a detriment to the country. They offer nothing, and do nothing but fight against it's ideals. They are unpatriotic, and people that support them are unpatriotic as well.

Sorry that upsets your tea cart, but reality is reality

Hell, come to think of it, San Franfreako is probably the safest city in the country. Why would any one of our enemies get rid of these losers when they are doing so much for the other side?

Hell, come to think of it, San Franfreako is probably the safest city in the country. Why would any one of our enemies get rid of these losers when they are doing so much for the other side?

Yeah, because i'm sure Osama is, as you would say, a pot-smoking, gay lover.

Hey San Fran - Let your Freak Flag fly!!!!!!!

god-damn Grateful Dead. :doh:

Please spare me the pathetic rant based on lies and spin...

<snip>

This just proves my point on how out of touch with reality those on the left really are. If you don't feel the need to give people who defend this country enough respect to hear why they are doing this and what advantages you could recieve from doing the same you need to get your ass on a plane and leave because your nothing but a hypocrite and a two faced coward.

I assumed you served and served in combat??? Please elaborate...

Maybe we should ensure the military recruiters have access to all those private schools which our representative's sons and daughters attend. Maybe everyone should be required to sit down with a military recruiter, no parent could avoid it then. Maybe we should re-institute the draft. Is that too much or not enough?

Last I checked we have a volunteer force. If parents do not want their children talking to recruiters they should be able to decide that. The ones that want have the freedom to pursue it simply and easily. Why is it critical to have military recruiters in schools? What is gained beyond having a recruiting office available for anyone to walk into? I sure would not want my daughter serving under this President and would not want any military recruiter talking to her without my express permission (she is only 4 months old so they would not get very far in any case).

Oh, forgot to mentioned...

Served 8 years as a Naval Aviator. Walked in on my own. Flew combat missions over Iraq and received the Air Medal for those operations. Completed my service as an FA-18 instructor. Love my country and the Navy. Just do not see this President and his use of our all volunteer military as anything but a complete disaster.

Maybe we should ensure the military recruiters have access to all those private schools which our representative's sons and daughters attend. Maybe everyone should be required to sit down with a military recruiter, no parent could avoid it then. Maybe we should re-institute the draft. Is that too much or not enough?

Last I checked we have a volunteer force. If parents do not want their children talking to recruiters they should be able to decide that. The ones that want have the freedom to pursue it simply and easily. Why is it critical to have military recruiters in schools? What is gained beyond having a recruiting office available for anyone to walk into? I sure would not want my daughter serving under this President and would not want any military recruiter talking to her without my express permission (she is only 4 months old so they would not get very far in any case).

Served 8 years as a Naval Aviator. Walked in on my own. Flew combat missions over Iraq and received the Air Medal for those operations. Completed my service as an FA-18 instructor. Love my country and the Navy. Just do not see this President and his use of our all volunteer military as anything but a complete disaster.

So, California can decide that elementary kids aren't too young to be exposed to sex and can force them to fill out surveys related to sex, but teenagers can't hear from a recruiter? And it says that the nenny state knows better than parents in matter related to sex, but suddenly they're all concerned about parents rights in regard to the military?

Please

School sex survey lawsuit thrown out

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A federal appeals court Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit by parents outraged that the Palmdale school district in California surveyed their elementary school children about sex.

The three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the parents' claim that they have the exclusive right to tell their children about sex.

In upholding a lower court ruling against the parents, Circuit Judge Stephen Reinhardt said "no such specific right can be found in the deep roots of the nation's history and tradition or implied in the concept of ordered liberty."

The appeals court noted that other courts have upheld mandatory health classes, a school system's condom distribution program and compulsory sex ed.

The parents had sought unspecified damages.

An attorney for the parents, Erik Gunderson, said he was considering an appeal. The district's attorney, Dennis Walsh, said the survey was part of a legitimate effort aimed at helping students.

The district dropped the survey in 2002 amid complaints from parents.

It was given to children in the first, third and fifth grades as part of a program to gauge early trauma and help youngsters overcome barriers to learning.

Among other things, the students were asked how often they thought about sex.

Parents whose students took the survey signed consent forms. But the forms never mentioned sex would be a topic.

Palmdale is in northeast Los Angeles County in Southern California.

really? no, you must be kidding. i know for a fact that Osama and other right-wing militant Muslims are the most open-minded gay-loving, pro-choicing, pot-smoking, feminists around.

Hail,

Chris

Osama would refer to the people in the pics I posted as "Useful idiots". Which is what history calls them as well

i never said i agreed with the people in the pictures. just that i think they have a right to state their opinion, which they did and they won the election, right-wingers are just going to have to face that fact. if people wanted recruiters to come onto high school and college campuses they would have voted for it.

good night all,

chris

p.s. once again - love to ALL Americans

Listen guys, regardless of personal feelings or political stances. This is EXACTLY what democracy is about. The good citizens of San Francisco decided it was in THEIR best interest to not allow military recruiters in schools(or whatever it was). Sure, we may each have our individual opinion on the vote but the overall consensus is democratic, regardless of the result.

I watch O'Reilly, and I tell you this really disturbs me that he would stoop so low. I mean it makes me sad when I see banners like in Sarge's post (We Support Our Troops When They Shoot Their Officers) but still, theres no reason for Bill to make such hateful comments, a man in his position should be above that.

And Sarge, your initial post is horrible man. I appreciate your service to this country, you have seen and done far more than I could dream but we are ALL Americans first and foremost, we should never wish harm on one another.

Yes, I am a 5 yr Vet. Yes, I supported combat operations in the Balkans. Why is it a problem for a recruiter to hand out information and see if anyone is interested in joining? Nobody is forced to see anyone. Quit trying to make this something out to be more then it is. When I was in high school they made and annoucement to seniors asking if anyone was interested in the armed forces. If so, go to room whatever and talk to the branch rep your interested in. You went there and talked to an NCO. If you didn't think it was for you you left and that was it.

Your thoughts about the President's use of the military have nothing to do with this.

Listen guys, regardless of personal feelings or political stances. This is EXACTLY what democracy is about. The good citizens of San Francisco decided it was in THEIR best interest to not allow military recruiters in schools(or whatever it was). Sure, we may each have our individual opinion on the vote but the overall consensus is democratic, regardless of the result.

I watch O'Reilly, and I tell you this really disturbs me that he would stoop so low. I mean it makes me sad when I see banners like in Sarge's post (We Support Our Troops When They Shoot Their Officers) but still, theres no reason for Bill to make such hateful comments, a man in his position should be above that.

And Sarge, your initial post is horrible man. I appreciate your service to this country, you have seen and done far more than I could dream but we are ALL Americans first and foremost, we should never wish harm on one another.

Nobody is questioning whether they have a right to do this or not. However, just like there right to express their opinion by voting I can express my opinion my calling them a bunch of morons for it.

I guess you can lump me in with the right wing extremists but you have to think if something ever did happen and San Fran was threatened by invasion. Why should the military defend them when they think so low of the military they don't want recruiters in schools or colleges?

Why should the military defend them when they think so low of the military they don't want recruiters in schools or colleges?

Umm...because that's their job? Because we're paying them all to provide security for our country?

Now, if the people of San Francisco had voted to stop paying taxes to the federal government because they don't want to support the military, you might have a point.

Tolerance (n) Leftist code term for "If it feels good, do it"

Usage

"Be tolerant if someone is advocating bringing down the country"

"Be tolerant if someone is breaking the law"

"Be tolerant of others that practice alternative lifestyles that don't match normal, acceptable behavior in society"

"Be tolerant of those that want ot change/destroy your way of life"

Ala France

Spare me the rhetoric. I get it. You're a right-winger. You can define tolerance however you want. Hell, that seems to be the conservative MO. The fact of the matter is you agree with this guy because SF is highly populated with gays and people who disagree with you. Therefore you wouldn't care if it was destroyed.

Your warped views disgust me.

Nobody is questioning whether they have a right to do this or not. However, just like there right to express their opinion by voting I can express my opinion my calling them a bunch of morons for it.

I guess you can lump me in with the right wing extremists but you have to think if something ever did happen and San Fran was threatened by invasion. Why should the military defend them when they think so low of the military they don't want recruiters in schools or colleges?

Because they're part of America. You wackos seem to forget that sometimes, when people disagree with you, they might not hate America or be evil, they might just disagree with you.

Because they're part of America. You wackos seem to forget that sometimes, when people disagree with you, they might not hate America or be evil, they might just disagree with you.

:snicker:

for those who care what makes me snicker is that he makes a statement like that, and in the picture in his signiture he has a quote that makes it snickerable to his statement

Hmmm, How to put this in the most straight forward way without politics...

The reason our Voluntary force works is because it makes itself known to the young High School and College age personnel that are willing to join. If you remove that you remove the ability for it to fucnction in its current form and it will need to be re-tooled.

Votes have consequences. If you wish to change the way things work you must then be willing to take the alternative. If you do away with the Voluntary aspect of the Military you then must be willing to accept the non-voluntary or draft aspect. That way it is equal for all personnel correct?

S.F. Has the Right to vote as a majority to remove military recruiters from thier school systems. The state of Califonrnia has a right to negate that.

Judicial law in California has previously said the parents do not have the right to do this in schools, so it should be removed in the 11th Circuit or the Supreme Court.

Tell me you don't agree that an entire populace can remove itself from "real" voluntary populating the Military and not have any repercussions do you?

Read this: It will open your eyes: Its not normally the poor black child or the Rich kid. Its the lower middle/middle white student: http://www.freep.com/news/education/military26e_20050426.htm

(somehow the "Blizzard" of paperwork is all as a Parent I have to do to ensure my child gets and education) all 12 pieces of them :). They can already Opt out their child...

Here Read this:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military/july-dec04/recruit_12-13.html

Good post FH, I agree completely

Because they are part of this country. Why should Texas get any of their tax money? Why should my state, Massachusetts get less in tax money then Wyoming, when we pay twice as much as them? This is America Johnny, and they have a right to their point of view if you like it or not. Just because you don't agree wit it does not mean you should advocate their distruction, which is exactly what you are doing.

You said you guess you are a right wing extremeist, well then I guess you are right. Your posts make you no better then the wackos in the pictures Sarge posted. The only difference is you are on opposing ideologies, but you equally have distain for this country and its democracy, that is for sure.

Archived