Extremeskins

Bill O'Reilly takes aim at San Francisco

tapstaks2000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10004302/

Bill O'Reilly takes aim at San Francisco

Fox host reportedly said it was OK for terrorists to target the city

MSNBC

Updated: 1:03 p.m. ET Nov. 11, 2005

Does Bill O'Reilly have it in for the city by the bay?

San Franciscans have been in an uproar this week over apparent comments by the host of Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" that it was A-OK for terrorists to wipe the city off the map.

At issue are comments from O'Reilly's Election Day broadcast on his syndicated Westwood One radio show about a San Francisco ballot measure opposing the presence of military recruiters in city schools.

"Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead," O'Reilly said, according to a transcript and audio posted by liberal media watchdog group Media Matters for America, and by the San Francisco Chronicle.

"And if al-Qaida comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead," O'Reilly continued, referring to the 1933 San Francisco landmark that sits atop Telegraph Hill.

Adding to the buzz was the archived version of O'Reilly's Tuesday show, which omitted the incendiary comments, according to Bay Area TV station KNTV.

City officials were not amused. "It sounds like he's on the same medication Rush Limbaugh is addicted to, and he should go see a therapist,'' Board of Supervisors President Aaron Peskin, whose district includes the tower, told the Chronicle.

Neither O'Reilly nor Fox News have yet commented on the dust-up.

'The big digit to the military'?

As for the ballot measure, which urged local high schools and colleges to bar military recruiters from their campuses, it passed with 60 percent of San Franciscans in favor of it.

The radio show was not the only time O'Reilly commented on the ballot proposition. On his Monday night "O'Reilly Factor," he tangled with Angela Alioto, the former president of the city's Board of Supervisors.

"Why should the rest of the country protect your butt, with all due respect, OK, when it comes to the war on terror, if San Francisco is going to thumb your nose and give the big digit to the military? Why should ... why should we protect you from al-Qaida and terrorists if you're going to disrespect the military, by passing this ... even though it's symbolic ... this resolution?" he asked Alioto.

Alioto briefly tripped up O'Reilly during her appearance, pointing out that he had conflated the military-recruitment measure with another measure to ban handguns. That measure also passed, 58 percent to 42 percent.

© 2005 MSNBC Interactive

WHile I don't wish to see any American city nuked, if one deserves it, it's San Fransickco and all the dope smoking, gay lovin' hippies that live there.

It's too bad we can't take all those types and put them in one central spot and say "Here ya go boys, be-head away". I'd love to hear the screams for the military to come save them.

It makes me wanna puke sometimes thinking that those types enjoy the freedom which I and 1.6 million others bust our humps to provide every day of the week.

Its called sarcasm... look it up..

I do agree that since S.F. did away with the Recruiters their Selective Service numbers should start at 1 and go from there....

No. It's called propaganda, from a supposedly "fair and balanced" news source. And it's not even slightly close to being the least bit professional.

Its called sarcasm... look it up..

I do agree that since S.F. did away with the Recruiters their Selective Service numbers should start at 1 and go from there....

Maybe it is sarcasm, but he shouldn't be saying it; I know he can't help it being a total scumbag.

Well, c'mon, foloks. Do you folks have any idea how tough it is to stand out in the right-wing mouth-foaming propagandist profession these days?

How do you expect folks to increase their market share? There's only so many red states on the map?

Glad to see tolerance reigns supreme. Sarge, your callous double standards never cease to amaze me.

Tolerance (n) Leftist code term for "If it feels good, do it"

Usage

"Be tolerant if someone is advocating bringing down the country"

"Be tolerant if someone is breaking the law"

"Be tolerant of others that practice alternative lifestyles that don't match normal, acceptable behavior in society"

"Be tolerant of those that want ot change/destroy your way of life"

Ala France

the dude is almost as incompetent as Pat Robertson, both of them are hypocritical ***** ass pieces of ****.

You beat me too it, It's an identical ultimatium threat, just like the one Robertson made about the ID being voted out. He is a fruitcake. I agree with alot of issues he raises, not ness. his solutions, but the issues.

Still he is a fruitcake, and is making more enimies by the day.

Well, c'mon, foloks. Do you folks have any idea how tough it is to stand out in the right-wing mouth-foaming propagandist profession these days?

How do you expect folks to increase their market share? There's only so many red states on the map?

:laugh:

Yea, I've been avoiding the talk shows lately, but I can't imaging their take on everything going on right now.

What about a US city trying to bar the US military from trying to recruit people to defend this country? That in itself is treasonous.

Amen, O'Reilly was out of line, but it's small potatoes compared to the crap San Francisco is trying to pull. But try telling that to the far left who gets the freedom to spew their crap from the very military they despise and try to undermine.

Bill O'Reilly and Pat Robertson are dopes. But we have the First Amendment. Which means they have the freedom to say what they want. No sane person should wish a terrorist attack on ANY American city nor should a so called "Man Of God" advocate a disaster on ANY American city. If Bill and Pat want to sound like idiots then let them.

Archived