Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill O'Reilly takes aim at San Francisco

tapstaks2000

What about a US city trying to bar the US military from trying to recruit people to defend this country? That in itself is treasonous.

Y'know, it's amazing how, along with the rightward dragging of words like "liberal" and "moderate" (example: Just notice how "liberal" Sandra Day O'Conner has become since Bush has a chance to replace her?) I'm starting to get really annoyed at the cries of "treason" whenever somebody opposes Bush's tax plan.

I'm sorry, but which part of the Constitution requires local juristictions to grant access to military recruiters?

Now, as to the first part of the "whenever someone does something you don't like, lie about what they did" tactic: The city didn't "bar the US military from trying to recruit people to defend this country". What they did do was bar the military from recruiting in a location where children are required by law to be, without parents around.

If those same schools were teaching people that condoms exist, the Treason Police would be leading the charge to defend a parent's right to have their child protected from "the government using their controll of the schools to shove an agenda down their children's throats".

But if the school's (or the government's) agenda is to get kids to go Die for Haliburton, well it's "treasonous" for the voters to tell their government "no".

(And yes, I know that "Die for Haliburton" is both over the top and untrue. I have no idea what motivated me to begin to "spew" things that were over the top and untrue.)

Amen, O'Reilly was out of line, but it's small potatoes compared to the crap San Francisco is trying to pull. But try telling that to the far left who gets the freedom to spew their crap from the very military they despise and try to undermine.

Now let's see:

1. Advocating that the federal government should use their power to tax the citizens of this country for the purposes of punishing localities who vote the way the federal government doesn't like.
  2. Advocating a terrorist attack against that same city, for the same reason.
  3. The citizens of that city voting to slightly regulate the activities of their government.

Yep, you're right. #3 is obviously, grossly "big potatoes" compared to #s 1 and 2.

And also, thank you for the sterling example of "freedom to spew crap".

I wonder how many folks here were recruited into the military out of school compared to the number that joined because they wanted to or made the decision on their own? If we have an all volunteer army, then citizens will find their way into its ranks, regardless of recruiters in schools. Also, seeing how there are probably citizens of the Bay Area and San Francisco who are probably in Iraq as well as in the military as a whole, it is incredible that O'Reilly, and folks on this forum, are somehow advocating its destruction because they made a decision that was determined by its citizens. Heck, I thought the handgun violation was stupid, too, but that will probably come to a judicial challenge, and I am not advocating that terrorists gun down the city's citizens because of the firearm ban.

It is amazing how many folks, while preaching about patriotism, have little problem advocating violence against fellow citizens. That is hypocritical, a bit fascist, and a clear sign of the State.

Bill O'Reilly and Pat Robertson are dopes. But we have the First Amendment. Which means they have the freedom to say what they want. No sane person should wish a terrorist attack on ANY American city nor should a so called "Man Of God" advocate a disaster on ANY American city. If Bill and Pat want to sound like idiots then let them.

BBRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUSCHIIIIIIII

It is amazing how many folks, while preaching about patriotism, have little problem advocating violence against fellow citizens. That is hypocritical, a bit fascist, and a clear sign of the State.

So true. It always amazes me how pepole can andovacte Patriotism, yet act like they want a totalitarian state. It isn't creeping fascism, it's fascism.

Y'know, it's amazing how, along with the rightward dragging of words like "liberal" and "moderate" (example: Just notice how "liberal" Sandra Day O'Conner has become since Bush has a chance to replace her?) I'm starting to get really annoyed at the cries of "treason" whenever somebody opposes Bush's tax plan.

I'm sorry, but which part of the Constitution requires local juristictions to grant access to military recruiters?

Now, as to the first part of the "whenever someone does something you don't like, lie about what they did" tactic: The city didn't "bar the US military from trying to recruit people to defend this country". What they did do was bar the military from recruiting in a location where children are required by law to be, without parents around.

If those same schools were teaching people that condoms exist, the Treason Police would be leading the charge to defend a parent's right to have their child protected from "the government using their controll of the schools to shove an agenda down their children's throats".

But if the school's (or the government's) agenda is to get kids to go Die for Haliburton, well it's "treasonous" for the voters to tell their government "no".

(And yes, I know that "Die for Haliburton" is both over the top and untrue. I have no idea what motivated me to begin to "spew" things that were over the top and untrue.)

Please spare me the pathetic rant based on lies and spin...

Which part of the Constitution allows institutions which recieve federal funds to bar members of a branch of the federal government to give information reguarding public service to their country? These are not "children" but 17 and 18 yr olds getting ready to graduate high school and people in college. You are not allowed to sign up for the military until your 18 yrs old anyway so your that whole argument is based on BS and misinformation.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to. All they are doing is giving information on a possible career they could have as an ADULT. Adding the idiotic remark about "die for haliburton" further proves how radical and foolish you really are.

This just proves my point on how out of touch with reality those on the left really are. If you don't feel the need to give people who defend this country enough respect to hear why they are doing this and what advantages you could recieve from doing the same you need to get your ass on a plane and leave because your nothing but a hypocrite and a two faced coward.

Now let's see:

1. Advocating that the federal government should use their power to tax the citizens of this country for the purposes of punishing localities who vote the way the federal government doesn't like.
  2. Advocating a terrorist attack against that same city, for the same reason.
  3. The citizens of that city voting to slightly regulate the activities of their government.

Yep, you're right. #3 is obviously, grossly "big potatoes" compared to #s 1 and 2.

And also, thank you for the sterling example of "freedom to spew crap".

"3. The citizens of that city voting to slightly regulate the activities of their government."

slightly regulate?

Don't you just love the spin!! :rolleyes:

No one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to. All they are doing is giving information on a possible career they could have as an ADULT. Adding the idiotic remark about "die for haliburton" further proves how radical and foolish you really are.

Actually, in some ways, he is right about the Halliburton comment. Ever heard of Smedley Butler? A highly decorated Marine Corp general, he felt that, as an officer in the early part of the 20th century, that he spent a lot of his time fighting for Big Business. His "War is a Racket" writing displays his feeling on the subject:

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

And remember Ike speaking about the the military-industrial complex?

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

It is the abuse of the military, by those often least deserving of the men and women in its ranks, that is of concern. And that abuse by corporate powers is an old story in this nation; it is worthy to take note of this history.

WHile I don't wish to see any American city nuked, if one deserves it, it's San Fransickco and all the dope smoking, gay lovin' hippies that live there.

It's too bad we can't take all those types and put them in one central spot and say "Here ya go boys, be-head away". I'd love to hear the screams for the military to come save them.

It makes me wanna puke sometimes thinking that those types enjoy the freedom which I and 1.6 million others bust our humps to provide every day of the week.

okay, i haven't been here that long and i've really tried to stay out of political discussions, but i have to say that the above quote really, really makes me sick. What the hell is wrong with you. How dare you call yourself patriotic (i know you don't specifically say that, but i'm sure you would) and then say go ahead and be-head your fellow Americans just because they smoke dope or - dear God- love gay people. when is the right wing going to realize that not only is it alright to question the government, but that that is what this country is built on?

alright i'm going to stop now before i get too pissed off

love to ALL Americans

Chris

ps. Go 'Skins!!

Actually, in some ways, he is right about the Halliburton comment. Ever heard of Smedley Butler? A highly decorated Marine Corp general, he felt that, as an officer in the early part of the 20th century, that he spent a lot of his time fighting for Big Business. His "War is a Racket" writing displays his feeling on the subject:

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

And remember Ike speaking about the the military-industrial complex?

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

It is the abuse of the military, by those often least deserving of the men and women in its ranks, that is of concern. And that abuse by corporate powers is an old story in this nation; it is worthy to take note of this history.

No, he isn't. This topic has nothing to do with the profit advantage the military-industrial complex has in a war time situation.

Actually, I would disagree, Johnny Punani. I would bet that some of the folks who cast their vote in San Francisco have an idea what the phrase "military-industrial complex" refers to, and is a reason why they cast it. I am sure they all didn't cast it just out of being "anti-military," but out of various beliefs, including the previously remarked phrase. Of course, we always have to separate the average grunt from the war profiteer; that is something that San Fran citizens have to keep in mind, too. Halliburton does little to change this perception, which in turn colors the perceptions of citizens towards the military.

Actually, I would disagree, Johnny Punani. I would bet that some of the folks who cast their vote in San Francisco have an idea what the phrase "military-industrial complex" refers to, and is a reason why they cast it. I am sure they all didn't cast it just out of being "anti-military," but out of various beliefs, including the previously remarked phrase. Of course, we always have to separate the average grunt from the war profiteer; that is something that San Fran citizens have to keep in mind, too. Halliburton does little to change this perception, which in turn colors the perceptions of citizens towards the military.

Oh the same Halliburton Pres Clinton gave no bid contracts to during the Balkans War? Hell, even Al Gore's reinventing-government panel even singled out Halliburton for praise for its military logistics work. Were the Dems also using Halliburton to help the military-industral complex? Where was the outrage from the left then?

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with "military-industrial complexes" and their possible influence in the US military. This has to do with a distain of the military itself and what it stands for. Make no mistake, there are people in this country who despise what this country stands for. There are a lot of them that live in the City of San Francisco.

This just proves my point on how out of touch with reality those on the left really are. If you don't feel the need to give people who defend this country enough respect to hear why they are doing this and what advantages you could recieve from doing the same you need to get your ass on a plane and leave because your nothing but a hypocrite and a two faced coward.

Way to keep the rhetoric down Johnny.

You managed to not answer anything Larry said, yet attacked him and told him to leave the country.

I have a question for you, if you are so religious, how come you have so much contempt and hatred for people not like yourself? Isn't that contrary to what your religion teaches?

Here is another one. Do you think condoms should be given in schools?

I understand why they want them out, it is because of very controversial recruitment tactics. In Boston, they are investegating military recruiters who are offering plastic surgery if they sign up. Do you want YOUR child exposed to that when you are not around?

Well, c'mon, foloks. Do you folks have any idea how tough it is to stand out in the right-wing mouth-foaming propagandist profession these days?

How do you expect folks to increase their market share? There's only so many red states on the map?

At least they don't have to steal money from the Boys & Girls Club of America to stay on the air.

This has nothing to do with "military-industrial complexes" and their possible influence in the US military. This has to do with a distain of the military itself and what it stands for. Make no mistake, there are people in this country who despise what this country stands for. There are a lot of them that live in the City of San Francisco.

NO JOHNNY, they DO NOT despise this country they despise the LEADERSHIP in this country. They do NOT despise the military, they just do not want their children subjected to the harrasment the recruiters give. I am sick and tired of you and other posters trying to tell everyone how liberals feel, when you have absolutely no clue as to how,why or what they are thinking.

Why don't you ask the posters here who live in San Fran why they voted against it instead of sounding like a hate filled lunatic. You'll get better responses then hate filled rants.

Way to keep the rhetoric down Johnny.

You managed to not answer anything Larry said, yet attacked him and told him to leave the country.

I have a question for you, if you are so religious, how come you have so much contempt and hatred for people not like yourself? Isn't that contrary to what your religion teaches?

Here is another one. Do you think condoms should be given in schools?

I understand why they want them out, it is because of very controversial recruitment tactics. In Boston, they are investegating military recruiters who are offering plastic surgery if they sign up. Do you want YOUR child exposed to that when you are not around?

I never said I was religious or better then anyone else. So quit trying to imply that. Also, this has NOTHING to do with contempt or hatred for anyone. Nice personal attack there Chom. I see what your really about now.

Also, quit trying to side step me with a question that is not related in anyway to this tread. We are not talking about children here ok. Read the article again. They said people in high school and college. I know from a personal account they talk to high school seniors who are already 18 or going to be 18 by the time they graduate. And as I've said before, you can't join the military until your 18 yrs old. Does the same apply to condoms?

okay, i haven't been here that long and i've really tried to stay out of political discussions, but i have to say that the above quote really, really makes me sick. What the hell is wrong with you. How dare you call yourself patriotic (i know you don't specifically say that, but i'm sure you would) and then say go ahead and be-head your fellow Americans just because they smoke dope or - dear God- love gay people. when is the right wing going to realize that not only is it alright to question the government, but that that is what this country is built on?

alright i'm going to stop now before i get too pissed off

love to ALL Americans

Chris

ps. Go 'Skins!!

Well, now we're even, because after serving for 21 years, people like this (From San Franfreako BTW) make me sick

protesters.jpg

NO JOHNNY, they DO NOT despise this country they despise the LEADERSHIP in this country. They do NOT despise the military, they just do not want their children subjected to the harrasment the recruiters give. I am sick and tired of you and other posters trying to tell everyone how liberals feel, when you have absolutely no clue as to how,why or what they are thinking.

Why don't you ask the posters here who live in San Fran why they voted against it instead of sounding like a hate filled lunatic. You'll get better responses then hate filled rants.

Oh I just see protestor in San Fran holding up banners telling soldiers to shoot their officers. Banners for various communist and radical Islamic orgs. Lunatic rants on CSPN on how evil the US and how it is to blame for everything in the world. Please save your BS Chom. I and anyone else with a brain knows why they voted the way they did.

I never said I was religious or better then anyone else. So quit trying to imply that. Also, this has NOTHING to do with contempt or hatred for anyone. Nice personal attack there Chom. I see what your really about now.

Your post was completely full of contempt and hatred. Re-read it, because you basically said he was un-American and should leave the country.

you need to get your ass on a plane and leave because your nothing but a hypocrite and a two faced coward.

What the hell do you call that?

Johnny

If the entire city of San Fran democratically voted to not have recruiters on campuses inst that called democracy. Democracy does not always lend the results you want Johnny but you must live with the result of what the people of San Fran want-- because thats democracy unless you want authoritative rule on them ( and possible the city of Dover PA as well) because you dont agree with what the people there want.

PS. My parents who have about 30 years between them of military service are disgusted at the thought of recruiters on a high school campus and mother has fought with the prinicpal over the idea-- does that make them treasonist Son of a B####es who are anti american ?

Oh I just see protestor in San Fran holding up banners telling soldiers to shoot their officers. Banners for various communist and radical Islamic orgs. Lunatic rants on CSPN on how evil the US and how it is to blame for everything in the world. Please save your BS Chom. I and anyone else with a brain knows why they voted the way they did.

No Johnny, you do not know how or why they voted the way they did. You are looking at an extreme bunch of lunatics and equating an entire city to being that miniscule set. You are wrong, your post was wrong, and you should not be acting like you are. Go back and re-read the thread Johnny, you really look bad in it.

i never said there weren't a**hoels in San Fran, i just said they don't deserve to have people saying that they should be wiped off the map, and worse that the rest of America wouldn't care. my point is that EVERY American, regardless of race, color, religion, or sexual preference has the right to voice their opinion (kind of what this country was founded on) and that the people of San Francisco chose to say that the military can't come into their children's school and recruite. Now, for that you say you would be okay with a terriost strike on American ground? seems a little off base to me.

but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong

chris

i never said there weren't a**hoels in San Fran, i just said they don't deserve to have people saying that they should be wiped off the map, and worse that the rest of America wouldn't care. my point is that EVERY American, regardless of race, color, religion, or sexual preference has the right to voice their opinion (kind of what this country was founded on) and that the people of San Francisco chose to say that the military can't come into their children's school and recruite. Now, for that you say you would be okay with a terriost strike on American ground? seems a little off base to me.

but thats just my opinion, i could be wrong

chris

No, you are not wrong you are right. This is a democracy no matter how much other people would love this to be a dictatorship, it isn't so. They also see the writing on the wall, and they don't know how to admit they are wrong, so it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

:2cents:

Your post was completely full of contempt and hatred. Re-read it, because you basically said he was un-American and should leave the country.

What the hell do you call that?

This just proves my point on how out of touch with reality those on the left really are.

I guess you forgot to leave this out Chom. I wasn't specifically talking about Larry to but people who hate this country enough to try to stop people from joining it's armed forces.

Call it what you will, I don't care for people who act like this and then expect the people who they hate to defend them.

Archived