Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official **** YOU to Don Banks of SI thread

Broohaha

Remember in his "snap judgments" last week for si.com where he said something to the effect of:

"well, the redskins are 4-3 now after their game against the giants and, with philly and TB coming up, are going to be 4-5 soon, which is what i knew their level was at"

someone please post it.

i want to go postal on that guy via email but i'll leave that to the rest of you :)

The exact quote from last week was this:

Your Washington Redskins, ladies and gentlemen, 4-3, and headed for 4-5. With Philadelphia and at Tampa Bay on the schedule the coming two weeks, things are going to get worse, Skins fans. Washington, and especially Mark Brunell, have overachieved this season. But that 36-0 shellacking the Redskins took at Giants Stadium convinces me they're starting to find their level.

now it'll be fun to wait for the retractment and justification:

"well their best WR is out, and TO caused that loss.. any team could take advantage of that. And with Tampa, they are playing a young QB who will beat them down the road, it's ok. It seems week in and week out redskin's opponents have some situation that leads to a rare win for the redskins"

i've been watching and loving the Skins for 32 years and i never remember a time that "the media" has ever given praise to the Skins unless forced to do so during Super Bowl years and even then tried to explain away our success as being other teams bad luck, never our talent!!! here is how i feel about "the media" --- dilligaf :D :laugh:

Archived