Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official **** YOU to Don Banks of SI thread

Broohaha

9-7 10-6 Playoffs. Then we sit back and listen to all the mediots make up stories about how they knew we were good.

Lol so true on Nfl tv before the year started htye were saying how we were goin to be last in the nfc east and when we were going aginst New york at 4-2 record the experts quoted somthing like this "ive ALWAYS liked the washington redskins" even though 5 weeks ago he was talking about how we were going ot get demolisehd by the cowboys

They predicted 4-12, the Skins have won 5. Right now they are only 1 game off in the win column. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

WHY NOT????????? You think we'll finish off 1-7 or something? Give me a break, they're idiots, they were wrong, and now we have the right to criticize them.

I love being the underdog of the league....no one thought we be playing good football at this part of the season and beatin teams like seattle and philly....i always believed we could and now people gotta understand.....2005 Redskins are FOR real.......:applause:

HTTR

just goes to show predictions are often wrong

like he said the skins are for real

Honestly, I boycott SI because of Don Banks. He has the mental capacity of my left shoe, and the journalistic ability of a blind illiterate person. He also looks like Al Bundy. I dont see how SI pays him for what he writes.

.......I think Banks should choose a new target for his hatred. They are a bit more vulnerable. :doh:

Oh I don't know, I think the Redskins are right on target if Sports Illustrated has anything to say about it. The Sports Illustrated Curse has been the kiss of death of players and teams for years. Best thing that could happen to us, imo.:laugh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/11/08/midseason.awards/index.html

Don Banks gave his midseason awards and the Redskins got one mention. No awards, of course, but one mention.

• Comeback Player of the Year: Carolina receiver Steve Smith -- With apologies to Mark Brunell, Ty Law, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Tedy Bruschi, Smith has been a premier playmaker week in and week out.

Is he kidding?

Steve Smith was on IR for most of the season. That means he's not a comeback player. The only way Steve Smith qualifies for this award is if he'd played week after week after week with the broken leg and we actually saw him play badly.

We saw Mark Brunell struggle, week after week after week, barely able to complete the simplest passes. There is no comparison between that and sitting on IR for almost the entire season.

...and Steve Smith's numbers aren't much better than Santana Moss'. As a matter of fact, Santana Moss is just as worthy of this award as Smith.

Archived