Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another Jeff George type of player?

Skins4me

I really believe, despite his talent, that T.O. will now forever be labled as a Jeff George type of player. He is a bad apple that other teams will continue to take chances on (hopefully never the Redksins), but in the long run he will distance himself from other teams and the NFL just as he has already done with his teammates.

Can anyone else think of any other players that fall into this category? Has there ever been a Redskin player that fell into this catefgory?

What was Jeff George's problem anyway? One quote I remember concerning him is, "Million dollar arm, $0.99 brain." I also recall someone "expert" in the newspaper saying that Jeff George was blessed with the best arm football has ever seen. So why did he fail?

I agree with the panel: Jeff George always sucked. For every one play where you were awed by his arm, there were 10 plays where he forced the ball, missed the receiver, or threw a pick. The clincher was during the 2001 season, when he would crumple to the ground like a little sissy, before taking a sack. Good riddance.

As for T.O. ... he'll probably end up in Oakland. Al Davis has a thing for these sorts of players. :smooch:

:puke:

I hated the way the team chased Brad Johnson out of town. Jeff George !?! Johnson was our best QB since Rypien. Heck, he even won a Super Bowl after we got rid of him.

There was another guy on that team we got rid of who won an NFC championship. . .

Stephen Davis, statistically one of the best backs in team history.

I still dislike Dan Snyder for breaking that team up.

I really believe, despite his talent, that T.O. will now forever be labled as a Jeff George type of player. He is a bad apple that other teams will continue to take chances on (hopefully never the Redksins), but in the long run he will distance himself from other teams and the NFL just as he has already done with his teammates.

Can anyone else think of any other players that fall into this category? Has there ever been a Redskin player that fell into this catefgory?

yes..the redskins player that fell into this category was..jeff george..

Jeff George played for some pathetic team except Minnesota then again Moss made QBs probowlers and Coaches Geniuses.

T.O. is no George he has the talent he isnt going to play philly's do it for the team's annual lowest salary cap championship, which is smart and he is going to let you know he is great since he obviously has seen how the media and HOF has treated Art Monk and Darrell Green for not being loud and flashy.

I think JG deserves a lot of the criticism run his way. However, I remember during his first couple seasons with the Colts he was taking similar beatings that Carr takes in Houston and Ramsey took when Ol' Ball Crock was here. Tough way to start your career.

What was Jeff George's problem anyway? One quote I remember concerning him is, "Million dollar arm, $0.99 brain." I also recall someone "expert" in the newspaper saying that Jeff George was blessed with the best arm football has ever seen. So why did he fail?

J. George got a wonderlic score of 10!

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic/Wonderlic.htm

That is truly pathetic. He wasn't smart enough to be a QB in the NFL.

:logo:

Jeff George divided every locker room he was in:

1. Indy

2. Atlanta

3. Seattle

4. Washington

That was his M.O.

I think we mean minnesota, not seattle. He wasn't really in Minn. long enough to do too much damage, but somehow they managed to screw themselves up just fine. Actually, his performance in Minn. was the reason the skins decided to sign him. Half a season as a starter in 1999 for the vikes was all it took for Danny to start drooling.

Archived