Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game comments: Washington at New York

Art

Unforunately for my first post, it had to be after a BIG loss. I have faith Gibbs will rebound the team and we'll still have a good season. The only question I have is it just me or is Chris Samuels getting worse every week? Jansen is by far better even with broken thumbs.

Not meaning to pick on one player, the entire team flat out got their asses handed to them.:cuss:

DING! DING! You just rang the bell!!!I think some ego problems may have played a factor. I think that Clinton Portis needs to put up all the wacky outfits and learn how to play big against good defenses.Time to see if this team is for real and bounce back against the Eagles.If the defense keeps giving up the big runs it's going to be a long year ahead of us.

He had 4 carries. He doesn't call the plays. And who was going to block. Only B. Sanders can run w/o a line. Everyone else needs the line to block someone, ANYONE!

I say give Cartwright the ball 9 times out of 10. Portis has been unimpressive all year long. His only bright spot was against the Niners. Otherwise, he's essentially been worthless. Portis attempts to avoid players, rather than running over them - Cartwright hits hard on his way through the line, creating a hole where one didn't exist.

I'm a little more comfortable with Cartwright carrying the ball through that line anyway.

:helmet:

Same here. I really do not want to go to work tomorrow after this drubbing. The worst part of it is that we dont have a chance to redeem ourselves until the 24th of December.

One thing I will say is that neither team is as good or as bad as they have showed today.

Me either. Tomorrow at work will be hell in Ravens land. On top of that I have to follow through with what I planned-to be a Redskin for Halloween. Perfect day for the massacre, gents! But alas, I am a die-hard fan through thick and thin and will always love them to the core. :helmet:

And I agree......the Giants played supernaturally today. Like they all drank Mara heaven juice or something. :doh:

The Washington Redskins really have to find a way to bounce back. They cannot let this loss to the New York Giants linger over the next few weeks; the Redskins really have to correct all of their mistakes after this road loss. Right now, as a Redskins fan, this loss today make me sick to my stomach. Regardless, give the New York Giants a lot of credit today. They did what they had to do to get the job done. Hopefully, as a team, the Redskins will give the Giants a lot of payback and revenge come December 24th at FedExField.:mad:

As a die hard skins fan, im pretty pissed the way a lot of you skins "fans" are talkin right now about how we're done and we suck bring on the offseason. THATS BULL****. if you jumped on the bandwagon this year just because we were winning and now you're jumping off, GOOD. i dont want you on the bandwagon. almost every good team has at least one bad game during the year, and we just had it. yeah, ill admit it was bad. awful. pathetic. i could barely watch at times. In no way does that mean the season is over. We went into denever and nearly came out with a win. we dominated denver and the chiefs on the road and unfortunately didnt win. the skins have proved to me that they are a very solid team this year. a pretty good philly team just got KILLED in denver, the same place we barely lost. like the panthers losing to the saints and the dolphins, all good teams have bad games. i trust gibbs and the squad to come out pissed off and fired up next sunday night against the eagles, and i look forward to it, but for all u bandwagon fans that are all of the sudden trashing the skins, gibbs, or daniel snyder, YOURE NOT TRUE FANS. this loss might be a good thing, bring us back down to earth and fire us up- we'll see in the next couple weeks, but know this. ITS ONLY WEEK 8. we have 9 more games to play, and if youre gona trash the skins because of one awful loss, then i dont want you to claim youre a fan. go cheer for the giants or the cowboys. skins for life.

All i have to say is the Redskins got owned...i expected them to play alot better than they did. We won last year's second game against the Giants 31-7...atleast they made something against us (which was a kick return for a touchdown). We should've made atleast one touchdown. I'm really disapointed in our defense. Their owner died but we played like our owner did (God forgive me i said that). Now we wont have that much confidence for our next game against the Eagles. We lost last year's second game to them 17-14, which was a close one down to the final play. Looking forward to our next game but for now, im really disapointed with the Redskins.

+they [layed Like They Played Last Yr And Got Beat Like Last Yr Gibbs Better Get On His Def Coach I Dont Think He Is As Smart As He Thinks He Is How Can You Get Beat From The Same Play 5 Time Run To Out Side To The Right Come On Get It Togathere Maybe If You Had Lavar Back Where He Needs To Be Rigth Side Lb O But Grag Head Is To Big To Work That Out He Better Get It Togathere Or Go Back To Buf. I Am A Life Skins Fan But I Dont Care To Much For Him He Think He Is Smarter Then The Game And He Not Come On Gibbs Get It Togahere Fast This Yur Not Over Yet But If We Cant Stop A Run It Is Let Go Skins Dam It Where Was Yall Today Still Thinking We Where Playing San Fran

u guys, willmb5 is so right. If you guys really thing about it, you guys arent real fans. Just because we were winning, all of us were for the skins. A team has to lose sometimes too, and you learn from your mistakes. Hopefully, we will pay back the ****ing Eagles for what they did last season to us. The refs were calling alot of bad plays, like a defensive pass interference called on Shawn Springs. If u have a tape of that game, look closely. Even the commentators said that Terrell Owens was grabbing Springs's jersey. He grabbed it at such an angle that it made it look like Shawn Springs was grabbing T.O.

Yeah Yeah, lets get real. I know many of you will think this is the stupidest or craziest (or both!) post-reply ever. But who gives a .... (I dont lol) This game was over before it started. This game was a prime example how the Redskins are just a small (very small) piece on a chess board that is run by the NFL. The Redskins threw this game out of respect to Mara. How many clips of the Redskins bench did anyone see during this game? Not many? How about Joe Gibbs?? Not many... Why??? because there was no emotion involved, carefree. Only the 2nd time in NFL history a team gets shut-out after scoring 50+ a week prior. THESE are your true REDSKINS. No respect to the fans (you) who live and die Redskins. They dont give a .... Don't be surprised if the Redskins "bounce" back next week and "upset" Philly... lol what a joke.

:secret: blow the game :secret:

OH.. and don't think this has never happened in the NFL before. Hmmm actually, I believe the Redskins threw a game several decades ago to the Chicago Bears! (73-0) WHAT DO YOU KNOW.... Redskins shut-out? wow, you mean like today? 36-0. Hey, if your going to throw a game, why not make it very clear that you are doing exactly that! So props to the Redskins for letting everyone know this was fools gold or a "Trick"... Happy Halloween everyone. lol

Why are some of you already throwing in the towel? This was ONE game. Granted, it was an division opponent, it was still on the road, after the death of their long(very long) time owner/president.

The missed tackles and dropped passes show me lack of intensity, passion and focus. Guys like Ryan Clark were saying "we were fired up too" but honestly, last weeks win probably got them a bit fat-headed, even though they said they didn't get too ****y. I just think the 'Skins just came out and were overwhelmed by the Giants on all levels. Everytime someone would try to make a play, we turned the ball over. These games happen from time to time, however, and it actually might serve this team right to have its ass handed to them now than later in the year.

Remember two years ago, 0-27 against Dallas? At home, mind you. That Spurrier team went down in complete flames, but don't expect the same to happen this year. Our coach isn't Spurrier, it's Joe-friggin'-Gibbs. If you think they'll lay a huge turd on the field like they did today AGAIN, you're very much in the wrong. Trust me, the Redskins won't let this happen again, and look forward to a very competitive game next Sunday vs. Philly.

This season's far from over, we've only played 7 friggin' games! Calm down people, there's still time and hope.

:notworthy As far as I am concerned, I have watched the "Skins" for 20+ years; you can cuss and discuss all you want, but from my "angle" in Kansas:

Hassleback was taught well, Mark you are to be commended for that, however, who would have "thought" he would call the plays and read the offense and defensive calls. Kinda hard to figure that into an equasion, guess it is about the money for him, and I was all for him taking a Redskins backup last year. Foolish me....................Saw it on TV, Hassleback is to be commended for feeding his family, too bad he can't play..................sandbox kid. Mark, I voted for you as QB, FAME is a tough game, forget it and go on, the press is intimidating you. You can play, now show "them"!

Joe and the "boys", it was very hard to sit through the 40th run of the owner dying and his grandkids sitting in the stands and how the the "owner box was empty", yada yada yada; god speed and take care of the deceased, go on.....................my dog died, didn't see him spoken about for 40+ times; he was a really good Redskins fan; oh, got it...........he wasn't a Giants fan, but I was his owner and I miss him..................but got a new dog; life goes on. We all will miss whoever dies, but good gosh, I don't want anyone dragging on a game over my dead dog and really got tired of hearing about the dead owner of, what was that team, oh yeah, the giants..............and light a tiki candle.

Now Joe, Mark, and all you coaches; I know its hard for you to believe, but Fed Ex field is in my front room, you are a good team, its hard to play on the road, granted, its "not home"; however, my front room lights up when you play just as if you were on Fed Ex field. Know, please, KNOW you have a 12th person team.

Sorry I am not in agreement on "Skins suck" as I have read on this forum; I think a focus is needed, "Joe and boys" don't.......and you can't be intimidated by the offensive teams crowds; your intimidation shows through on TV and Tivo.

Know we see the refs do stink in their calls on away games, don't know how or who to contact about this, but they don't like ya, figure out a way to "get over and around that". Too many bad calls that even my dead dog moans over the refs............but the refs are just that............how much does it cost to buy them? Apparently more than I work for! I won't aplogize for my witness of their weaknesses................they need to be "updated".

Redskins, You are a strong team with good morals, ethics and game play. Santana, smile, you are on TV and "Jerome" from SE DC, keep them together...................Mark, FOCUS......................and guys, I think they call you receivers, put bubblegum on your hands and catch the ball, it isn't good with a son that is a Dallas fan that says you put "lard" on your hands", I don't believe it.

Have fun on the road, its your game, its your time.............and remember, you are "The Skins in a moment of time"; its up to you now on how you write YOUR history!

Several hours have passed and the Eagles lost............so.........

Washington Redskins, a great coach of history leads you............listen. Greg, get it together man, I read your game plays on TV, take the game book out of the back of your pants........you're too good of a coach not to demand a game play without a dry erase board in the back of your pants. Good gosh guy!

And, don't let FOX put a pumpkin on your bench side again, the Fox fat guy and the pumpkin wasn't entertaining..................

What happened, happened, FOCUS.....Focus, focus and take the Eagles................an Indian shoots an Eagle when its disrespectful................

Redskins Fans in Kansas............................

Today was a total disaster. Having said that though, I believe the Giants would have beaten any team they played today - they were just that motivated. What bothers me more than anything is the disturbing trend of not being able to stop the run, especially on the weak side, which actually began 4 weeks ago against Seattle. Another disturbing trend is the slopppy, sloppy tackling. Certainly doesn't look like a Greg Williams coached team. I hope he's embarrassed; he ought to be. And we will continue to have trouble stopping the run as long as Warrick Holdman is on the field. Come on, what's the hype with this guy? Has he made more than 2 tackles all season? He plays like a ghost - you never see him - except maybe chasing one of those runs down the weak side after he was caught out of place, time after time after time. The guy is just plain worthless!!! Guys like Walt Harris, Sean Taylor or Lavar Arrington may miss tackles, but at least they're in positon to miss a tackle. Holdman's not even close enough for a whiff - totally worthless! This defense will continue to struggle until the defensive coaches swallow their pride and admit their mistakes and stupidity and play Lavar at least 90 percent of the time. Heck, put Chris Clemons in there, Kary Campbell!!! Anybody, anybody but Holdman....the guy is totally useless. Look at his total tackles. The defensive coaching decisions are begining to negatively impact this team. I hope they come to their senses before its too late and the season is lost.

I am sitting here trying to find just one postive thing about todays game. Really studying the game, it's obvious Brunell was frazzed when he was run out of the pocket. It didnt help that his receivers were dropping the ball. Injuries plagued them early and never stopped, special teams it seems they were tentative, they were calling for fair catches when it appeared they had plenty of room to run and at least attempt to get 10 or more yards. The beauty about it is, tomorrow is a new day. Some of the best teams in the NFL have had days like this. They need to refocus and worry about next week. I believe they can do it.

There isn't much to say other than: "looking forward to the offseason"; "maybe they'll actually trade Samuels this year"; "maybe they'll actually draft a DE this year"; or "maybe they'll actually go after a premier DE in free agency". Maybe, maybe, maybe....

Sorry, but I see far too much that remains to be addressed: premier pass-rushing DE; TE; LOT; LG; weakside LB....

If there is anything good to take out of this game it was the pass defense. We handed Eli his worst passing game his had this year.

Eli Manning 12/31 (38.7%) 146 yrds 1 TD 1 INT

I've seen the formula (that fills a whole page) on how they figure the passer rating and this is what you would call a very bad passer rating.

As a long time Redskin fan. They have achieved the first goal I set for them (beat Dallas). Now they need to pull themselves together and achieve the second goal I have set for them (beat the Eagles)

Archived