Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S. Moss or D. Green Who do you like more?

blackice7x

I got to meet Mr. Green when he was up at a training camp right outside my town. He was a very nice person and he lead the team. Although I did not get his autograph he was very polite and he has lots of talent. I have not met Moss but if I had the chance I would take it. These players are both great play makers...but which do you like more?

Moss or Green.

Twenty years. Three Lombardi trophies. The tipped pass in the end zone to beat the Vikings. The punt return against the Bears. The true love of the community and the Redskins. And a shutdown corner in every possible sense of the word. Darrell Green, hands down.

Don't get me wrong, I love Santana. It's a special thing to have a true game breaking receiver. We haven't had that for a long time. But he's got a long way to go to make the contribution to this team that Darrell Green has. Ask me in 20 years though, I might have a different opinion.

Hard to compare, Moss hasn't even been here a full year yet. Green was the definition of a Redskin for... 20(?)years. After Moss' career as a skin is over (lets hope a long time from now) then this question will be answerable. If forced to answer now, it would have to be Green.

Darrell Green is a Washington Redskins LEGEND. I realize that you are too young to realize how great of a player, person, and part of the community he was, but you simply cannot compare the two.

Moss has been great in the 6 games he's played so far. :applause:

Darrell Green was great for 20 years! :allhail:

I just did the age/post count check. blackice7x, don't take it the wrong way that most of us 30+ year olds are picking Green. We saw the first round of glory days, you didn't. Thanks for being a fan and sticking with your team, even though we've sucked most of your lifetime. I know you're excited seeing the Redskins turn the corner. So are we. But just ask some of the older guys, you haven't seen anything yet my friend. Enjoy the ride!

:cheers:

Darrell Green did a lot for the District of Columbia community, and still does every year. He was a shutdown cornerback that qbs wouldn't throw in his direction which hindered his stats a bit. It's hard to compare a CB to WR in the first place, and no disrespect but this is a dumb thread. I love Santana Moss he is the best WR we've had in decade! We haven't had a WR in the top 5 rankings in mid season in over 10 years, ( I think, but not positive on that statement). I would pick DG, because of how classy he is and his talent.

Mods: I respectfully request that SkinzRool be granted a special exemption to the signature-height-limit rule. This is a unique situation and one that I believe requires further scrutiny than simple adherance to a hard-and-fast code of conduct. Submitted for the record, exhibit 1A...The First Ladies of Football. Nice.

Mods: I respectfully request that SkinzRool be granted a special exemption to the signature-height-limit rule. This is a unique situation and one that I believe requires further scrutiny than simple adherance to a hard-and-fast code of conduct. Submitted for the record, exhibit 1A...The First Ladies of Football. Nice.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :gaintsuck

Are you kidding?

I love Santana but I wouldn't put him in the same sentence as Gary Clark yet, LET ALONE DG.

No doubt Santana has potential to be a great Redskin. Maybe even a ring of fame Redskin some day, check back in 10 years. But no way you can compare him after 6 games to all the great things DG has done on and off the field. No way.

The only current Redskin I would compare to Darrell Green would be Coach Gibbs himself.

Sorry man! jrockster77 already asked me too reduce it. He didn't even tell me it looked good. :wtf:;)

Green. Is there any other way to answer this unless Moss is a great Skins player for many years to come, which is why I agree with the ask me in 20 years option.

Unfortunately, the days of a player being wit hthe same team for 20 years are past. Sadly, Santana will not retire a Redskin :mad: . Nobody will ever be like Darrell Green. So truthfully you cannot compare the 2. Here is to hoping that Santana Moss will be one of the tp Redskins to ever play in the B & G. :cheers:

yeh, i agree with the majority here, why did you pose this question? I was glad to hear you had a greet meeting with Green, but how can you ask if we like Moss more? Green was the face of our organization, and played well even at his age, I felt confident knowing he was back there.

Now 7 years down the road if Moss has an illustrious career, he'll be one of my favorites as well.

Oh my. I think Champ Bailey characterized Darrell best when he said, " When he started his first game as a redskin I was three. And he is still over there doin it"

Over the last couple of years there has been talk of Darrell joining the coaching staff or front office. Is that still kickin around? If a young DB could not listen and learn from Darrell he should be summarily dismissed.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Not to slam anyone here currently. I anxiously await our next player with Darrell's character. I would say Jon Jansen is a better comparison right now than Moss or anyone else who comes to mind.

Twenty years. Three Lombardi trophies. The tipped pass in the end zone to beat the Vikings. The punt return against the Bears. The true love of the community and the Redskins. And a shutdown corner in every possible sense of the word. Darrell Green, hands down.

Don't get me wrong, I love Santana. It's a special thing to have a true game breaking receiver. We haven't had that for a long time. But he's got a long way to go to make the contribution to this team that Darrell Green has. Ask me in 20 years though, I might have a different opinion.

He's a youngin' -- He was only 12 when Darrell retired, and not even born when he started his career!!!

blackice -- just so you know, asking that question around here is like asking if anyone wants some Ben & Jerry's at a fat farm (only one answer).

Archived