Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marion Barry Indicted

NavyDave

How the hell does that joke of a man keep getting elected to office? Has he really done something to help people, because I'm hoping that there is a valid reason for ignoring his obvious negative history. Anyone know what keeps this guy appealing to voters?

How the hell does that joke of a man keep getting elected to office? Has he really done something to help people, because I'm hoping that there is a valid reason for ignoring his obvious negative history. Anyone know what keeps this guy appealing to voters?

½ of them are crackheads like him? :silly:

The same way Bush got elected with his negative history...Seriously when he was in Office he did some really good things for the Citizens of DC...but he just couldn't put the pipe down...everyonce has their vices...unfortunately his was crack and he got caught on tape doing...talk about public relations nightmare.

The same way Bush got elected with his negative history...Seriously when he was in Office he did some really good things for the Citizens of DC...but he just couldn't put the pipe down...everyonce has their vices...unfortunately his was crack and he got caught on tape doing...talk about public relations nightmare.

Can you point me in the direction of some of the good things that he did.

Can you point me in the direction of some of the good things that he did.

Well when my wife lived in DC, summer jobs were the norm for kids between the ages of 12-17...when kids didn't have many outlets for fun, Barry would provide free tickets to Georgetown basketball games for them...I am not saying it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he did some good things...bad part is that he was a crackhead...and you can't have a crackhead as your mayor...trust me I am not defending Barry at all, he was my father's boss back in the 80s and he was a d*ckhead...jsut pointing out why DC put him back in office.

The same way Bush got elected with his negative history...

Don't you mean clinton

Actually the public believed it was another example of the man trying to bring one of their own down.

So out of spite and blind loyalty they keep appointing him to office which is great because it discredits liberal DC from getting statehood anytime soon if ever.

I dont think he sucked because he was a crackhead. I look at things like the snow disater (no pun intended) and other management nightmares that occured under his watch.

Free tix to Hoya Hoops is cool, but it's hardly a measuring stick for a mayor's competence.

Don't you mean clinton

Actually the public believed it was another example of the man trying to bring one of their own down.

So out of spite and blind loyalty they keep appointing him to office which is great because it discredits liberal DC from getting statehood anytime soon if ever.

Clinton, Bush, Some Congressmen and Senators...they all fit in...it just doesn't apply to Clinton.

Archived