Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants D

mistere

Although Daryl Johnston did bring up a good pont about a week ago. He said that this offense is still getting used to developing their chemestry and the red-zone offense is usually the last part that comes together...I like to believe that last week's game shows that our red-zone offense is really starting to gel.

allow 295 ypg through the air, but only 116 on the ground. Sounds like Santa might bring us some nice gifts this weekend.

Wonder if Gibs has some tricks up his sleeve for this.

:yawnee:

Not to be mean or anything but this is kind of a bad post. I mean look at me I'm startgh tooop falpl assslepp :snore:

Just givin you a hard time nothin personal....

allow 295 ypg through the air, but only 116 on the ground. Sounds like Santa might bring us some nice gifts this weekend.

Only 116? While our rushing D (+/- 108) isn't as good as Tampa right now (60 something), 116 ypg isn't exactly a stingy rush defense. It's actually pretty well down in the bottom-half of the league.

only 116, just trying to make the point that the best mode of attack may be through the air rather than on the ground this week. Play to expose and utilize the opponents greatest weakness. 295 ypg is by far the worst in the NFL, whereas 116 is more middle of the pack.

Off topic:

our run D hasn't been that great statistically, because for some reason it seems like every game we give up one big run that skews the numbers a bit. We take away those and we jump up a spot or two on overall defense rankings.

From a Giants message board someone posted yesterday:

"WR - Santana Moss - little, short, and semi-fast. This is the only guy we worry about, but we're not the Cowboys...we don't let teams come back in 3 seconds. Get ready to feel the pain of Will ALLEN, Santana!"

I can honestly say, with every fibre in my body, that this is the funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Although Daryl Johnston did bring up a good pont about a week ago. He said that this offense is still getting used to developing their chemestry and the red-zone offense is usually the last part that comes together...I like to believe that last week's game shows that our red-zone offense is really starting to gel.

That's also something I'd been thinking.

If I could pick The One Key to the Game, it would be Redskins red zone percentage.

I expect us to win the yardage. But we're going to need to turn those yards into points.

I certainly think we can. But I think that if we lose, it'll be because of red zone play or turnovers.

I expect Patten to have his best game as a Skin.

I agree. They are going to be so concerned about Moss that's it's going to open the door for a big day for Patten and Cooley.

Once the Giants start to see what's happening they will shift their attention to those guys and Moss will have a huge play. :D

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Week 1- Giants key on Bolden, Fitzgerald has a huge game,

Week 2- Giants key on Horn, Stallworth has a huge game

Week 3- Giants key on Gates, Tomlinson ( NOT LT) has a dominant game

Week 4- Giants key on Holt, Curtis has a Huge game

Week 6- Giants key on Terry Glenn, Keyshawn burns us.

Week 7- Giants key on entire secondary , run kills us.

I hope Tim LEwis figures out that teams are gameplaning for us by using the "lesser known" weapons. I don't fear Santana as much as I do David Patten. WE NEED MORE PRESSURE. But for some unknown reason- I remain optomisitc the Defense will realize this trend, if not- could be a long day.

From a Giants message board someone posted yesterday:

"WR - Santana Moss - little, short, and semi-fast. This is the only guy we worry about, but we're not the Cowboys...we don't let teams come back in 3 seconds. Get ready to feel the pain of Will ALLEN, Santana!"

I can honestly say, with every fibre in my body, that this is the funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Will "Who?" Allen LOL!!!

Jonas as a Giants season ticket holder I can assure you , that there are some of the most pessimistic fans you will ever meet. I consider myself a consumate "eternal optomist" and I also hear so Skins fans on here following the same suite. However, that Will Allen comment was stupid, just like someone on this board saying that if the Giants players don't have heavy hearts becasue Mara died, and don't lose the game- they aren't true Giants. Nonsense is nonsense, whether you're a Skin or a Jint!

The Giants run D looks fairly bad because of what San Diego and Denver did to them. The fact is, those are the only two that have been able to run on them. No NFC team has had more than 100 yards against the Giants D on the ground so far. :D

I do expect that to change as the Giants will probably be scheming more to stop Moss which will open up Portis more.

']The Giants run D looks fairly bad because of what San Diego and Denver did to them. The fact is' date=' those are the only two that have been able to run on them. No NFC team has had more than 100 yards against the Giants D on the ground so far. :D

I do expect that to change as the Giants will probably be scheming more to stop Moss which will open up Portis more.[/quote']

Um, but what good rushing attacks have faced besides SD and Den? Saints and Rams are so-so. Dallas has a solid run game normally but they were without Jones I believe. The Cardinals haven't had a run game since OJ Anderson.

']The Giants run D looks fairly bad because of what San Diego and Denver did to them. The fact is' date=' those are the only two that have been able to run on them. No NFC team has had more than 100 yards against the Giants D on the ground so far. :D

I do expect that to change as the Giants will probably be scheming more to stop Moss which will open up Portis more.[/quote']

Perhaps no one has rushed for more because they were to busy feasting on the weak pass D in New York. Or maybe the Giants D is "Fairly Bad" now but will be Really Bad by this time next week.

I'd noticed some fairly stout numbers from the G run D. (I think, before last week, your run D was ranked better than ours.)

I'd wondered part of that, though, might be due to a weak pass D coupled with an O that puts people behind.

In any case, I think we can rest assured that Coach Gibbs will give you folks ample opportunities to see who wins that particular matchup. I don't see Gibbs abandoning the run, even if it's not working.

Archived