Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Brunell play through Gibbs's contract...

flexxskins

or beyond? I don't know about you guys, but I'm not seeing any signs of ware on this guy, accept maybe that he doesn't run quite as fast as he once did. Hmmm, I wonder just how old Mr.Brunell will be before he has to or decides to relinquish his starting role.

Personally, I am hoping for a long and fruitful career here for him. Because really, if it aint broke...

I'll speculate that he has 2 years left. He'll probably be the starter next year, but Campbell will take over the following season. He'll still be an effective backup, but his age WILL finally catch up to him. Once he realizes that his skills are starting to deteriorate and he'll never be an NFL starter again, he'll retire.

Then again, what the hell do I know? :whoknows:

it would be great if we could get 2 solid years from him, allow Campbell to back him up next season
But wouldn't it be better if we could get 4? What if he leads us to the play-offs this season? Would you still only hope for 2 or are you just being realistic in your hopes for 2?

I think he's got a season and a half left before Campbell really starts pushing him for the job.

I'm just glad that he's performing at a level to finally justify the contract Gibbs gave him. Not a total waste of money afterall.

Yeah, kind of allows all the Gibbs doubters to feast on a little crow also.

I don't see him playing past next season. Not only *should* Cambell be ready to step in, iirc Brunell's contract is rather heavily backloaded. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it might be tough to keep him around.

Then again, if he keeps perfoming like he has so far for the rest of this year as well as through next, and remains healthy, it would be tough to let him go, no matter the cap hit.

All depends on Cambell's progress as well.

Doesn't matter guys. If there's one thing Gibbs is famous for, it's for winning consistantly with different QBs.
Well, sorry but I think that it does matter. I hate saying this because I supported the kid, but I don't think that we would have been nearly as successful as we are now with Ramsey under the center. So it does matter. But if you mean because J.Campbell is most likely Brunell's successor, then yes...I agree.

Well, sorry but I think that it does matter. I hate saying this because I supported the kid, but I don't think that we would have been nearly as successful as we are now with Ramsey under the center. So it does matter. But if you mean because J.Campbell is most likely Brunell's successor, then yes...I agree.

I really really don't see the point in ressurrecting a Brunell/Ramsey debate. Maybe Ramsey'd have played as well. Maybe not. I'm not complaining with the production we're getting now.

I was pro-Ramsey this offseason as well, but at this point I think it's obvious Campbell is next in line to be our long-term starter, and with that in mind I'm not worried at all. If Gibbs can get Jay Schroeder to the pro bowl he'll be alright with his hand-picked first rounder when the time comes.

I really really don't see the point in ressurrecting a Brunell/Ramsey debate. Maybe Ramsey'd have played as well. Maybe not. I'm not complaining with the production we're getting now.

I was pro-Ramsey this offseason as well, but at this point I think it's obvious Campbell is next in line to be our long-term starter, and with that in mind I'm not worried at all. If Gibbs can get Jay Schroeder to the pro bowl he'll be alright with his hand-picked first rounder when the time comes.

Ramsey debate? Henry, I agreed with your assessment, I even brought up that you may have been talking about Campbell. I merely used Ramsey as an example. Did I wrong you in another life? :)

Brunell will probably play the remaining of this season (obviously) and next season, then we will probably start to see Campbell brought in more. Of course, if Mark is able to continue to perform at this level then he may continue to start for two more full seasons, but I doubt it will be much more than that.

But wouldn't it be better if we could get 4? What if he leads us to the play-offs this season? Would you still only hope for 2 or are you just being realistic in your hopes for 2?

4 more years from Brunell is just not being realistic

of course I hope he keeps playing at this high level for years to come, that just gives Campbell more time to get ready

agreed with henry. lets just focus on the rest of this season though before we all start to speculate on how long brunell has left..lets just hope he can make it through this season healthy
I am very capable of enjoying and focusing on the rest of the season. At the same time I am just wanting to get a consensus from fellow fans. That is one of the many things this place is for...isn't it? ;)

Ramsey debate? Henry, I agreed with your assessment, I even brought up that you may have been talking about Campbell. I merely used Ramsey as an example. Did I wrong you in another life? :)

Ah, well. Seeing as you repeated "it does matter" twice, I assumed you didn't agree with me when I said "it doesn't matter." If was mistaken, it's all good. :)

Has anyone gone to www.markbrunell.com ? I hadn't checked it since last season, when it still had Jacksonville pictures on the main page --- I just looked at it --- and the Jaguar stuff is still on the main page. Mr. Brunell's a busy man for sure, but he's gotta get his agent or publicity guy to at least uh well --- update his site from the Jaguar green to the sweet old Burgunday and Gold.

Has anyone gone to www.markbrunell.com ? I hadn't checked it since last season, when it still had Jacksonville pictures on the main page --- I just looked at it --- and the Jaguar stuff is still on the main page. Mr. Brunell's a busy man for sure, but he's gotta get his agent or publicity guy to at least uh well --- update his site from the Jaguar green to the sweet old Burgunday and Gold.
Wow, you are right. Well, he is well on his way to accomplishing his greatest sports venture, maybe he is just waiting until he actually completes it.

I'm sure Mr Brunell would love to get one of them there supa bowl rings....This is definately his last shot, maybe not this season, but this team. I'd like to see him around for as long as he can keep going, but the remainder of this year and as starter next year with whoever else coming in after that sounds about right.

I don't necessarily see Campbell being the guy...What if he doesn't pan out?

Archived