Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dotson blows out achilles, Out for the year

DSF

Choose your Redskin QB strategy  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your Redskin QB strategy

• Make 28-year-old Wuerffel the QB of the present and future. Keep all 4 QBs in 2002. If Wuerffel plays well, trade Ramsey next offseason (2003) for 2nd round pick.
    • Make Wuerffel or Matthews the 2002 starter. Cut Sage. Never trade Ramsey, and let the guys battle it out in 2003 and beyond.
    • Make Wuerffel or Matthews the 2002 starter, and cut the loser. Keep Sage and Ramsey. Let the guys battle it out in 2003 and beyond.
    • Make Wuerffel or Matthews the 2002 starter. Cut Sage. Draft another QB in 2003, and trade Ramsey after the 2003 draft.
    • The hell with Ramsey. Trade the punk now for a case of Gatorade.

I don't believe that this is a situation that we should panic and sign a FA just yet. Dotson wasn't going to be starting for us anyway. Maybe next week.

But for now, I think we need to see what we look like in our next game, particularly our youngsters. I've often wondered whether our propensity for signing FA's has stifled our development of younger players in recent years. Let's see what Jackson, Arp, Cowsette and Leverette look like.

I did not expect much from Dotson anyway this season and knew his best days were behind him. This will be a blessing in disguise and give some of our younger players a chance to step up. some I would rather have an energetic 24 year-old like Arp who is backed up by the best linebacking corps in the game, than a man like Dotson who was on his last legs. Dotson never was the answer. Gardener was the big pick-up anyway. If Gardener gets hurt, then we start worrying!

Maa Tanuvasa signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

But someone mentioned some time ago that DT Brentson Buckner had been cut by Carolina in a cost cutting move. I haven't been able to confirm that, other then I didn't see him listed on their roster. He had 4.5 sacks last year in only 10 starts, and two years ago he played well for the 49ers with 7.5 sacks.

So I would go after him.

This is a shot to the depth. Now you either have to count on Gardener being able to play more than we'd originally hoped, or, that someone will step up. It may create a need to get another vet along this spot as well. Tough break for us on this.

Sigh. Come in from work to find this....that's it! I'm not going back to work....better yet... :pint: :pint: . K. got that out my system....breath... as has been stated, depth could still be there, see who turns it up as the preseason continues.

I agree at least now we have a few games to see what we have in Dline before we go balls out for someone. I hope we are not thinking of going after Adams or do I ? right now with this injury and Ramsey trading thing I am not sure I know what I want:shootinth :shootinth

After reading the utter joy you Redskin retards displayed in the Flozell Adams thread, HA....HA!

Is all i have to say.

BTW, a hyperextended knee is not a season or even pre season ending injury, duh.

Park City,

I apologize for stooping to this forum's level, but I had no choice. I hate injuries, to any team, more than anyone. I really like to see if team's moves pay off or will blow up in their face. Guys getting injured in the pre season is absolutely no fun.

I will take this opporotunity to knock on some serious wood *knock, knock*because laughing at other teams injuries is the kiss of death.

"I apologize for stooping to this forum's level" Nice try Ken, but that's as lame as your previous post. NO doubt, as with any team's forum, there are going to be a few who seem to relish the injury of a player for a rival team. But don't be coy and try to use this instance to bash an entire forum. Try reading that thread again, there wasn't a lot of joy in the injury there.

" but I had no choice".... I almost said you did, but then realized true to yournature you were correct.

This is too bad, but did you see how well our backups were playing in Japan? Marvin Lewis is a genius. He can make Donovan Arp into a servicable DT, at the worst. Thank God we signed Gardener, because otherwise we'd be completely fukked.

We should at least take a look at Buckner, although I don't think it's completely neccessary. Guard is the bigger question mark right now.

This does suck. I hate injuries to any team. In a perfect world every team would stay healthy and play with everyone and prove who the best team is on the field.

It is ironic that LarryBrown#43 was gloating about Adams going down and he made the comment that "fat guys get injured more." If you want a poster to blame for Dotson's injury - there you go. Talk about putting the jinx on your team.

Let's hope there are no more major injuries to either of out teams.

Totally sucks but:

A) Let's get the inevitable injury out of the way early (cold comfort for Dotson, but we've got young bucks who can spell the starters);

B) Can we parley this cap room into any OG anywhere? I mean, they looked fine in Osaka but is anyone available, even just for depth? NFL Europe? Arena League? CFL?

Archived