Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post your REAL Ghost Stories Here

zoony

OK Chomerics got me thinking in his other thread (you know, the thread where we determined, after 15 posts, that ghosts were made of sheets :silly: )

... this close to Halloween we need a Ghost Story Thread.

And not urban legend bull#### either. I want to hear about ghosts you all have actually seen or think you've seen... or maybe just really creepy places you've been/stayed.

I've got a few I'll post here in a few...

OK Chomerics thread got me thinking in his other thread (you know, the thread where we determined, after 15 posts, that ghosts were made of sheets :silly: )

... this close to Halloween we need a Ghost Story Thread.

And not urban legend bull#### either. I want to hear about ghosts you all have actually seen or think you've seen... or maybe just really creepy places you've been/stayed.

I've got a few I'll post here in a few...

See my posts in chomerics for my story.....but yes, I'm buying the sheets theory :silly: :laugh:

You know I lived in Salem Mass for 8 years, you'd think I would have run into one of the buggers :laugh:

Actually, I used to party on Gallows Hill, the hill where the witches were supposedly hung :laugh: Never saw any ghosts there, but I did see a few pink elephants :laugh:

I am curious to read others ghost stories though :)

You know I lived in Salem Mass for 8 years, you'd think I would have run into one of the buggers :laugh:

Actually, I used to party on Gallows Hill, the hill where the witches were supposedly hung :laugh: Never saw any ghosts there, but I did see a few pink elephants :laugh:

I am curious to read others ghost stories though :)

No witches......jeeze, total letdown.

Done the "haunted house" thing before and other than hearing creaking noises...nada.

True story...

When I was 19 on Christmas break from college, me and 3 friends were bored... random Tuesday night with nothing to do. My one buddy was telling us about a place he had been down to in North Carolina where, as he tells it, you can see a ghost. We started giving him hell as you could imagine... :)

Anyways we were talking about it quite a bit and he was swearing up and down that you could go to a railroad track in North Carolina and walk along until you get to a White Railroad Tie. After banging on the Tie repeatedly with a rock, a mysterious light will begin to glow in the distance, and move toward you and change colors. He even said that Robert Stack had featured it on 'unsolved mysteries' (I have not seen the episode but I'm assured it is true). My buddy also said that if you walk past the White Railroad Tie, the light will shut off, or mysteriously appear behind you where you just were. :wtf:

Of course, after a few beers one of us got the idea to drive down there, as it was only about 2 hours away, and it was still early, we figured we could be there and back by 3 a.m. or so.

Sure enough, we got there and it was RANDOM. Seriously... pretty much in BFE and no landmarks, etc. There was a break in the treeline around the tracks, and the 4 of us started walking down the tracks in the pitch black darkness. It was somewhere around 1 a.m.

There was nothing around, it was pitch black dark, the forest on both sides of the track, and believe me it was creepy. Sure enough, we walked for about a mile and we got to the White Railroad Tie. It was faded, but you definitely could tell it had been painted.

So anyways my buddy, who was pretty buzzed by now, started banging on the Tie and screaming outloud for the ghost to come out. We were sort of laughing at him, but also telling him to keep his voice down because it was ultra-quiet in the woods and we didn't want to alert the locals... I've seen the movie Deliverance and it was not funny. :)

Sure enough... after about a minute or two... a light appeared about 50 yards down the tracks and started moving. Trust me, this was no redneck with a flashlight. It was flickering a little, but moving around very high up. I walked past the Tie... and it stopped.

We all went down to where we thought the light was, and nothing. No wires/people... just trees. SPOOKY. Seriously, it wasn't funny anymore, and I was ready to go.

Anyways, not sure if it was a ghost, but I saw it with my own eyes and the circumstances were just WAY too random for it to be a hoax. But I remain open to the possibility...

True story...

When I was 19 on Christmas break from college, me and 3 friends were bored... random Tuesday night with nothing to do. My one buddy was telling us about a place he had been down to in North Carolina where, as he tells it, you can see a ghost. We started giving him hell as you could imagine... :)

Anyways we were talking about it quite a bit and he was swearing up and down that you could go to a railroad track in North Carolina and walk along until you get to a White Railroad Tie. After banging on the Tie repeatedly with a rock, a mysterious light will begin to glow in the distance, and move toward you and change colors. He even said that Robert Stack had featured it on 'unsolved mysteries' (I have not seen the episode but I'm assured it is true). My buddy also said that if you walk past the White Railroad Tie, the light will shut off, or mysteriously appear behind you where you just were. :wtf:

Of course, after a few beers one of us got the idea to drive down there, as it was only about 2 hours away, and it was still early, we figured we could be there and back by 3 a.m. or so.

Sure enough, we got there and it was RANDOM. Seriously... pretty much in BFE and no landmarks, etc. There was a break in the treeline around the tracks, and the 4 of us started walking down the tracks in the pitch black darkness. It was somewhere around 1 a.m.

There was nothing around, it was pitch black dark, the forest on both sides of the track, and believe me it was creepy. Sure enough, we walked for about a mile and we got to the White Railroad Tie. It was faded, but you definitely could tell it had been painted.

So anyways my buddy, who was pretty buzzed by now, started banging on the Tie and screaming outloud for the ghost to come out. We were sort of laughing at him, but also telling him to keep his voice down because it was ultra-quiet in the woods and we didn't want to alert the locals... I've seen the movie Deliverance and it was not funny. :)

Sure enough... after about a minute or two... a light appeared about 50 yards down the tracks and started moving. Trust me, this was no redneck with a flashlight. It was flickering a little, but moving around very high up. I walked past the Tie... and it stopped.

We all went down to where we thought the light was, and nothing. No wires/people... just trees. SPOOKY. Seriously, it wasn't funny anymore, and I was ready to go.

Anyways, not sure if it was a ghost, but I saw it with my own eyes and the circumstances were just WAY too random for it to be a hoax. But I remain open to the possibility...

I saw that episode on unsolved mysteries :D I remember it well, and if I remember correctly they caught something on tape down there. People said things like swamp gas because I think there is a swamp nearby, but I actually heard about that exact same place your talking about :)

I saw that episode on unsolved mysteries :D I remember it well, and if I remember correctly they caught something on tape down there. People said things like swamp gas because I think there is a swamp nearby, but I actually heard about that exact same place your talking about :)

every time I tell that story to a crowd someone they say they've seen that episode :)

But I'm never sure if they are saying that because they actually have, or are just trying to make my story telling easier. :laugh:

But I've not seen that episode... so every time I tell the story I have to say 'I'm told it was on unsolved mysteries, but who knows'.

DAMIT it would be a WAY better story if I had actually seen that episode :cuss:

:)

If it makes you feel less creeped out, zoony, you didn't see a ghost. less'n you met or saw me somewhere :D

What I want to know is when I called on the ghosts in Hampton Court or at the Tower of London to come out (at age 12-13) and I actually believed in them--why didn't they show? When I was at Stonehenge, all I saw or felt was rocks and a fierce, cold and biting wind.

I live next to a cemetery, not ONE ghost or even a report of one from ANY of the residents, past or present. I walk by there at all hours of the night and morning. Nuttin'.

A few superstitious people (typically Asian, and I'm not being stereotypical, those are usually the people to express the concern about living here) have reservations about living here. I'd bet if we did get any ghost stories it would be them.

If it makes you feel less creeped out, zoony, you didn't see a ghost. less'n you met or saw me somewhere :D

well what was it?

It was NOT swampgas... although it could have been Halter91 after eating a dozen of Pez's wings, I'll concede that. :)

All due respect to Ghost here, I'll pop up my umbrella and go ahead and tell a few of my own. :)

First a fictional story, an all time favorite, that I've posted here before. From Stephen King on an HBO special I saw way back when, ( at least that's where I got it from). Then some true stories. :)

Susan, a single professional, came home after a very long day at work. she took out her keys, unlocked the door to her house and went inside. As she took of her coat she heard a strange sound coming from the hallway that led to her bedroom. . She slowly made her way to the hallway, while realizing to herself she had not been greeted by her pet Doberman. she entered the hallway and there on the floor was her Doberman, apparently choking to death. She ran to the dog, checked him out and then quickly called her vet, who was an old family friend of hers, and got him to agree to meet her at the clinic. she gathers the dog up and hurries to her car. She frantically drives over and drops off the dog. the Vet meets her there and examines the animal. he tells her that whatever the dog is choking on must be removed surgically. He says it will be awhile and urges her to go home and wait forthim to call. She hesitates, but decides that she'd better go home and try to relax and get something to eat and wait.

She gets home and goes to the kitchen to start some dinner, but she really isn't hungry, but knows she needs to eat. She decides to take a shower while dinner cooks in the microwave. She goes to her room, undresses, and puts on her robe. She goes to the bathroom and reaches in and turns on the water to let it warm up. She takes off her robe and get's ready to step into the shower when the phone rings. She rushes to the phone hoping it's the vet. As soon as she picks up the phone, she hears the vet's voice screaming out:

"Thank God I got you in time! Leave the house! Now! No time to explain! Call me from he neighbors!" Then the vet hangs up.

Because he's such an old family friend, she trusts him and hurries out of the house. She rushes to the neighbor's house and after a brief surprise and an explanation she calls the vet.

" Okay. You're out of the house good. Now let me explain. I found out what the dog was choking on – it was a human finger. I think someone was in the house."

The woman nearly faints at the news.

" It's okay. The dog is fine and I've called the police. They should be there any second."

Shortly after he says that, the police arrive. They hurry into the house and begin searching it. Sure enough, just as the vet had suspected, the police found the would be burglar. In the shower, holding a bloody hand missing a finger.

22.gif

As per zoony's request:my ghost story.

I saw something (call it a ghost if you will) years ago.

I had a very close relative call my family to visit (a couple states away), even though we were to visit him the week after (this was about 20+ years ago, I was in elementary school).

During the visit, my relative had a stroke and nearly died on the road.

He was in the hospital and I had to go home (to go back to school).

While at home, one night...I saw him in my room, he said my name and that was it.

He died at the hospital that night.

Now maybe it was a dream (could be, I don't know) or it could have been a "ghost" saying goodbye one last time.....again I don't know, but it makes a helluva story.

Extra: the ghost was my grandfather.....and he called me by the shortened version of my name when I saw his ghost (only he called me by that.....until I got much older).

I was the only grandson that he had and I was very close to him.

My grandfather was insistent that we come up and visit him, he wouldn't take no for answer. It was as if he knew something was going to happen......

While I was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL I was good friends with one of my co-workers (Tammy) and her hubby. They shared a two bedroom aprt with one of my co-workers friends from her hometown.

Me, Tammy, her friend, and a couple other people all went out to a sports bar to hang out and get some drinks. Tammy's husband was working the graveyard shift that night a couldn't go out. Tammy needed to go out because she suddenly lost her mom to a brain aneurysm about 2 week prior.

Anyway, after the bar me, tammy, and her friend all head back to her place. I decided to spend the night on the couch because I had been drinking and didn't want to risk getting a DUI (plus I was trying to get into her friend's underwear ;) ). However, I had about 3 beers and wasn't drunk at all. About 3am in the morning I wake up to see tammy with a white sheet over her head and wrapped up heading for the main door. I didn't think anything of it and thought she was only checking the peep hole to see if her husband had came home. So, I lay back down and go back to sleep. The next day I asked her why she checked the door at 3am in the morning and she said she never left her room the whole night. I asked her friend as well and she said she never left her room either.

That really freaked me out and I think who I saw was her dead mother but I never told Tammy about it. I didn't want to get her upset.

Okay. True little "ghost story" Keeping in mind Park City is an old mining town and is supposedly haunted by many a miner, (among others) who died during the mining days.

Working late one night at a local bar, ( go figure), doing that bartending/managing thing. It was about an hour or so after closing time and needless to say the only people present are those that work there. With that in mind, I was talking to the bartender and ****tail waitress when one decided to head to the bathroom and the other to the office. I'm alone and just making a clean sweep of things . I check the bar, the stage, and glance back at the back area that includes the coctail waitress register, door to the upstairs to the kitchen, and the backdoor to the place, which leads outside. As I'm making sure things are all set, I hear the door to the upstairs open and close. Then shortly after that, I hear the backdoor to the outside open and close. Now, there should be nobody up there since the kitchen had been closed for a few hours and I've checked it. This dawned on me as I just about reached the small hallway to the kitchen door. Slowly I peer around the corner and notice the door to the upstairs is locked. I back away from the door and turn to go inside the bar. The bartender and ****tail waitress are sitting back down at the bar. I look at them, look back at the doors, and announce in no uncertain terms, "I'm outta here!" And left. ( the bar had a history of such things).

Case in point.

Told to me by a good friend and bartender.

2 friends of mine, both bartenders at the time, were working in the downstairs in the same bar as above only a year or so before. As they were cleaning and checking out, they suddenly heard the sound of a piano upstairs. They listened for a moment, looked at each other and listened some more. The piano started to play louder. The two of them went to the bottom of the stairs to listend a little more closely. . They continued to hear the piano playing. The again looked at each other as the piano continued to play. Well. Enough was enough. They ran, got their coats, grabbed their tips and ran up the stairs, past the door leading to the restaraunt, ( there was and is a back door ya know ), and out the front door onto Mainstreet. Where for awhile longer, they continued to hear the piano playing. They left and I believe did not sleep that night.

Catch. There hadn't been a piano upstairs in decades.

24.gif

well what was it?

It was NOT swampgas... although it could have been Halter91 after eating a dozen of Pez's wings, I'll concede that. :)

We may not be able to explain everything instantly, but it doesn't mean something is a spirit or even a 'psychic imprint.' Could have been ball lightning or some other physical phenomenon that we don't know about.

Or maybe some bad local dude is trying to distract attention from his nefarious plans until those lousy, rotten Mystery Bus kids come along to ruin his scheme.

Johnny, goskins, PCS, great stories! (OK PCS yours wasn't real, but I got chills reading it, so its all good :D *edit* whoa... just read your real stories. good ones)

My only other encounter with a ghost or what I thought was a ghost came about the same time in my life... I think I was 19 or 20 (honestly can't remember)

Anyways this story is a bit more personal. I was home from college for the summer and my parents were out of town. The phone rang very early one Saturday morning and I answered it (still not sure why, in those days I used to sleep until noon ;) )... it was my Grandmother and she was very upset.

She asked to speak to my parents, and I told her they weren't there... she then told me, sobbing all the while, that my cousin had died that night. Although we weren't exactly best friends (we never lived within 10 hours of each other), I would say that we were somehow always close... whenever family got together we always ended up hanging out. I think we would have been inseperable if we'd grown up together, etc.

Anyways, I of course got hold of my parents and helped them make arrangements for us to go down for the funeral (it was in NC, we were in Ohio at the time)

So it was a pretty exhausting morning, and I was still very tired, so sure enough as soon as I sat back down I found myself almost immediately asleep, despite all that had happened.

Something woke me up around 10 that morning... I was awake (albeit dissoriented/groggy), and I realized I was having a conversation with my cousin. He was there, in the room, and I couldn't move. I literally couldn't move... I tried moving my arms, legs... nothing. It was like there was a 700 lbs weight on my chest. I started to panic, and as soon as I did I kind of snapped out of it. I sprang up in bed, and everything was back to normal.

I felt very, very convinced that I had just been talking to him, and that we had said our goodbyes, and I had pleaded with him not to go.

As time has passed, I'm not as certain anymore, as I've read a lot of psychology texts about this phenomena... so I dunno, all I can say is that it was a very real occurence, in my mind...

As time has passed, I'm not as certain anymore, as I've read a lot of psychology texts about this phenomena... so I dunno, all I can say is that it was a very real occurence, in my mind...

Oh, I have these all the time. I had mentioned in an old thread the bizarre occurrence of me holding rather lengthy and involved conversations with various people in my half-awake state, unable to 'wake up fully' and move but enough to know I wasn't 'asleep.' usually, it's a personal subject (personal history) or political or philosophical.

But I have them quite frequently and I transition quite quickly but smoothly into being fully awake.

I dream about everyone I lose, in all types of ways. Ex-loves(esp the ones I don't talk to at all, anymore,) relatives, my father. They all show up.

Maybe dreams are the realm of ghosts. I hope so, but then I've had some rather disturbing dreams too that I don't think my father would have any hand in creating.

All due respect to Ghost here, I'll pop up my umbrella and go ahead and tell a few of my own. :)

First a fictional story, an all time favorite, that I've posted here before. From Stephen King on an HBO special I saw way back when, ( at least that's where I got it from). Then some true stories. :)

Susan, a single professional, came home after a very long day at work. she took out her keys, unlocked the door to her house and went inside. As she took of her coat she heard a strange sound coming from the hallway that led to her bedroom. . She slowly made her way to the hallway, while realizing to herself she had not been greeted by her pet Doberman. she entered the hallway and there on the floor was her Doberman, apparently choking to death. She ran to the dog, checked him out and then quickly called her vet, who was an old family friend of hers, and got him to agree to meet her at the clinic. she gathers the dog up and hurries to her car. She frantically drives over and drops off the dog. the Vet meets her there and examines the animal. he tells her that whatever the dog is choking on must be removed surgically. He says it will be awhile and urges her to go home and wait forthim to call. She hesitates, but decides that she'd better go home and try to relax and get something to eat and wait.

She gets home and goes to the kitchen to start some dinner, but she really isn't hungry, but knows she needs to eat. She decides to take a shower while dinner cooks in the microwave. She goes to her room, undresses, and puts on her robe. She goes to the bathroom and reaches in and turns on the water to let it warm up. She takes off her robe and get's ready to step into the shower when the phone rings. She rushes to the phone hoping it's the vet. As soon as she picks up the phone, she hears the vet's voice screaming out:

"Thank God I got you in time! Leave the house! Now! No time to explain! Call me from he neighbors!" Then the vet hangs up.

Because he's such an old family friend, she trusts him and hurries out of the house. She rushes to the neighbor's house and after a brief surprise and an explanation she calls the vet.

" Okay. You're out of the house good. Now let me explain. I found out what the dog was choking on – it was a human finger. I think someone was in the house."

The woman nearly faints at the news.

" It's okay. The dog is fine and I've called the police. They should be there any second."

Shortly after he says that, the police arrive. They hurry into the house and begin searching it. Sure enough, just as the vet had suspected, the police found the would be burglar. In the shower, holding a bloody hand missing a finger.

Not really a ghost story

Not really a ghost story

No kidding. Really? Damn. Wish I would have noted that before telling it. It was scary. That was the point. Sigh. Everyone's a critic. If if pleases, I did tell 2 true life ghost stories after that.

Tough crowd.

every time I tell that story to a crowd someone they say they've seen that episode :)

But I'm never sure if they are saying that because they actually have, or are just trying to make my story telling easier. :laugh:

But I've not seen that episode... so every time I tell the story I have to say 'I'm told it was on unsolved mysteries, but who knows'.

DAMIT it would be a WAY better story if I had actually seen that episode :cuss:

:)

:laugh:

I used to watch it when I was like 16 years old. I came to Boston to live with my aunt, and we used to sit up at night and watch it, and for some reason I remember seeing that exact story, remembering there was a green light and they thought it was swamp gases :laugh:

Archived