Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post your REAL Ghost Stories Here

zoony

another creepy thing that haunts me till this day is a few months before my grandmother passed she had been hospitalized,when I went to see her with the rest of my family she seemed intent on telling me something,she had a tube going down her throat so she could'nt speak but she really was trying to tell me something and seemed visably upset when me and other family members could'nt figure out the message she tried to give me,when she got out of the hospital a few weeks later,she gave me no indication that she remember what she tried to tell me that day in the hospital,sadly weeks later we lost her.I still think about her and that day in the hospital..

• 1 year later...
Anybody been to the Bunny Man bridge near Clifton? The legend of the Bunny Man has grown, but the real incident that sparked the legend happened near where I grew up...

Before Reston Parkway was finished and we still used Old Reston Ave, the bunny man stories were centered in "THE SYCAMORES" condos/apartments. Apparently there are different versions, btu I remember being chased by a man in a bunny suit one night.....could have been fear more than anything making me THINK that's what I saw....I was scared out of my booty butt though.

True story...

When I was 19 on Christmas break from college, me and 3 friends were bored... random Tuesday night with nothing to do. My one buddy was telling us about a place he had been down to in North Carolina where, as he tells it, you can see a ghost. We started giving him hell as you could imagine... :)

Anyways we were talking about it quite a bit and he was swearing up and down that you could go to a railroad track in North Carolina and walk along until you get to a White Railroad Tie. After banging on the Tie repeatedly with a rock, a mysterious light will begin to glow in the distance, and move toward you and change colors. He even said that Robert Stack had featured it on 'unsolved mysteries' (I have not seen the episode but I'm assured it is true). My buddy also said that if you walk past the White Railroad Tie, the light will shut off, or mysteriously appear behind you where you just were. :wtf:

Of course, after a few beers one of us got the idea to drive down there, as it was only about 2 hours away, and it was still early, we figured we could be there and back by 3 a.m. or so.

Sure enough, we got there and it was RANDOM. Seriously... pretty much in BFE and no landmarks, etc. There was a break in the treeline around the tracks, and the 4 of us started walking down the tracks in the pitch black darkness. It was somewhere around 1 a.m.

There was nothing around, it was pitch black dark, the forest on both sides of the track, and believe me it was creepy. Sure enough, we walked for about a mile and we got to the White Railroad Tie. It was faded, but you definitely could tell it had been painted.

So anyways my buddy, who was pretty buzzed by now, started banging on the Tie and screaming outloud for the ghost to come out. We were sort of laughing at him, but also telling him to keep his voice down because it was ultra-quiet in the woods and we didn't want to alert the locals... I've seen the movie Deliverance and it was not funny. :)

Sure enough... after about a minute or two... a light appeared about 50 yards down the tracks and started moving. Trust me, this was no redneck with a flashlight. It was flickering a little, but moving around very high up. I walked past the Tie... and it stopped.

We all went down to where we thought the light was, and nothing. No wires/people... just trees. SPOOKY. Seriously, it wasn't funny anymore, and I was ready to go.

Anyways, not sure if it was a ghost, but I saw it with my own eyes and the circumstances were just WAY too random for it to be a hoax. But I remain open to the possibility...

Zoony,

Was this place in a town called Black Creek, NC? It's about ~1 hour south of the VA/NC border. It's actually in Wilson County where I live. This place is, like you said, in the middle of NO ****ing where. The reason I ask is b/c the railroad track in Black Creek is definitely haunted. The story is the EXACT same as you wrote it in the OP. As soon as you walk passed the white RR tie, you see the light and it comes towards you. When we went out there, the thing was moving around above the tree lines and then it started to come straight towards us. Of course, we all hauled ass and it seemed to follow us temporarily, then all of a sudden it was gone...nowhere to be found.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if it's the same place b/c I've been there and it's scary as ****!

Any of you guys ever heard of the "Witch of Pungo"?

Here is a pic of the house before it was burned down

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodneyharvey/4380327321/

Anyway, so back in the day when we finally got our driver licenses we use to go "ghost hunting" in the back roads of Princess Anne. Elbow Road to be exact. Not necessarily ghost hunting like you see on TV, but just going into the known spots of where people claimed to see the "WHITE LADY" and try to freak ourselves out. There where plenty of stories about drivers claiming to the see a white figure floating between the trees, causing more than a couple of car accidents on that road. The figure they saw was described as a female with long white hair, and the way it moved (or floated) between the trees was pretty terrifying. And the story is that its not just some arbitrary lost soul floating around the woods scaring the babyjesus out of people, its actually Grace Sherwood.......the Witch of Pungo.

One particular place that people frequently mentioned where the White Lady was spotted was a small bridge on Elbow Road. We would park our cars there and wait, hoping to see something. We never saw anything there, so we decided to turn it up a notch and go to the source, the Witch of Pungo's house.

If you look at the picture on the link, you can imagine how creepy this place looks at night time. Especially in the boonies and back roads of Princess Anne. Well, at least 3 car loads of my friends rolled up to the house late night. Trying to see who had enough balls to enter the place, everyone went in. The front door wasn't locked, and nor was this placed preserved as a historical land mark at the time. If was just some F'up looking house on Elbow Road.

Anyway, the house is pretty much empty. No furniture anywhere, just dust and cobwebs. No light available, just from people using their cigarette lighters for light. So my friends go upstairs into one of the bedrooms. They look inside one of the closets, and see a police uniform laying on the ground. Underneath the uniform is a couple of newspaper articles about a police officer. Can't remember specific details about the articles because it was to dark too read the print. And before they could go into any other bedroom to do some more investigating, someone screamed at the top of their lungs that they saw something or someone move from one room to the other and everyone hauled ass out of the room, fell down the stairs trying to knock each over and got the hell out of the house. I doubt anyone tried to stay to confirm or to see what the hell it was that moved around upstairs. Needless to say I never went back to that freakin' place and my ghost hunting ventures came to a complete halt.

Now whether or not it was the White Lady or the ghost of the witch of pungo still remains a mystery. Along with the police uniform and article, which still creeps me out to this day :evilg:

.....sleep tight children......

Archived