Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doom: Game to Movie Failure

pez

First off, let me say that I am a fan of doom, since it paved the way for a bunch of great FPS'. A game of this importance to the gaming community should have been something semi-noteworthy. That being said, THIS MOVIE SUCKED! I was seriously thinking to myself: "Did I just pay money to see this pile of crap?" For the first time I am completely in agreement with the WP's critics on their evaluation of this movie.

While there were some cool graphics and cool fight scenes (including a first person shooter view - first I have seen in a movie) the movie was completely lacking in any kind of dialogue and storyline. Now yes I know this is a shoot em up video game, and "hey, what did you expect", but if you are changing the media environment from interactive to just viewing, you better make up for it somehow! At the end of the movie I felt like someone had just decided slap some graphics and a couple of fight scenes together and slapped the Doom name on it... I hope the games developers got some good money out of this, because the games respectability was raped like a new fish in San Quentin. Rock seemed like he was on the way up as far as his capabilities as a new action star, but this took him a couple rungs back down.

Hopefully Peter Jackson will evaluate how this movie completely failed, and take some que's when producing his adaptation of what I think will be a highly anticipated Halo. All in all, don't even wait till this comes out on video.... wait till it comes out on cable!

Okay Pez. I am a huge fan of DOOM. Played hte original till the disks, ( the 3.5 of the origingal and the CD for the second), were pretty much toast. Was very good at them. Played expansions and such too. Have 3 and love it. That means I'm obviously easy to please. So you're telling me to save the money on the movie this weekend,(planned to go), and find something else to do.

Okay Pez. I am a huge fan of DOOM. Played hte original till the disks, ( the 3.5 of the origingal and the CD for the second), were pretty much toast. Was very good at them. Played expansions and such too. Have 3 and love it. That means I'm obviously easy to please. So you're telling me to save the money on the movie this weekend,(planned to go), and find something else to do.

Bingo

oh and wally.. I know what I was walking into, but lets put it this way.... this would rank BELOW Mortal Kombat 2 - it was THAT BAD...

Hmmmm....looks like I'll be waiting to Netflix that one!!

Doom 2 was the bomb diggity. I used to have some epic battles in Doom 2, mostly the modification boards. I can't remember what it was called, but someone made this 7 level Doom battle board that was awesome...it was pretty famous. Anyway, lots of battles on there!! :cheers:

Archived