Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 49ers traded away their best opportunity of winning.

mcarey032

The Niners are not going to the playoffs anytime soon with Tim Rattay, so it's a good trade for them, although it would have been better to get a little more than a 6th round pick. A quarterback that has started in the NFL and played ok at times is worth more than that, especially to a Bucs team -- with a decent shot at making the payoffs -- that just lost their starter for the season.

Might as well get the rook some experience for next season.

I don't think the 49ers were planning to win this season. The started Rattay at the beginning of the year so Smith can see what goes on gameday and to allow Nolan to gauge his team. Smith will now take what he has learned, and gain more experience by actually being on the field. I personally think it is a great move by the 49ers. Rattay was going to become a FA by the end of the year anyway and they got a draft pick for it.

They are going all in on Smith...which means they are screwed, and will be drafting Reggie Bush #1 next year.

1st Overall Pick The Houston Texans Select: Reggie Bush

2nd Overall Pick The San Fransisco 49ers Select: A Top 10 defensive back, Wide Reciever, or Linemen.

3rd Overall Pick The Chicago Bears Select: Matt Lienert(There goes Matt Lienerts potiential legendary career. He should of entered the draft and got drafted by the 49ers last year.)

Thats the top 3.

Anyway Tim Rattay isnt their future, Alex Smith is.

When I heard about this, I was shocked. They must really being saying to hell with this season. There is no chance in hell they win many games with a rookie QB and the squad that they have.

Also, injury is definitely something to worry about in this league. Hopefully they will be teaching him to throw the ball away before the pressure comes. If not, his body will be in for a beating. Particularly this week if LA plays.

1st Overall Pick The Houston Texans Select: Reggie Bush

2nd Overall Pick The San Fransisco 49ers Select: A Top 10 defensive back, Wide Reciever, or Linemen.

3rd Overall Pick The Chicago Bears Select: Matt Lienert(There goes Matt Lienerts potiential legendary career. He should of entered the draft and got drafted by the 49ers last year.)

Thats the top 3.

Anyway Tim Rattay isnt their future, Alex Smith is.

Why would Houston draft Reggie Bush? They have a RB already. Domanick Davis is very good. He's been a little down this year because the entire team is awful.

If Houston has the first pick, they should trade it for a bonanza. They are still high on Carr & Davis.......

Tim Rattay, in the few games I've seen him in, looks like a guy that would thrive in the right setting. He has everything you'd want from a starting QB: ability to avoid the rush, decent arm strength, can read coverages when given time, and can take a hit.

Archived